“Short two day stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Napa
tallahassee, United States
“Short two day stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I travel to the Bay Area about 5 times a year is often try to arrive a few days early for some relaxation and this past trip brought my wife and 16 year old daughter, we arrived about 1 pm on a Sunday, a room was ready but the helpful front desk staff recommended we wait an hour or so and a much better room would be available , we'll worth the wait, a close in condo very comfortable with a fireplace, we had booked a golf package but the temperature was very cold, my family did not want yo play, the desk clerk kindly gave a spa credit to my wife and daughter in place of golf, nice extra touch, I was allowed on the course early and played the north and south course , they were both in excellent condition I thoroughly enjoyed my rounds, only comment I might add is on the south course there was neither a snack shack or drink cart, refreshments were only available at the turn, we ate at the grill restaurant breakfast and dinner, the menu was a little limited but what we had was excellent, we asked for extra coffee and fire logs, they were promptly brought, all in all our stay was excellent and we will return often.

Room Tip: Get close to mansion or be prepared to hike
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear John,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you had the kind of quality visit that Silverado Resort and Spa has come to be known for. It was our sincere pleasure to have you and your family with us and we hope to welcome you back soon. Thanks again for your comments.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have been at the Silverado many times. This past visit over Thanksgiving was in some ways the best ever. Only one complaint. The check in and check out process was really inefficient. Only one young lady at the desk as a line was gathering. Took over 20 minutes to check in with just one person in front of us and almost 30 minutes to check out with just one person in front of us. That was only remedied by the fact that the person in front of us had a rather complex bill and finally some come out to help to the desk clerk.
Now for all of the wonderful reasons you should stay here. The housekeeping services is among the best we have ever had. Please do not forget to leave a tip because they do service over and above. The space is delightful. We always get a 1 bedroom golf course unit on the lower level. The grounds are beautiful. The spa is fantastic. Go for the Holidays. We have been there for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.. always great. We do miss that they are no longer have a Campaign Buffets.. but pound for pound they are still a good value. Go just because. Free wifi, a log for your fire place and in my opinion one of the most romantic spots to stay and play. How can you not love that. Yes the beds are confie and the coffee makers have good coffee too!

Room Tip: Get a room on Cottage drive overlooking the golf course. We have never had a problem with upstairs n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mylanb,

Thanks so much for your review. I am glad to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you had such great things to say about our Housekeeping staff. We couldn't agree more!

I do apologize that your check in and check out was difficult and I will reviewing your comments with my Front Office managers to make sure we are properly staffed for all occassions. I do appreciate you letting us know about your experience.

Thank you for staying with us again and please come back soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the resort in one of the two bedroom condos. It was very quiet and clean and the restaurants were excellent. The staff was super friendly and helpful and I would stay again here next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HollywoodGirls,

I appreciate your time in letting us know that you had a fantastic stay at the Resort and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I hope it won't be too long before you can come back and visit us again.

Thank you for your review!

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My stay at Silverado was relaxing and peaceful. I went for a girls weekend and enjoyed the spa treatments (which were great!).

The resort was close to downtown Napa so we enjoyed some very good restaurants as well as shopping at the Napa Outlets.

Would highly recommend for great accommodations and amenities!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Joyous94105,

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us during your birthday weekend. We were very happy to have you and your friends here for such a special celebration.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Silverado several times. The previous times the rooms were fabulous! This time however, I stayed in a different area and it was not what I expected. We could hear the people above us loud and clear. I had expected a room on the golf course, with a pretty fireplace but this is not where we ended up. I think I probably did not ask the right questions when booking this room and made some (faulty) assumptions. I did not ask for our room to be changed nor did I talk to anyone about my concerns. I will stay there again but I will ask more questions. The staff is truly outstanding. The restaurant is very good and I appreciate having it so close and conveniently located. The bed is really comfortable and the condo was very clean.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the golf course are nicer.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear DayTripper,

First off let me start by thanking you for being a frequent guest of the Resort. It's always nice to hear from guests that have stayed with us a few times so we know how we are doing. It sounds as though this last visit was not as great as your previous visits and I do want to apologize for that. As I mentioned in the last review, we are working very hard with our current room renovations and I am confident that you will be very pleased with the end result of that renovation. We have some great changes ahead of us....stay tuned!

Westlake Village, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The staff was very friendly and professional however the actual facilities are dated and getting old. Would not recommend paying high season rates but off season is very reasonable. Enjoyed our stay but the parking lot is far from the room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SimpleGuy,

Thank you very much for your review. While we were glad to read that you enjoyed our staff, I do want to apologize that your expectations were not met with regard to the facilities. We are working very hard at changing that. We are in the middle of a major room renovation and will be beginning a renovation with our Conference facility as well in the coming weeks. The changes are very positive and we have been receiving some great feedback. We hope that you will return in the future once everything is complete and give us another try.

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Vernon, BC Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

A girls' getaway. We paid in adv req 2 queen beds. We were excited to be in the Napa Valley,to explore by bicycle. The website boasted bike rentals, and daily yoga. We were given a room with one king bed &were told the resort would be full on the 3rd night so no room w 2 beds. We booked 3 weeks in adv!!! Our stay Monday - Friday, yoga only Sundays. And no bikes! The worst part? 4 unauth charges on my Credit card. We paid in full in adv, but day 1 charge $420+, day 2 = $80+, day 3 = $250+, day 4 = $670+. Desk said don't worry, only preauthorized, but it affects your credit room! Over $1400 for a paid in full? 16 days later still waiting for my $670+. (1st 3 charges disappeared once we got home.) The shining light? The maintenance man for our TV remote! Napa town? Fantastic. Location? Great. Credit card charges? Terrible!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the bathroom door actually closes off the bathroom! The bathroom was lovely...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Omaveron,

Thank you very much for letting us know how your visit went. I do want to apologize that your stay did not go as you had hoped it would. I am currently trying to find out about these credit card charges that you incurred and why they happened.

Currently, through the winter season, we do not keep the bikes on property for rental. However, we are still able to reserve the bikes for you if you wish and the company will come to the property and drop them off upon request. I do apologize that this was not communicated to you properly.

I do appreciate you recognizing our Engineer and I am glad that he was able to make your visit a little more pleasant. I certainly hope that we are able to make this up to you as I know we can make your next visit much more pleasurable. Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope we will see you back at Silverado in the future.

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!