“Silverado” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 27 hotels in Napa
Campbell, California
“Silverado”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Gotta spend some time to check into the Spa & play a little golf! Weekday was very nice and quite on the grounds, travel from the bay area was best to head up after traffic (7 p.m.)

Conference space was nice in the Mansion faciliyt and meals on the patio overlooking the golf course made the event very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Weekdays were very quiet, I had a single room attached to a suite -- some noise from the neighbors s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you back at the Resort in the near future.

855 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This resort is incredible. We love this spot.

Beautiful views, golf course, swimming pools, and tennis courts. We've been here many times (my wife has an annual medical conference so this was our third time here). So this review is long overdue. But what set it apart for us on our most recent trip was the excellent customer service. Nick in reception went above and beyond to give us a great service. The hotel happened to be oversold when we arrived but he went above and beyond (making calls, talking to his manager) to not just get us a room but to give us an excellent kid-friendly room (we were travelling with our 16-month old toddler). He was just also super friendly and helpful with other directions for Napa. Thanks Nick - its great service like this that will keep us coming back time and again. And super nice touches like free lemonade and tasty fruit water in the lobby put this gem over the top for us. Good friend in the hotel too.

Keep up the great hospitality & service, Silverado. Our family can't wait to come back (and we hope to be back later this summer)!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words! I was so glad to read that you once again had the chance to return to Silverado Resort and Spa. We appreciate that you continue to return. The item that stood out the most to me in your review was those comments about Nick at our Front Desk. I was happy to read that he went over and above for you and that your expectations were exceeded. We will be sure to let Nick know of your nice comments as I am sure he will be very pleased.

We hope to see you and your family back for a visit this summer!
SF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Jacob and Katie were fantastic tennis pros. My 6 and 4 year old children had a ton of fun in lessons with Katie every single day of our vacation. I also had several excellent lessons with Jacob. He was very adept at breaking down the fundamentals in a way where I could understand how to apply the changes he suggested. There are tons of courts, all in excellent condition. Water was set out daily next to each court and there were covered platforms to sit on between the courts to watch my kids during their lessons. I would go back for the tennis in a heartbeat.
Most of the Silverado guest rooms are very outdated at the moment (April 2013). However, the resort is in the midst of a major overall. There was construction going on all around our unit. We saw one of the re-modeled rooms and it was beautiful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us and were glad to hear you had a fun time with Jacob and Katie over in our Tennis Department! Both are excellent instructors and continue to receive rave reviews from guests.

I was glad you had the opportunity to take a look at one of our newly remodeled rooms. We think they are beautiful too! We hope to see you back at the Resort soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

In peaceful Napa Valley, lovely landscaping, world class golf course, fresh California cuisine. Old world charm and good customer service. Stayed in one of the condos with a 1980s feel and decor but very comfortable, clean and pleasant. Nice courtyard and view off of the condo. A bit of a hike to the mansion, but facility will pick you up in a golf cart and transport you if you need it. We have a conference room rate, so at $189 per night plus the resort fee, it is reasonable. However, if you are paying a lot more for the room, you may be disappointed. Only real challenge has been the free internet, which can be sporadic at times. If you must have a reliable internet connection, consider bringing your own hot spot.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a condo on the road. It can be noisy in the morning but is quiet at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We were glad to read you enjoyed your visit with us. I do apologize that you had trouble with connecting to the internet and will look into why this was happening immediately. Thanks for letting us know.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

First off, if you read my reviews here, you know I generally put very little effort into my writing and while my ratings and opinions are legitimate, I tend to live on the sarcastic side.

However I am so irritated by this "resort," I am writing a non sarcastic review.

I stay in more hotel rooms than I can count every year, so it's also notable when I write a review about a hotel instead of a restaurant.

I am staying here now and I hate this place. I feel angry and ripped off. We were stuck in some goofy low rent condo like building where the pool we had to pay a $20 a night fee was out of service. The room itself smells musty and the bathroom floor is kind of gross.

In a $300 room I expect decent coffee in the room, fast wifi, spotless cleanliness, functioning amenities, and the feeling my money is well spent.

Unless you are a golf junkie, you can do way better than this in wine country.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We were certainly disappointed in reading that your stay was not all it could have been and we do apologize that your experience was not what you had hoped it would be. I can understand your frustration and will make sure that your review is shared with the rest of our team so we can improve for the next time.

While we did not do a great job with your first impression of us, I am confident we could do a much better job in the future and would welcome the opportunity to have you back again. Thank you again for your feedback.
Spreckelsville, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is our second time staying at Silverado, and as golfers it is the ultimate Napa destination. The courses are in excellent condition (hard and challenging!), the driving range and practice facility were just outside our door, and the staff is very friendly. Wineries are close by, and the Spa offers bikes for some exercise to work off all the delicious food. Once the cottages have been remodeled the prices are sure to go up, but for now although they are a bit out of date they are very reasonably priced. The beds and pillows were so comfortable that I thought of asking the front desk if I could buy a pillow! I agree with others that the Lobby is outdated and I hope that is on their to-do list as well as the bar that is in that main building. But the Grill, Pro Shop and other facilities are wonderful and as a guest you feel very at home without having to get all fancied up like you would have to do at a more exclusive resort. If you are not the snobby type, then I very highly recommend Silverado Resort. And once the remodels all happen, even the snobby types will be happy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We were so glad to read you enjoyed your time with us and will look forward to seeing you again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

So many wonderful options in Napa valley. This is not one of them. Tacky lobby with stained carpet and unframed computer photos with sale tags behind the front desk. Completely understaffed. Almost no signage to get to the rooms... Great potential but the place needs to be redone.. Stay at Meadowood, Indian Springs, Bardessano, Andaz, Poetry or many other experiences that make you thrilled to be in wine country

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you did not have the stay you were looking for when visiting us. We are working hard in doing a lot of updates here at the Resort, including a rooms renovation and a conference room renovation. As you know, these things do not just happen overnight, so we appreciate our guest's patience. I do hope that once these items are completed, that you will return to Silverado and give us another opportunity.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!