“Great Customer Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 27 hotels in Napa
Bay Area
“Great Customer Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The typical response from every staff member we met was..."I have been here for...up to 37 years". We did not meet one unhappy member during our visit. The food was off the chart, the entire resort was impecably clean, and relaxation is the word for the entire stay! The Royal Oak restaurant is a wonderful surprise, from the creative and outstanding food to the superior and attentive staff!

The only area that needs work is the Dolce email reservation confirmation system. It doesn't work and they would be better to not send emails! Having made reservations directly with the hotel, I got an immediate email, which was great. However, the option to purchase upgrades was not communicated to the resort; and the promised followup email on the day of arrival did not come! Fortunately, that had nothing to do with the outstanding customer service that we received from everyone onsite!

Room Tip: The upgrade first floor suites with a private patio in the front of the resort property are quiet an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for posting a review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Not only is it great to hear that you enjoyed your time here, but also that you had good interactions with our staff.

I will be following up on the challenges you had with our Reservations system and make sure we do a better job of improving that for the next time you stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon!

Warm Regards,

John Evans

851 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the resort several times and I love everything about it. The charm of the old mansion, the wonderful golf courses, the grounds and the hospitality of their staff never disappoint. Pete, Tim and George at the golf shop, Matthew, Silvia, Lui and Chief Pablo at the Grill and Stacy at the main bar in the Mansion are Stars!
They have two nice restaurants (The Grill and Royal Oak) with nice menus with plenty of variety. Or you can simply take a nice walk over to the snack bar on the South Course and have one of their legendary burgers and hang out in the grove of old oak trees for lunch. All that coupled with its location right in the heart of the Napa Valley. Great spot!

Room Tip: Do not be afraid of a little walk if you do not get a room close to the Mansion, the walk is beautif...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Silverado Resort. I was glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. It is especially nice that you took the time to recognize some of our fantastic associates! We will make sure to pass along this review to them so they can see how they made your stay even more pleasurable.

Thanks for staying with us!

Warm Regards,

John Evans
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the first review I have ever written on a resortl but after seeing so much variation in service in the hospitality world, I felt it was important to write this. The best thing about the Silverado is the consistency of service no matter from the Grill, to the front desk, fitness center or housekeeping. The staff is exemplary and the facility is well maintained. The health club is excellent and the food is above par. We will highly recommend the Silverado to everyone as a "must stay" spot in the Napa Valley.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite which included a fire place, patio and kitchenette...great space!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your recommendation as a "must stay" spot in the Napa Valley! We hope to see you back at Silverado soon!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at this resort during a business trip and had an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful golf course. The resort is lovely and conveniently located in the proximity of numerous wineries. The customer service was outstanding, especially by Dominique Catteau, who took good care of us at the concierge! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am pleased you had the opportunity to visit us during your recent business trip to the Napa Valley. Thank you for your kind words and for recognizing Dominique at our Concierge Desk. We will make sure to pass along your feedback as I know she will be delighted to hear she made your stay more enjoyable. We hope that the next time you visit the Napa Valley you will stay with us once again!
Sammamish, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The property is old, but the room was clean and large. The room creaks - everything in the room makes a noise. If you want a quiet place, it isn't this one. The heater was our biggest problem - it had no thermostatic control and was very loud. The refrigerator next to the bed runs with loud cycles. The bathroom fan was also loud. Not a relaxing environment - it must drive good business to the spa for stress-relief.

There was no bathtub, but a nice patio off the room. Could have had two sinks given all the space.

Room Tip: Be aware of how far the room is from where you park the car or the front desk mansion.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for posting a review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I do apologize that your expectations weren't entirely met during your visit. I will make sure that the items you mentioned, such as the noisy heater, fridge and bathroom fan, are shared with our Director of Engineering who will look into the issues to ensure that those items are running as they should. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I do sincerely hope that the next time you visit Napa Valley, you will stay with us again.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at this property for two nights in October, 2012. The hotel is currently going through renovations which we were not aware of prior to our arrival. They have a board in the lobby that shows some of the materials they will be using to update property and it looks like it will be really nice. First of all this property is very very large. Several acres and really spread out. The spa is across the street and rooms are spread all over. Some of the rooms are miles from the reception. The rooms that are closest to the reception (which is the large white building pictured on website) are one story semi detached villas, which most do not have any view and are the older rooms on the property. We booked an upgrade room; a one bedroom fireplace suite. This was the top room for two people according to their website. When we arrived we were escorted via golf cart to a room in the 200. This room was a small villa with a living room, full kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. However the room was musty and extremely outdated. Nothing like what was picture on the internet and certainly not the room I booked.

The phone in this room did not work and I had to call the front desk via my cell phone. I spoke with the manager and he told me no other rooms were available and I expressed my extreme displeasure and told him that this is not the room we booked. Eventually they moved us to another room on the opposite side of the main lobby. The set up was the same the only difference is that this room was updated maybe 5 years ago but still not the room that was pictured and what we booked online. I again called and expressed my displeasure. I was told that the hotel was sold out and they only thing they could do was move us the following day.

The next day we were moved to a room in the 800; which WAS/IS the room pictured on the internet. This room was about 2 miles from reception and overlooked the golf course. Theses look more like townhouses built into the side of the mountain overlooking the golf course. Certainly a newer neighborhood. It was completely redone with stainless steel appliances, granite countertop, nice large stone bathroom and huge living/dining room and bedroom. Nice huge deck that overlooked the golf course. There were several doors that were locked and we quickly discovered that this was in fact a three bedroom two bath villa with a lock off option to the one bedroom king fireplace suite. We were told that this property was once a time share and each owner had the choice of decor within their unit. Apparently due to customer complaints the hotel decided to make each room more uniform. The 800 and 900 rooms are the newer ones that do not need any updating.

If it wasnt for seeing the 800 block of rooms I would have to say I would not have returned to this property. The hotel basically took pictures of its top quality rooms which they only have a limited number of and put us in the lower quality rooms which they have and abundance of. I was extremely pleased with how the hotel handled us and provided us with the correct room. The restaurant (the grill room) had a decent view and the buffet breakfast was excellent. Very plentiful on the serving sizes of menu items. Bellman were excellent and moving us so many times and service in the grill room was excellent.

I would return to this property after seeing the 800 room blocks. I thought the amenities they had were excellent including the spa and golf course. The only negative is that the property is very spread out but I didnt mind this as I felt like I was not in a hotel and wanted the peace and quite.

Note: taxis all come from the town of Napa and it takes about 20 minutes for a taxi to reach the hotel and/or the restaurant you go to so keep this in mind. It is also very expensive 30.00 each way to Yountville and more for further up the valley.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review and for the time you took to give a detailed description of your recent visit. I am sorry that you had some challenges with the first two rooms you were given, although I was pleased to hear that the room you ended up in was to your expectations and that you enjoyed the rest of your visit. I do hope that the next time you are visiting the Napa Valley that you will return to Silverado and stay with us again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We chose the Silverado Resort as "home base" for all of our wedding guests during their stay in the Napa Valley... Mainly because they offered a great value for the block of rooms we needed to reserve. After reading some rather negative reviews, I only hoped our experience would be better. And, honestly, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating, the resort grounds are lovely, and nearly all the rooms/condos were updated. Several of the basic rooms had not yet been part of the overall updating that is underway. We received a complimentary bottle of wine and cheese platter after we checked into our upgraded 3 bedroom condo. We were also offered 2 gratis rounds of golf. Everyone was very happy and complimentary of the resort, spa, and many activities offered on site. Guests took advantage of the spa, pools, tennis and golf onsite. We also held a brunch for around 75 people in the Arbor Garden on the grounds which was a beautiful area, and the food was delicious. The service really was superb. Only heard positive remarks about the other dining experiences on site also. We had a wonderful experience at Silverado and were taken care of in every way...from the booking of a block of rooms, to the planning of the brunch. We also had buses take our guests to a rehearsal dinner, wine tasting tour and the wedding...all off site. The Silverado staff was very accommodating in all our requests and needs and even offered us an ice chest for bottled water to take on our wine tasting. Our several days stay at Silverado was all positive.

• Stayed October 2012
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience. We hope to have you back as our guest in the very near future. Thanks again for your kind review.

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!