“Maybe the first - definitely not the LAST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Napa

Save Saved
You added Andaz Napa to your Saves list
Andaz Napa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 First Street, Napa, CA 94559-2843 (Formerly AVIA Napa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Wine Wanderlust
Ranked #2 of 25 hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Maybe the first - definitely not the LAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This was my first experience of a (Hyatt) ANDAZ hotel I was most impressed. The check-in was quick, friendly & efficient. I was given a lovely room on the 5th floor - everything you could want, but what impressed me most was not only the high quality of the fittings & furnishings but also the attention to detail right down to a pencil sharpener & rubber/eraser on the desk & even toothpaste in the bathroom.
The non-alchoholic drinks in mini-bar were complimentary & there was a handy coffee machine. Wifi is free & fast. The bed was very comfortable & ensured a great night's sleep.
Room service was prompt & polite. The location is excellent for downtown Napa & for touring the stunning Napa valley
The only thing left to say is - many other hotels could learn alot from the standards set by the Andaz Napa!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

961 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for my birthday with my husband, just for one night.. we loved it!! You walk into a unique lobby which has this beautiful large woodwork that you can not miss. Check-in was quite unique as well.. I've never checked in to a hotel sitting on a large comfy chair or have ever been offered wine or champagne. There's a great bar in the lobby with more seating to lounge around.

They recognized that it was my birthday and I was given my requested upgrade. I think that I may have received more as I only requested an upgrade for a large soaking tub but also got a large sitting area, with fireplace that was visible in both the bedroom and sitting room. This also came with two large flat screen TVs. Pretty awesome. The only downside was that I wasn't notified that I was given my upgrade until I asked. If I hadn't received the upgrade and found out when I walked into my room, I would've been disappointed and would've insisted on getting it. Just wouldn't have been convenient.

Our room was gorgeous.. modern yet very comfortable. The king size bed and linens were HEAVEN! We spent most of the day lounging in the bed, taking advantage of the huge soaking tub and walk in shower. We were only there for one night, couldn't let the room go to waste. The black out drapes were a plus as we were able to nap midday without being bothered by the sun. Can't express enough how much we loved the comfy bed!

The concierge as well as the rest of the staff were extremely friendly! The concierge suggested a few great restaurants to try and the one we decided to go to was awesome! Uva Trattoria off of Main and Clinton.

Ate breakfast downstairs in the hotel restaurant.. hands down, best french toast my husband and I have ever had. We also had an omelet which was delicious too. The french toast was on a baguette with chocolate, fresh cream and peach compote... yum! The only downside was that I was given the wrong bill - it was for another table and was also given mine.. they were apologetic about the mix up and breakfast was on them!

Check out was available online- which i thought was way cool but I checked out the standard way. I thought it was very interesting that they used Ipads for all of the check-in and check-out procedures but it made everything very relaxed and efficient.

Overall this was a fantastic stay at a fantastic hotel even though it was for only one night. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: When making your reservations, book with an upgrade for a soaking tub-well worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently on a trip to Napa. Everything was great. From my room to the service. The concierge service was tremendous. Very helpful and very nice. The location is perfect, right in the middle of everything. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights this past week and couldn't be happier. The entire staff was cordial and warm through everything. The room was spacious and appointed nicely. Breakfast was delicious. Greg and Marcella were very helpful and I would recommend it to anyone staying in napa.

• Stayed November 2012
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When visiting the Napa Valley, we usually stay at a small hotel or bed and breakfast. Very often weekends in Napa Valley require two night stays. We live close enough that a one night stay is perfect for us. This stay was for just one night on a Sunday. The Andaz Napa Hotel in downtown Napa was suggested to us by the winery we were visiting. I can't tell you how pleasantly surprised and delighted we were with this choice. The facility is modern in design but still warm and beautiful. Check-in was completed in comfortable chair, via iPad, and of course a glass of wine! The staff were just wonderful. From the welcoming greeting on they were attentive, pleasant, and genuinely interested making our stay as perfect as possible. Our room was modern, immaculate, and very comfortable. The room had two areas. One a sitting area with TV and the other a bedroom which also had a TV. The bath was spacious and the shower very soothing. We did not eat in the hotel but they made a great recommendation that went to on Monday for lunch. Being downtown, there were shops, restaurants, and a lovely river walk to stroll along. We will not hesitate to stay at the Andaz again and highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A wonderful experience, from check in to check out. Staff were courteous, efficient and professional. Room was exceptional. It a fireplace, two TVs, separate tub and shower. Restaurant was excellent also. Hyatt should be proud of this property and staff. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had a large loft room and I highly recommend it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is managed by Hyatt and it says it all. We were upgraded to a two room suit with a fireplace (can be accessed from both rooms) and an exquisite bath tub in the very bedroom. The rooms are not large, but cozy with vast bathrooms, the design is reserved and classy. They also have a very helpful concierge service in the lobby – really helpful if you are not sure which vineries you’d like to go to, ‘cause they are so many and you need recommendation in terms our tour companies etc. The location of the hotel is perfect – right in the downtown, so you walk out of the door and already are in the close proximity to good places to eat or just to wonder Napa streets, which is like toy town – so lovely and neat.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a fireplace - Napa evenings are cold and the fireplace along with a glass of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Napa? Share your experiences!