“Paradise in Napa Valley!” 5 of 5 stars

Silverado Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1600 Atlas Peak Rd., Napa, CA 94558   |
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Newport Beach
“Paradise in Napa Valley!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Silverado Resort is the most beautiful resort I have stayed at and I have traveled all over the world. The natural beauty of the resort and its golf courses are breathtaking and the environment is very relaxing. The food and service was exceptional. My room was spacious and comfortable. The Spa was incredible, I could have spent the whole day there,!!! They used the finest products in the treatments I had. They have alot of of natural product lines to choose from, including European products. I can not wait to plan another trip to Silverado Resort.
Selma P

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
LegendaryNapa, Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
What a great review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience here at Silverado Resort and Spa and can't wait to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The property and location are good. However, this place looks like it is from the 1970's. Jesus, I feel like I am staying at someone's house. It is quite loud. The walls are very thin. They should raze all the buildings and build all new on this lovely land. I am glad I am here for just one night. This is definitely not the Ritz Carlton. I would not stay here again. This is no great value. The location is good , and it is relatively cheap, but not worth it.

Stayed September 2012
We appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us. We were disappointed to hear that your stay was not what you were hoping it would be.

As you probably saw in our lobby, we are working very hard on room renovations here at the resort and know that our guests will love the end result.

While you said you would not stay here again, we definitely hope you will reconsider and visit us again after our renovations are complete. Thanks for your review.
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

A beautiful resort in a great location for visits to wineries. I highly recommend speaking with the knowledgeable and charming concierge Dominique Catteau. She brings an international touch since she is from France, yet knows Napa like a native. We absolutely loved her recommendations for restaurants and wineries, and enjoyed learning about the area through our conversation with her. We only had a weekend in Napa, so getting this expert advice right away was very important to us. A big merci to Dominique for making our stay in Napa just perfect!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed working with Dominique to plan your wine tours and dining. We will make sure she sees your review, as we know she will be thrilled that you singled her out for her outstanding service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

For my first time staying at the Silverado Resort, I needed a bit of guidance in order to avoid the tourist traps and discover genuine things to do in the area... Dominique Catteau was more than helpful! Her knowledge and recommendations were great!! She made my stay an unforgettable experience... Merci Dominique!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
It is great to hear back from our guests that specifically had an outstanding experience with one of our associates. We are so glad to hear that Dominique was especially helpful to you and know she will love seeing this review. We think she is pretty great at what she does too! Thanks for taking the time to let us know.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed in Silverado Resort again the beginning of September 2012 and must say that the hotel staff made my vacation comfortable, excited and unforgettable. Special thanks to the hotel manager Nikolay Tevekeliyski, who was so king to us and made sure we have everything we need to be totally satisfied. I will recommend the resort to every person I meet who would like to visit Napa and would like to be pampered as a royalty.
Thank you again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We are glad you stayed with us during your last visit to the Napa Valley. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience and especially about Nikolay Tevekeliyski. It is great to hear from guests that have memorable interactions with our staff.

We'll look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Napa!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

First off the good things. The grounds of the resort/club are beautiful. The setting, on a golf course tucked up to the edge of Napa Valley, is gorgeous. Service was excellent--friendly and prompt. Our room, which appeared to have been recently remodeled, was nicely decorated and well appointed. The room had a nice patio with a couple of chairs, though we didn't have time to use it. The location of the resort is great--easy to get into the valley for wine tasting, but still close to the city of Napa. The bar and patio at the main building is a great place to have a drink in the evenings (and I especially like their fire tables.)

As for the negatives, the most important deal with poor sleep quality. Usually I can sleep decently anywhere. But the room we had, 647, had two major problems. First, the pillows were awful. Faaaaaar too soft, even when doubled up. Absolutely no neck support. Second, and more importantly, the walls are VERY thin. The room is attached to a larger suite/condo on the 1st floor, shares another wall with a unit on the opposite side, and the stairs to the upstairs units is right in front of our door. Suffice it to say, it was a cacophony in our room each morning, with people chatting at breakfast or coming and going. It was extremely easy to hear conversations outside or in other units, and it was loud. (The screaming child each morning didn't help.) When you go to a nice resort in a place like Napa, you expect to be able to relax. Mornings were anything but.

Another problem is that the room was tiny. Because it is basically an extra bedroom to the adjacent large suite, there's not much room for anything. There were no valet stands for the luggage, the chairs are small and uncomfortable, and there's little table/counter/desk space. I don't need a big room, but fitting two people for several days into a space that probably isn't even 250 sq feet is a pain. If i was a solo traveler, this wouldn't have been as much of a problem.

The negatives may seem nit-picky, and this could easily have been a 4 star review, but ultimately the most important factor for me in a lodging option is the quality of sleep. I'm sure if we had one of the larger suites (presumably with a room farther from all the foot traffic), it might have been quieter. And if we had fewer neighbors while we stayed there, it probably would have been fine. But, as a heavy sleeper, it takes a lot to disturb me, and I was definitely disturbed while staying at the Silverado.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are very, very noisy in the mornings due to the thin walls and foot traffic from...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It was nice to hear that you did indeed enjoy the grounds and the service that was provided to you.

We were, of course, disappointed when hearing you did not have a good night's sleep. I can understand your frustration as we all know how important sleep is. We will look into the room you stayed in to see what we might be able to do with the pillow situation so we can provide all guests the quality sleep they deserve.

The room you described is one of our resort guest rooms which is the smallest of the room selections here at the resort. The next time you are here we invite you to check out our Junior or One-Bedroom suites which provide more spacious accomodations.

Thanks again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I read alot of reviews before I booked this hotel. Time someone tells the whole story.

First I want to say the staff did there best, and I have no problem with the customer service they tried to provide.

The web pics look pretty of the Main House and Golf club. But that is where it ends.

You check in at the Main house, then they tell you to follow them while they drive a 15 passenger van to your room. Yeah, it is that far away. You pull up to essentially old condos that looks like military housing. They have attempted to keep them up, but they look very old.

There are NO 1 bedrooms in this place. There are also NO 1 bedroom suites. Everything here is a 2 bedroom suite. Now to make a 1 bdr or 1 bdr suite, they shut and lock a door to the second bedroom. I felt like I was staying at my aunt edna's, don't even think of making any body function noises, or being intimate, you will be heard by your neighbor. The rooms are on par with a Super 8 hotel. They have updated a few things to make them seem nicer, but this is still 2 star. I am not even going to get into the ants that were coming out of the wall socket, which made us move rooms.

This hotel is also a LONG way from NAPA, it is close to many wineries and if you felt like hanging out here, that would probably be ok, but way to far to go into town and drive back yourself if you are wine tasting.

You will not park near your room, unless that is you rent a 2 bdr suite, otherwise you car go off to a parking lot.

Overall this looks like it was some kind of weird 70's timeshare place, that now has struggle to turn into a resort. It doesn't work. I didn't golf there, I went somewhere else, but I did see the course and it look "OK", but not worth the price. I was able to book some great tee rates online at a pretty nice course for less than 1/2.

I write this so hopefully someone else will not be in my position. I booked two nights online, not cancelable, but I didn't care, I left the next morning even though the second night was paid, and went and stayed at a nice name brand in NAPA.

There will be some people more on a budget, that might be ok here. If you prefer to take your cooler to the pool with drinks and food, have a bunch of kids, or don't expect "resort" quality, you may be just fine. But don't read the reviews I did and book thinking you are getting Westin, you are not even close.

Room Tip: Get a 1 or 2 bdr suite, or you will have a tiny suite, even with a 1 bar be prepared to have someone...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LegendaryNapa, Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay. We were of course disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your room while staying with us. We would like to address some things in your review that you mentioned...

We do in fact have one-bedroom suites that are not connected to any other rooms. You can find those suites throughout property with the exception of the area it sounds like you stayed in. I can understand how you felt it was far away from the rest of the rooms as it is about a mile and a half away from where you check in. With that said, the rooms located across the golf course are more spacious and most provide beautiful golf course views that you won't get with some of the units located near the main facilities.

The Resort is located 10 minutes from Downtown Napa, and while you may feel like that is a long way away we certainly feel as though we are in a great spot. Quiet, close to hundreds of wineries and the setting is unlike any other you will find if you were located in the town of Napa.

I was concerned to hear that you mentioned there were people with "coolers" at the pool as that is something that is prohibited at our Main Pool area. We will make sure we definitely look into that and we appreciate you briniging that to our attention.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!