“Tac is the Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 216 Activities in Napa
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Greetings from Wine Country! My name is Tac Fair, owner of Napa Tours and Chauffeur. Whether you are new to Wine Country or an experienced collector, your input will be the catalyst for a well researched and unique itinerary. All of my tours are private and itineraries are custom designed to meet the specific tastes of each client. Unlike most services, I am your sole point of contact throughout the booking and itinerary creation process as well as the one behind the wheel while we are touring and if desired, providing informative and entertaining commentary. If by chance I am already committed on your desired date, I do have the ability to work with you to create the perfect itinerary, and then arrange for a colleague to be your host for the day. Please read the reviews below, then take a moment to visit my website and submit a Tour Request. Rest assured that I will exceed your expectations as I have done for so many others over the years. Cheers!
Austin, Texas
“Tac is the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We just returned from our first trip to Napa. We had an amazing time touring with Tac! Tac planned our itinerary for three very different, very special days. He arranged tours, tastings and pairings at unique vineyards and lunch reservations at wonderful local restaurants. He is so knowledgeable about the area and wine and food that everyday was educational and fun. He truly loves his work and it shows in every aspect of the way he cares for his clients. He also offered wonderful suggestions for our days "off" (without Tac). Our Napa vacation was truly the best -
thank you,Tac, for making it so special!

Visited April 2013
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello tehmlovesnapa,
Thank you for your kind review. I am so pleased to have been able to arrange three days of touring in Napa Valley for you, and I am equally as pleased I was able to offer suggestions and recommendations for experiences and dining to enjoy on the others days you were in Wine Country. I pride myself as not only being a personal guide, but as a concierge as well. With over 800 wineries in Napa and Sonoma and too many restaurants, spas, shops and activities to mention, selection for those new to the area can be daunting. I am always happy to help any way I can to help make a trip as perfect as possible. Until next time,
Cheers!

MI
“Tac does it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Tac had nothing but amazing reviews on Trip Advisor, which is why I booked him in the first place. He was great to talk to on the phone, and had some amazing suggestions during the planning process. This review may be a little different than most however, because Tac did not actually spend the day with us in Napa. Due to a miscommunication he ended up booking someone else the same day as we were going to be there. As soon as we realized what had happened, Tac jumped right in to find a solution. He ended up working extensively with me to plan an itinerary that would please 6 VERY different people. He then set us up with a fantastic colleague who also has a tour service to be our driver for the day. We had an awesome time! Each winery he suggested was spot on, and the flow of the day was fantastic. The guide who we did spend the day with was great as well. Even though we didn't end up seeing Tac in Napa, he still treated us like VIP's, and made every effort to ensure the day was a resounding success. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone traveling to Napa! You won't be disappointed!

Hello Kristalina_F,
Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad things work out perfectly for your trip. Even though I was not fortunate enough to be behind the wheel for your tour, I knew I could arrange a day exactly suited to your group. You provided me with excellent details about your tastes and expectations and after getting to know you a little over the phone, I was able to create an itinerary that resonated with you and your friends. I look forward to spending the day with you when you return on your next visit!
Houston, TX
“Tac gives a one-of-a-kind tour of the valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just got back from a trip to the valley and this is the 2nd time to use Tac. He was as friendly as ever and showed us some GREAT "hidden gems" in the valley. When I booked the tour, I told him exactly what type of wines we like and that we would like for him to suggest places to go. Well, he hit the mark PERFECTLY and our day could not have been any better. We will most definitely be back and we will most definitely be booking another tour with Tac!

Hello sknight07,
Thank you for your kind review. Reviewing my detailed notes from your last visit made it possible for me to match your specific tastes with regard to not only wine, but the types of experiences and the ambiance of the properties we saw this time around. I can't wait to exceed your expectations when you return a third time!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Tac is AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I just got back from the most amazing trip to Napa, the best of which was a day spent with Tac! Tac was recommended to us by a close friend and he did not disappoint! This was our first trip to Napa and our first wine tasting experience ever, so we relied heavily on Tac's suggestions. He did a wonderful job putting together an exciting day of wine tasting based on the criteria we gave him. We had SO much fun and learned a ton! Tac is so knowledgeable about the area, wine, local restaurants and so much more. We felt so comfortable with him as our guide and completely trusted him with our special day in Napa. In addition to planning our day and driving us around, Tac also spent a great deal of time with me before we even got to CA. He helped answer all of my silly "first timer" questions…what to wear, how to pack, wine tasting protocol, Napa do's and don'ts, buying/shipping wine, best places to eat, etc! Tac is a gem and you better believe that when we decide to head back he'll be the first one I call!

Hello lindseylusbulldogs,
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad I could help make your trip to Wine Country unique and memorable. Now that I have you “hooked” I look forward to seeing you on your next Napa adventure!
Charlotte, NC
3 attraction reviews
“Wine atour Par Excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We recently used Napa Tours and Chauffeur, owned by Tracy "Tac" Fair, for the second time and had another superb experience. This time we toured with five friends after telling them about Tac's exceptional service. We were treated to a lovely picnic by a private lake, surrounded by vineyards, followed by a tour of a small boutique winery. We were personally escorted by the owner. For us, no trip to Napa would be complete without spending at least an afternoon planned and escorted by Tac! Thanks, Tac, for such a memorable day!

Visited March 2013
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Hello tomstrophy, thank you for your kind review. I love when my regulars return with friends! I am so happy the day I arranged for you was so satisfying for the group. After reviewing my notes from your last trip and considering the input you provided about your guests, I thought this might be the perfect day, and it sounds like it was! I look forward to seeing you on your next trip, cheers!