“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 24 Napa B&B and Inns
Scottsdale, AZ
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed over stay at the Stahlecker House. Beautiful surroundings, comfortable room and fantastic breakfasts. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
warsaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

Needed to stay one week in Napa and wanted to enjoy a nice B&B and the Stahlecker's worked with me on a discount. Who would have thought they won one of the best breakfasts at a B&B in that part of the U.S......my wife and I, after eating the breakfasts. This is with me having a gourmet chef for a wife. Every afternoon we had fresh cookies, coffee, soda, coffee and lemonade made by Maria. Sorbet most mornings was a treat. We were even furnished bottled water for our day trips by Ron and Ethel. You can always stay at home with the beautiful landscaping and the Redwoods in their yard and even a gingkgo tree. With their 25 years in Napa they were the perfect tour guides for what each guest, including ourselves, wanted to do. The mud baths in Calistoga and their discount coupons saved us so much, even on the wine testings. When we go back we will stay with the Stahlecker's. It's interesting hearing stories about Ethel and Jay Leno due to Ron's expertise in classic cars. Interesting home, interesting people, interesting trip and worth it without a discount.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

The Stahleckers provided a cozy cottage setting for the first Valentine's Day for my sweetheart & I. They helped direct the dozen roses Sweetie had sent and placed them within view upon stepping in. The place is clean, quiet and superbly run: Mrs. Stahlecker served her famous "Drunken Grapefruit" (soaked in Jack Daniels, baked and topped with sugar) for breakfast to demonstrate that "wine isn't all we have in Napa!" They helped us with restaurant and local site recommendations and made sure we were comfortable in every way. They even called me to tell me I had left my glasses behind! So thoughtful! This was my second trip and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Pollock Pines, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

I wanted to take my Mom to Napa to ride the wine train and stay in a B & B for the night. Kind of a special mother/daughter getaway. The Stahlecker house was the perfect choice. Sweet, comfortable room, delightful bathroom, very nice ambiance in the sitting rooms and dining room and an amazing breakfast we won't soon forget. This precious Inn is a great value, it's quiet and clean, and went above our expectations. The wine train was a wonderful treat and the whole week-end was just a great time for both of us.

• Liked — We loved the comfy room and the great breakfast.
  • Disliked — I have absolutely no complaints.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

My husband I stayed 3 nights at Stahlecker House. We enjoyed it immensely.

The property is beautiful and ideally located just minutes of the main highway.

The breakfasts were a real treat every morning.

The room was cozy and clean and we could park 10 feet from our door which is convenient.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Quaintness and location
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

Great location for getting to everything Napa. Clean, very quiet (I like that), and yet not far from Rt29 and heading north into the Valley. An excellent full breakfast served each morning where you are able to meet the owner and trade stories and get advise. They also provide free tasting coupons to several of the wineries.

Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

My daughter and I enjoyed our night at Stahlecker House. The room was cozy, comfortable, and well appointed. The atmosphere is warm and hospitable. Information on amenities available was very comprehendable and easy to maneuver in the house. We would stay again if we are back in Napa.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Stahlecker House? Share your experiences!