“Great customer service in a beautiful setting.” 4 of 5 stars

Silverado Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1600 Atlas Peak Rd., Napa, CA 94558   |
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Toronto, Canada
“Great customer service in a beautiful setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at this resort during a business trip and had an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful golf course. The resort is lovely and conveniently located in the proximity of numerous wineries. The customer service was outstanding, especially by Dominique Catteau, who took good care of us at the concierge! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am pleased you had the opportunity to visit us during your recent business trip to the Napa Valley. Thank you for your kind words and for recognizing Dominique at our Concierge Desk. We will make sure to pass along your feedback as I know she will be delighted to hear she made your stay more enjoyable. We hope that the next time you visit the Napa Valley you will stay with us once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Sammamish, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The property is old, but the room was clean and large. The room creaks - everything in the room makes a noise. If you want a quiet place, it isn't this one. The heater was our biggest problem - it had no thermostatic control and was very loud. The refrigerator next to the bed runs with loud cycles. The bathroom fan was also loud. Not a relaxing environment - it must drive good business to the spa for stress-relief.

There was no bathtub, but a nice patio off the room. Could have had two sinks given all the space.

Room Tip: Be aware of how far the room is from where you park the car or the front desk mansion.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks so much for posting a review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I do apologize that your expectations weren't entirely met during your visit. I will make sure that the items you mentioned, such as the noisy heater, fridge and bathroom fan, are shared with our Director of Engineering who will look into the issues to ensure that those items are running as they should. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I do sincerely hope that the next time you visit Napa Valley, you will stay with us again.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at this property for two nights in October, 2012. The hotel is currently going through renovations which we were not aware of prior to our arrival. They have a board in the lobby that shows some of the materials they will be using to update property and it looks like it will be really nice. First of all this property is very very large. Several acres and really spread out. The spa is across the street and rooms are spread all over. Some of the rooms are miles from the reception. The rooms that are closest to the reception (which is the large white building pictured on website) are one story semi detached villas, which most do not have any view and are the older rooms on the property. We booked an upgrade room; a one bedroom fireplace suite. This was the top room for two people according to their website. When we arrived we were escorted via golf cart to a room in the 200. This room was a small villa with a living room, full kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. However the room was musty and extremely outdated. Nothing like what was picture on the internet and certainly not the room I booked.

The phone in this room did not work and I had to call the front desk via my cell phone. I spoke with the manager and he told me no other rooms were available and I expressed my extreme displeasure and told him that this is not the room we booked. Eventually they moved us to another room on the opposite side of the main lobby. The set up was the same the only difference is that this room was updated maybe 5 years ago but still not the room that was pictured and what we booked online. I again called and expressed my displeasure. I was told that the hotel was sold out and they only thing they could do was move us the following day.

The next day we were moved to a room in the 800; which WAS/IS the room pictured on the internet. This room was about 2 miles from reception and overlooked the golf course. Theses look more like townhouses built into the side of the mountain overlooking the golf course. Certainly a newer neighborhood. It was completely redone with stainless steel appliances, granite countertop, nice large stone bathroom and huge living/dining room and bedroom. Nice huge deck that overlooked the golf course. There were several doors that were locked and we quickly discovered that this was in fact a three bedroom two bath villa with a lock off option to the one bedroom king fireplace suite. We were told that this property was once a time share and each owner had the choice of decor within their unit. Apparently due to customer complaints the hotel decided to make each room more uniform. The 800 and 900 rooms are the newer ones that do not need any updating.

If it wasnt for seeing the 800 block of rooms I would have to say I would not have returned to this property. The hotel basically took pictures of its top quality rooms which they only have a limited number of and put us in the lower quality rooms which they have and abundance of. I was extremely pleased with how the hotel handled us and provided us with the correct room. The restaurant (the grill room) had a decent view and the buffet breakfast was excellent. Very plentiful on the serving sizes of menu items. Bellman were excellent and moving us so many times and service in the grill room was excellent.

I would return to this property after seeing the 800 room blocks. I thought the amenities they had were excellent including the spa and golf course. The only negative is that the property is very spread out but I didnt mind this as I felt like I was not in a hotel and wanted the peace and quite.

Note: taxis all come from the town of Napa and it takes about 20 minutes for a taxi to reach the hotel and/or the restaurant you go to so keep this in mind. It is also very expensive 30.00 each way to Yountville and more for further up the valley.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review and for the time you took to give a detailed description of your recent visit. I am sorry that you had some challenges with the first two rooms you were given, although I was pleased to hear that the room you ended up in was to your expectations and that you enjoyed the rest of your visit. I do hope that the next time you are visiting the Napa Valley that you will return to Silverado and stay with us again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We chose the Silverado Resort as "home base" for all of our wedding guests during their stay in the Napa Valley... Mainly because they offered a great value for the block of rooms we needed to reserve. After reading some rather negative reviews, I only hoped our experience would be better. And, honestly, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating, the resort grounds are lovely, and nearly all the rooms/condos were updated. Several of the basic rooms had not yet been part of the overall updating that is underway. We received a complimentary bottle of wine and cheese platter after we checked into our upgraded 3 bedroom condo. We were also offered 2 gratis rounds of golf. Everyone was very happy and complimentary of the resort, spa, and many activities offered on site. Guests took advantage of the spa, pools, tennis and golf onsite. We also held a brunch for around 75 people in the Arbor Garden on the grounds which was a beautiful area, and the food was delicious. The service really was superb. Only heard positive remarks about the other dining experiences on site also. We had a wonderful experience at Silverado and were taken care of in every way...from the booking of a block of rooms, to the planning of the brunch. We also had buses take our guests to a rehearsal dinner, wine tasting tour and the wedding...all off site. The Silverado staff was very accommodating in all our requests and needs and even offered us an ice chest for bottled water to take on our wine tasting. Our several days stay at Silverado was all positive.

• Stayed October 2012
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience. We hope to have you back as our guest in the very near future. Thanks again for your kind review.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were hoping it was going to be a grand old place that had been taken care of and full of charm. Not even close. Strange layout------we were 2 miles from the mansion. Our suite was so old and worn. The bed was rock hard. We aren't into spas so I can't comment on that. Golf courses were fine. Small lounge for a place that size. I can't say it enough-----it was boring; had an old folks' home vibe (and we're in our 50's). Employees were courteous and pleasant but nothing special. We did order a lot of room service and I will say that it came quickly and arrived at proper temperatures which we worried about since we were so far away. We also rented a car so we didn't have to rely on their shuttle service to get back and forth. Supposedly it is on the brink of a major renovation; but it's still a strange layout.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate your time in sharing with us your recent experience here at the Resort. While I was happy to read that the Room Service you had was up to par and arrived quickly to your room, it was disappointing to read that you felt that your stay was "nothing special". We strive to make sure all of our guests have an experience that exceeds expectations and I am sorry that we were unable to do that for you this time.

You are correct in stating that our renovation is slated to begin in just days now, and we know that the end result of that renovation will be something our guests will love. I do hope that you will return to Silverado again to experience that for yourself. Thank you for your review.
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My spouse and I were at Silverado for a business meeting. We were in a room that was so small that we had to move a table and a chair to the porch in order to be able to turn around. Luckily, we had a car because it was a 15-min walk from the room to the main building. The food was good, but expensive and overall, as others say, if you are not there to play golf, there are much better options for lodging in Napa/Sonoma.

Room Tip: Get a larger room, near the main building
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Resort with regard to your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear that you did not have an experience that went above and beyond for you. Our goal is to always exceed our guests expectations and I am sorry that we were unable to do that for you this time.

From the description of your review, it sounds as though you were in our Resort guestroom, which, while the most affordable, is also the smallest of our room selections. I encourage you to try out our one-bedroom suites which offer a more spacious layout and include a full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom area. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the food while here and do hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked a 3 bedroom suite for a girls' weekend, thinking that the suite would be very near the main lobby. The website states there are private cottages situated around a golf course, swimming pools, etc. Imagine our surprise when we had to follow a van in our car about 1-2 miles away to our "private cottage" which was actually a condo/town home. The original condo assigned to us looked as if it was last updated in the early 1980s with worn, teal colored carpet. Since we where paying $1000 for 2 nights' stay, this was completely unacceptable. They were able to find us another unit about another 1 mile away that at least had updated decor and was clean. We ended up enjoying our condo, but it was so far away from the main resort that we never even went to the main part of the resort after we checked in. The amenities were nothing special even though the website says there are "thoughtful amenities." I probably wouldn't stay here again, but would check into some of the cuter boutique hotels around the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting a review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. While it was good to hear that you did end up enjoying your room, I was sorry to hear that the distance made for an unpleasant experience. We do our very best to make sure each guest here enjoys there stay to the fulliest. Most all of our three bedroom suites are located across the golf course, as you noted. These suites not only offer more privacy, most all offer golf course views which you won't get with rooms located right near to the main facilities. I do understand though why it may have been a bit inconvenient and do apologize for that. With that said, I do sincerely hope that when you return to the Napa Valley that you will reconsider and stay with us again.

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!