“A little disappointed the second time around” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 217 Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway Napa's a unique fun way to glide through the history and vineyards of Napa Valley. Our family member tour glides have a passion for the history and land in this beautiful wine country. We have a tour that will suit you - Beyond Wine (Napa History), Yountville (taste wine and glide by a vineyard), or Napa Wetlands (River Trail). We also rent segways by the hour. Reasonable rates - check our website for special pricing and tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Calgary, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“A little disappointed the second time around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is my second review of Napa Segway, having written one two years ago after the Yountville tour that was just awesome. I'm sorry to say our current experience left my whole family feeling a little disappointed. We booked the Calistoga tour for something different but it took us so long to get there, we were about 20 minutes late. Our fault yes but we don't know the area and thankfully there was no one else on the tour. Gayle's niece was our guide and things started out a bit strange as we stopped at the first place and she didn't seem to know much about it. This continued for most of the tour, with the guide stumbling through her description of whatever it was we were looking at. She seemed completely unenthusiastic and bored which made it uncomfortable for us.

We stopped at a vineyard that was extremely busy and our guide handed us some wine but they had nothing for our daughter to drink. Last time we had cheese and crackers but there was nothing on this tour. We were quite bored at the vineyard so I asked to get going. We took the long and somewhat boring road to the geyser and were able to catch it going off but weren't that close to it to really experience it. Not what I expected at all.

On the way back we had asked to stop at the candy store in the old train station and it was nice of the guide to stop. This turned out to be the best part of the tour, eating our Popsicles and riding back.

We really wanted to enjoy another tour and it's with some reluctance that I write about this experience as I really Iiked the owner but the inconsistencies in service and experience is questionable. I hope that the company can use this review to improve some things because based on how we felt after, we won't be returning.

Visited August 2012
SegwayNapa, Owner at Segway Napa, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Wow, I am so very sorry to read this review. I wish you had contacted me directly to let me know it didn't go well so I'd have a chance to make things right. The winery you went to has been a favorite for so many- I'm sorry that experience was also not up to par. BTW- The Calistoga tour does not include cheese. The Yountville tour you went on before is called Wine * Cheese tour. The geyser, yes, does not even compare to Yellowstone, and there is no other way to get there than by going on the long road- but most people enjoy seeing it.
If you change your mind and give us another chance, I will personally do your tour.
Cheers!
Gale

3 attraction reviews
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Napa area and we were looking for a Segway tour as we try and Segway wherever we visit.
We were lucky enough to find Gayle as she provided us with a wonderful tour of Yountville as well as a wine tasting with some wonderful cheese. We have been on many Segway tours and we would rate Gayle and her tour right up there as one of the best. If you are looking for something different and fun take a Segway tour with Gayle.

27 attraction reviews
“A great way to see all of Napa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

My son and I just returned from a tour of Napa. Our guide was Gale and she was very good. She brought the segways to our hotel and, after a couple minutes of practice, we were off and running. She gave us a great tour of Napa. We saw the downtown area, the river, and many neighborhoods with the huge Victorian houses. All along the way, she gave us interesting tidbits of history and information. She is quite knowledgeable about the city.

If you've never been on a Segway, they are very easy to ride and can go so many places. It's a great way to take a "walking" tour, but cover a much bigger area. Besides, what's not to love about a Segway! It should be at the top of your list in Napa.

Napa, California
“Another Amazing Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My second Segway tour and it was just as wonderful as the first! This time it was a group of girlfriends and we took a tour at dusk and watched the sun set. Gale as always was wonderful. She has wonderful customer service skills! It's easy to do and Gale makes sure you are comfortable and ready to go. She has great stories and information to share as you travel. It's a MUST do!!

Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“The perfect way to see Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Traveling to Napa with my sister and best friend, we spent the afternoon on Segways. I have done the Segway tour in La Jolla and thought it was great, so decided that this is a great way to see an area from a different prospective. Highlights included a stop for photos at "The French Laundry," a visit to a local, but unusual cemetary, a winery tour, and great photo opps along the way. Usually Napa is a place where people go again and again......you must do it on a Segway.

Visited February 2012