“Great location - rooms a bit dated” 4 of 5 stars

Silverado Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1600 Atlas Peak Rd., Napa, CA 94558   |
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Denver, Colorado
“Great location - rooms a bit dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband had a partner retreat at this property last fall, and I can't say I was disappointed with it being in Napa! I hear that it is fairly difficult to find 60 rooms in one location in Napa, so I can see why they picked the Silverado. It appears to be individually-owned condos surrounding the main house of the hotel, and they manage the renting of the condos for the property owners. Consequently, the room we stayed in was dated and could have used new carpet, etc. However, it was convenient in that we had a covered parking spot right out front of our room, and we were in a great location for getting around Napa. The overall property was nice, and they did a great job of hosting our group.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear brooke103,

Thanks for your review! I am glad to hear things went well for your husband's retreat here at the Resort. Based upon your comments it sounds as though you may have stayed in one of our deluxe rooms. I highly recommend that you come back and try one of our premium rooms as I am sure you will love it. All of our premium rooms have just been renovated and we are receiving some great reviews on the new look.

I hope it won't be too long before you can come back again and try them out. Again, thank you for your comments.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed at the Silverado last week, after not being there for quite some time. We had always enjoyed our previous stays, and appreciated the heritage of the hotel, golf course and property. Admittedly, there had been some newer, more current choices in the past.

The new rooms are fantastic. They are designed much like small custom homes, and have a ton of great touches.

I hadn't played the golf course since the makeover, either. I always enjoyed the heritage and history of the old layout, but Johnny Miller really outdid himself this time. The course was beautiful and pristine. The clubhouse staff and starter were fantastic and super helpful. Overall, one of my best golfing experiences (regardless of my score) that I have had in the past few years.

The food was great, and service was fantastic. They had a very eclectic selection of entrees, even at breakfast. My wife ordered one of our favorite dishes that we have never found inside the states.... chilaquiles.

I can't speak for the spa, personally, but I can tell you that my wife came back refreshed and said it was a great experience.

All in all, one of the best couples getaways that we have had in our 17 years of marriage. She got what she wanted to do... Spa and wine tasting, I got to do what I wanted to do, Golf and hang with her in a great private space.

We will be back soon and often!

Room Tip: I personally liked that our room opened straight up to the range and chipping green. When my wife w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael,

Now this is the kind of review we hope to get from every guest that walks through the doors of Silverado Resort and Spa. Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you had an excellent experience and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Thanks again for your review!

Pacifica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My friend and I arrived at the Mansion at Silverado for our birthdays. We arrived on May 2, 2014, at 3pm. We were greeted by friendly Bell Captain Mark who opened our car doors and helped us to the Mansion for check in. I requested to have my luggage brought into the condo and Mark assisted me throughout the check in process and opened the gate electronically while driving behind me towards the gated condo area.

Mark and Malik, a new Bellman on his first day of work at Silverado, brought in my many pieces of luggage, coolers, and shopping bags. They placed each item in the proper rooms, kitchen, and living room with friendly smiles, and professional service. Due to several cars being parked improperly behind my carport, it was difficult for me to get into my parking space. Mark called security immediately to correct this situation and the cars were removed so that I could exit the carport without damaging my car!

When it was time to depart, I called the front desk and asked for a Bell Captain to help me with my luggage. Enrique arrived with a smile and happy disposition. He was professional and efficient.

The two bedroom suite was clean, with a fireplace, and beautiful view of the golf course. When we needed toothpaste, the housekeeping staff brought it right to our door even though the hour was late.

We had the pleasure of the professional services at the Spa, including a fantastic haircut from Kristin, and restorative massages from Jose and Christine. The amenities were above and beyond our expectations and the pool area is wonderful!

I will certainly be returning to Silverado!

Room Tip: Lower level units are easier access.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable visit with us and really glad that you took the time to mention some of the great associates you had encounters with. Mark, Malik, Enrique, Kristin, Jose and Christine, will no doubt be very happy that you mentioned them in your feedback.

I appreciate your time and hope that it won't be long before you can come back and visit us again.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had a confirmed reservation for a "Junior Suite Mansion Superior." When we were being driven to our room, we discovered we had the lowest level room (240 sq ft) which was far from the main hotel and did not have parking by the unit. The check-in clerk did not even mention that they did not have the room we reserved, nor was an offer made intially to adjust the price! Only when we returned to registration did the clerk acknowledge that he gave us a much lower level room and that no other rooms were available. We spoke to the manager on duty and although he was nice and offered to comp a night, he too said he had no other rooms. In the end he comped us two rounds of golf. We had to spend 90 minutes on the phone before we were able to find another suitable place to stay. First time ever that we have had a resort not honor a reservation. They did not even send an email or call to let us know ahead of time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit to Silverado. I am so sorry to hear that your visit was not what you were hoping it would be and that your room reservation was not honored. We did have a tricky situation over the weekend of your visit with us and one where we had to make some room moves. While we do always try to contact our guests beforehand if we ever encounter this situation, it sounds like this particular situation was unavoidable and happened last minute. For that we are very sorry. We would like you to know that this isn't something we typically run into and I hope it won't deter you from visiting us in the future as I know we would be able to make your next stay much more enjoyable. I appreciate your feedback.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We were there to look at having our wedding there. The staff was really friendly, and Mark was really helpful in showing the different venue sites available. The golf course looks well maintained! Mark was really knowledgeable and friendly. Would like to come back and play golf sometime!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your kind review. I am glad to read that you were impressed by our staff, particularly Mark. We would love to have you back for a round of golf and maybe even your wedding! Please come back and stay with us soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We arrived for a conference only to discover that the reservation made by the company was for the next day. They accommodated us, but our room was the equivalent of a motel room of another era, replete with under the window wall air conditioner and an old Phillips TV that only showed a few channels, all quite snowy, so that watching it was not worth the time. The room had been cleaned, but there was no soap and even when we requested it we only received 1 bar so that we had to share it with the shower. The next day after the room was cleaned there still was only the one bar, so that I had to call again before finally receiving a bar of soap for the sink and replacement shampoo. Calling was another issue, as there was no answer at Housekeeping, Concierge or the Front Desk. What was so frustrating was that everyone we knew at the conference had very comfortable two room suites with flat screen TVs. There was no sense asking to move as we were only there for three nights, but as the spouse of the conference attendee who was recuperating from surgery I ended up spending a lot of time alone in that dismal room.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite as close to the main building as possible, as the rooms are spread out and you hav...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I would like to extend my thanks to you for taking the time to let us know about your visit with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than exceptional and that you did not enjoy the room you stayed in. We do have many other additional options to choose from and most all of the rooms on property have recently been remodeled. I do hope that you have the opportunity to return and experience one as I am confident you will have a much better experience.

Thanks again for your feedback.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my birthday because I wanted to check out the tennis club on site. Lots of tennis courts, most were empty because golf seems to be more popular I guess. Anyways, we paid for a group lesson with the tennis pro and that was fun. The restaurant was kind of upscale but affordable. Sadly, the room was old, out of date but comfortable. At 1am, we awoke to a loud domestics violence argument across the hall. We quickly called security to check it out as we heard glass being thrown. To make a long story short, we had to call security three times before the local sheriff arrive at 2am to make an arrest. Needless to say, we did not get a good nights rest. But this is not the hotel's fault, just an lucky incident.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!