“Incredible Experience - looking down on the Napa wine tapestry” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 217 Activities in Napa
Type: Tours, Adventure
Activities: Hot-air ballooning, Group tours/air tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Get Carried Away! Balloons Above The Valley has been voted Best Balloon Ride in Napa Valley 17 years in a row. Dance with the wind above Napa Valley in a colorful hot air balloon. Celebrate your celestial adventure with a festive champagne brunch where you can reminisce about your journey in a serene wine country setting. May The Winds Welcome You Softly
San Jose
“Incredible Experience - looking down on the Napa wine tapestry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

From the moment we arrived (at 6:45am), the day was so well organized by Balloons Above the Valley. From arrival and checkin, to the Champagne breakfast everything was just right. Our pilot Bob took us up over the Napa wineries, then over the center of Napa, and we finally touched down alongside the Wine Train. This is not a normal landing location, but Bob handled the slight detour, without any problems. He even managed to throw in a quick "grind" on the rail track - show that to the average Skateboarder!

The peace and quiet above the valley, on a Sunday morning as the world awakens is something to really appreciate - early October the vines are starting to change colour, and the landscape is a patchwork of green, oranges and browns.

This was a weekend away, for just the two of us and my wife and I will remember this trip for a long time - and Balloons Above the Valley did a great job of making this memorable.

Visited October 2011

Antioch, California
“AWESOME! There were 8 of us senior women between 64 and 75. They gladly helped us into the basket.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This trip could not have been better. Jayson was our pilot and he deserves an A++. There were 8 of us senior women. We all needed help getting into the basket. All of the crew was wonderful and very knowledgeable. We can't wait to do it again. The brunch was wonderful too. Our basket held 12 people. Nothing could have made the experience any better. Thanks for the memories.

15 attraction reviews
“PHENOMENAL EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband & I booked our very first Hot Air Balloon Ride with Balloons Above the Valley online. They were very efficient and organized, and always followed up with emails and phonecalls to ensure we were going to be there, arrive on time, and have our details. I suggest you dress in layers as i started the day off really cold and ended up in a tshirt. Dress comfortable. The tour was safe, peaceful, informative and surreal. We went up with sun up and it was just stunning. Took a ton of pictures and video. A MUST DO! it can be a little intimidating at first but once you are up there its truly phenomenal. The Champagne Breakfast following the flight was perfect! WE LOVED IT.

Naperville, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
“Over napa but hardly moved!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011 via mobile

I guess we were very lucky, we did get the chance to fly over napa, unfortunately we only moved slightly from the launch site!!!!

Firstly this was a once in a lifetime experience, something I am glad I did but nothing I will repeat again.

There was 3 balloons which hold 24 people each, out meeting point was the general store in napa where we were all cramed into a thin, narrow hallway before the flight for coffee and muffins.

We were then all transported in 6 minibuses to the launch site a short drive away. Our balloon pilot was jeyson. All three balloons set off at the same time, the other two seemed to have moved a fair distance, but we just floated about the launch site, crossed the highway and then came back to the original launch site. This I found was so disappointing, I totally understand we are at the murcy of the wind but why did the other two balloons manage to travel a fair distance?????

We were in the air for 58 minutes, the first of the 3 balloons to land, landing I have to say was very gentle.

Brunch was served back at the napa general store on the patio. Which was a nice selection of hot and cold food: bagels, scones, fruit, bacon, cake, scrambled eggs, pasta served with mimosas, teas , coffee or hot chocolate.

When you got back to your table there was a list of additional items you could buy photos, glasses, t shirts etc.....

All in all I am glad I did this experience, but I did come away disappointed, would I recommend to a friend? That would depend on whether they just wanted to experience a hot air balloon or if it was to see the napa valley from the air.

San Jose, California, United States
“Absolutely Mesmermizing Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

This was our 10-year anniversary gift to ourselves and I must that it was definitely worth every penny! Our pilot, Jay, was extremely funny and yet very professional throughout the whole trip. His experience was very reassuring that we were going to be okay and that we were going to have FUN! I can only write so much about my experience, but I hope that by looking at my photo you'll understand how mesmerizing it was. :-)