“The Nooks and Crannies of Old Napa” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 217 Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway Napa's a unique fun way to glide through the history and vineyards of Napa Valley. Our family member tour glides have a passion for the history and land in this beautiful wine country. We have a tour that will suit you - Beyond Wine (Napa History), Yountville (taste wine and glide by a vineyard), or Napa Wetlands (River Trail). We also rent segways by the hour. Reasonable rates - check our website for special pricing and tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Shanghai
“The Nooks and Crannies of Old Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

The Napa Segway tour was an amazing experience for me! I had been to Napa often, yet I didn't know the unique historical value of the town, or how beautiful the river and old Napa are.

The Segway tour is great fun, especially for families. The segways are easy to maneuver and move well, the pleasant and sunny Napa weather makes the outdoor tour even better. Walking (or I should say rolling) through the old neighborhoods and small city centers makes the history feel more real and fascinating. Our tour guide was particularly interesting and candid; my family and I meshed well with her and enjoyed her insight and congeniality. The friendly people on the street or inside the restaurants wave and smile as they see a pack of people on motorized segways roll by.

I highly recommend the tour for this experience that you will not get elsewhere. I learned more about Napa in my short time segway-ing than any other time I had been to Napa. This tour will take you places that you normally wouldn't have thought of going -- places like the back of a creek where wild knots berries grow, or on the boardwalk of a restaurant on the river. The tour is safe and exciting for people of all ages; my ten-year old cousin and my 70-something year old grandfather were both able to maneuver the crafts skillfully. This is an experience I will never forget; 10 out of 10!

napa
“Napa, more then just wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

I went on the downtown Napa tour by Segway Napa. It was a lot of fun. First, no matter where you are, I think everyone would have a blast on segways. Just be prepared to a rocky start and finish (as in the Segway rocking back and forth when the inexperienced mount and dismount) and for your feet to tingle. Once you get over those things these cool little gyroscopes are so cool and easy to navigate.
By the time we reached downtown I was already fascinated and having fun, so the surprising history of this litle city was just gravy. I won't give away the secrets, but they let's just say there is alot more then just wine to Napa Valley.

Orange County, CA
“Best outdoor activity in Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

I never knew that riding a Segway could be so much fun! You will be amazed at how easy these personal motorized vehicles are to maneuver and at how fast they can go. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. As a native Napan, I was shocked at how much history Napa had to offer that I never knew about. Whether you're currently living in Napa, visiting the wine country with your family or on a fun packed weekend with friends, a Segway tour should definitely find a place in your schedule.