“Perata Luxury Tours, Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 217 Activities in Napa
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Perata Luxury Tours/Perata Luxury Car Services LLC(PLCS)is a boutique wine country transportation option specializing in custom assembled private wine tours. Spotless late model vehicles, fun & knowledgeable local tour guides, and unique and exclusive access to some amazing family owned and small production wineries is what we pride ourselves on. Many of our favorite vineyards traditionally may not be experienced by visitors without the relationships and knowledge of your guides at Perata Luxury Tours LLC. We are fully licensed by the California Public Utilities Commission (TCP#25628) and meet all the insurance & safety guidelines of the CAPUC & the California Highway Patrol.
Chicago, Illinois
“Perata Luxury Tours, Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Nick is the owner/manager of the tour company and will be your first contact. After taking the number of our group he selected the appropriate vehicle for us. My wife and I had the opportunity to do a last minute weekend in Napa and he was very accommodating. The Fleet of vehicles that he has ranges from Suburban to larger luxury cars. After realizing he had availability for only one day while we were there he was kind enough to offer input to our self tour we had lined up for the day prior. This I thought was extremely kind as he was under no obligation to do so, and then added he would set up an experience that would be genuine and different from what we had seen the day before.
Patrick his driver contacted us an hour before his arrival and was extremely prompt showing up 15 minutes early. The vehicle we had was the Ford Flex, extremely clean and spacious in the back seat. His appearance was very professional and manner was kind and helpful. The service he provided was beyond any expectations. Always opening the door and encouraging us to remain hydrated with water he provided from a cooler in the back and snacks that helped absorb some of the wine that we had during the tour.
Nick did not disappoint with his promise of a different experience. The small vineyards they had chose for us were spectacular and such a treat as we would not have found these small gems, requiring appointments. After the phone call was made and a deposit placed we didn't have to worry about any other agenda aside from have a fun time. The owner/operators that we met were people kind and fun to speak with during our visits. Each of them spoke very fondly about Nick and Patrick as being the best tour group in Napa. After seeing our first vineyard, Patrick offered several options for lunch and once we decided he called our order in as we were finishing our second tour. It was beautiful outside and Patrick arranged for us to eat outside at a nice vineyard that would allow us to eat our lunch in peace, with a beautiful view of the vineyard.
We visited 4 vineyards and each had their own character and attraction and all along the way Patrick was keeping us paced with time. It is easy to sit and taste wine and get wrapped up in conversation and important to keep moving, otherwise, we would have only seen 2 vineyards that day. Like I said, they chose great places and the people were as enjoyable as the wines that that they offered.
Safely doing Napa is important and I can't express enough how relieved I was after 2 vineyards to have someone else driving and encouraging hydration throughout the day. As we were wrapping up the day Patrick made suggestions and comments on our selection for dinner, offering even to obtain reservations for us. After a brief tour of downtown Napa he dropped us out our hotel, where we were able to freshen up and go for dinner. It was a very enjoyable day and when I return I will certainly look to use their services again.

Visited May 2013

Old Greenwich, Connecticut
“Fantastic Wine Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

First of all, there is a reason why they are #1. Nick was fantastic on the booking end. He handled all my questions through email and was prompt in his responses. A few days before our tour he asked if he could pick us up early because one of his favorite spots opened. Grant and his wine were the highlight of the trip so I'm thankful he did. Melissa was our driver and could not have been a better guide. She had wonderful knowledge of the area and was able to answer any questions we had. We also had a fantastic time just joking around with her. For lunch we stopped at the Oxbow market and the choices were wonderful. In all, we visited three wineries but the attention we were given by our hosts was outstanding. My best friend and his wife took the wine tram in Sonoma and had a great time. I booked the tour with Nick and when it was through, they told me I had hit a homerun. With Nick, you are going to taste wine that you would otherwise never hear about. I would highly recommend them to any and all. If you are lucky enough to get Melissa as your driver, ask her what the O said to the Q.

Saint Augustine, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Best Way to See Napa & Wineries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nick arranged an amazing tour for me during my short stay in Napa. David took me to three wineries I would never have found on my own and I didn't have to worry about driving while I was tasting these amazing wines! The best service and the best way to experience Napa.

Houston, Texas
“Excellent Way to See Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had never been to Napa before and someone recommended Perata. It was a most wonderful experience. We had appointments at 4 outstanding wineries that we could have never found on our own. We had wonderful visits with the estate owners and tasted some amazing wine. I highly suggest using Perata for your trip. Garrett was our guide and he was fantastic, very professional and a wealth of interesting information on the area. We will be back next year!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“An entirely different way to experience Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my fourth trip to Napa/Sonoma. We've hired drivers in the past, and thought we would be getting the same standard service we've always received from other companies. However, this time we booked with Perata. In addition to a few public wineries we were interested in, we asked Nick and his team to build us an itinerary if smaller, family owned wineries. It completely changed the Napa experience and was one of the most beautiful, enjoyable weekends I've ever had. We felt very fortunate to meet so many estate owners (and discover some new favorite wines)...We felt like we had a VIP pass as we sat on the porches of these beautiful properties sipping wine. Dave, our driver, was very knowledgable and was able to provide us with a lot of local color. I won't do Napa again without Perata!