“Great choice in Napa. We hope to stay again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Napa

You added Andaz Napa to your Saves list
Andaz Napa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 First Street, Napa, CA 94559-2843 (Formerly AVIA Napa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
Winter Park, Florida
“Great choice in Napa. We hope to stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011 via mobile

We loved our stay at Avia. Wonderful part of town for easy walking and dining. The room was nice and bright and the beds were very comfortable. We drove to the vineyards each day and were excited to return to our lovely accommodations. Make sure you visit the terrace outside in the evening. You can sit by the fire with your own wine, and visit with the other guests.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We had a great stay at the Avia while we were visiting the Napa Valley.

We were there with our 18m old daughter and the staff went above and beyond to accomodate for us in terms of warm milk and food restrictions for our daughter.

The concierge got us reservations at "Auberge du soleil" which was 'booked' according to an online booking site.

We had a great stay and very much enjoyed the hotel/room and restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
st. charles, mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

While in San Fran for business my husband & I decided to spend a day in Napa. We travel to Napa/Sonoma yearly. We thought we would try the new Avia Hotel. It was not what we envisioned. Our suite w/tax was $379 nightly. I had called the day prior to inquire about early check-in and was told 'NO', instantly. We arrived at 2:30 and attempted to check-in and with no eye contact from the from desk attendants, we were told no, and not before 4 pm. Traveling monthly, and in the hospitality business I understand being busy and fully booked, however, I also understand, ALL rooms are not instantly available at 4 pm. We were told we could leave our number and they would cal us when our suite became available. Our phone didn't ring. We returned at 4:30 and our room was ready. We got to our room and the keys didn't work: back to the front desk, stand in-line, show id, rekey cards......finally in our room. Open the drapes and we have a 5 story solid cement wall the length of the hotel. What a view! and I paid $375 for it. We were told they have 'free tastings' from 5-6pm with food pairing from the chef. We got ready for dinner and went to the free tasting, which is hosted by a local vineyard, so no expense to the hotel, except for the food pairings, which NEVER appeared.
In summary the pictures look good in the advertizements, but my money can get me more bang for the buck at any number of establishments in the Valley.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Over the years, I've avoided staying in Napa when visiting wine country. The hotels and B and B's are just too expensive and pretentious. I fell in love with Avia Napa, the relaxed, yet chic decor. Great room service, casual wine bar and helpful staff. The location in the heart of downtown is perfect, and if a special is on, or it's not a busy weekend, the rates are relatively less expensive than some other places. We had a fireplace suite, upgraded, and I must admit I'm spoiled for anything else now.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed here last year on my first trip to napa. The hotel is brand new and centrally located in downtown napa. Self park is free behind the building. We got the master king suite w lux tub and it was fabulous. The tub was very romantic, the shower was great and the bed heavenly. Had dinner in the restaurant one night too and it was pretty good. I am more a modern clean high end hotel kinda gal than a bed and breakfast kinda gal and this hotel beat the b&b I stayed in in yountville 10 to 1 and but was half the price. Loved loved loved!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Classy hotel in the heart of downtown Napa. Top notch place if you desire to stay in the Napa area, that provides good access to all of the areas attractions. I only wish the hotel had it's own gym and pool facilities. This would have made it a top pick for me.

Room Tip: If you would like a room with tub in your bedroom area, ask for it. Great treat!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband calls me a hotel snob. In fact, during our visit to Napa valley, I checked out of a subpar hotel in Calistoga after one night to try the Avia. What a good decision! It's a rare occasion that I stay in a hotel room that I don't have a complaint about. This hotel was quite splendid! The room and bathroom were huge and very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the hotel was very modern. The only complaint I've read from other reviewers about this hotel is that the town of Napa isn't as quaint as the rest of Napa Valley. I agree, but given the value of this upscale hotel and the fact that one can get from Napa all the way to Calistoga in less than an hour, it's a great place to sleep while exploring this beautiful part of California.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Napa? Share your experiences!