“Great hotel, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 25 hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Great hotel, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is beautiful, the service is even better. Matthew (valet) greeted me when I arrived and actually wanted to know how my drive was. Johnny at the front desk was warm, welcoming and a fountain of information about the property and Napa. It didn't end there. Every employee I spoke with during my stay seemed to genuinely care about helping me with whatever it was I needed at the moment. There's a maintenance guy I never spoke with, but he waved every time I saw him.

My room was wonderful, the bed was incredible!

Saltwater pool and spa were a treat, even better since they're both open until 11 pm.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

749 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Upon arriving, Sean, our valet, gave us excellent tips on local wines. The hotel was beautiful, very accommodating and even upgraded us for free because it was our anniversary. Britney and Alana were the best, super cool, crazy helpful, and overall had our best interests in mind. You don't often meet hotel staff that are this genuine. Stay here because you will be looked after as if you were family.

• Stayed April 2014
Maumee, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We spent a week at the Westin Verasa in Napa, unique in that the hotel was formerly a time share. Our suite included a fully stocked, full kitchen, dining area, sitting area, separate bedroom and spacious bathroom. Other guests had suites with two beds/ two baths. The staff was helpful and friendly, knowledgeable about the area. It features a saltwater pool and two bocce ball courts. We also managed to squeeze in a croquette lawn for a fun afternoon. There's a beautiful outdoor courtyard with fountain and fire centerpiece - great for sitting and sipping during their 5:00 wine tastings. The posted $800 a night seemed a bit much, but as part of a conference group we paid a great discount rate. We'd stay here again, as it was within walking distance of great down town restaurants. The Wine Train boards across the parking lot for lunch and dinner trips, too.

Room Tip: We preferred the rooms facing the inside courts; however, friends didn't have noise problems in...
Green Features: Yes! $5 coupons or 500 points are awarded for those days you don't require room service. Recycling bins were abundant
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Pros: Dog friendly (comes with dog bed, feeding bowl and treats), free parking, 2 mins drive to downtown area, beautiful decor throughout, large heated pool and hot tub, great bed!

Cons: Staff were not that friendly and helpful (especially the check in staff), valet parking was poorly organized (very backed up and slow service), it's a very big hotel so the hallways are long and gets to feel like a maze - better/more signage would be nice.

Overall, I would stay here again but I would appreciate if the staff had a better attitude.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here while on a trip to Napa. Room was well maintained and hotel is within walking distance to downtown Napa. No fridge in our standard room. When asked about this we were told we would have to upgrade rooms. Surprised by this. Besides that very helpful staff and pleasant experience. Be aware you will have to valet your car here.

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Your restaurant staff members are phenomenal. After a long evening of driving, it was so nice to be served by Tricia for a terrific meal and good conversation. She and other restaurant staff members really made the business trip feel like home. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Gary K,

Thank you for the incredible review and I have already passed along your thoughts to our La Toque and Bank Bar and Café management team in order to recognize Tricia for a job well done. Our service is by far the most important part of our job and it’s great to hear when one of our associates is able to create such a great guest experience.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you back soon.

Be well,
Nathan Baslaw
Front Office Manager
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

As we were checking in - the man next to us was upgraded to a room in the "quiet section" of the hotel. Where we were upgraded to a king bed with a kitchen (pretty sure all rooms have a king bed and we are only staying for two nights we don't need a kitchen!). We were places in room 2008 which is directly over the valet as well as by the elevator. Our view is basically of the roof over the valet area. Also - Tim the guy who checked us in - gave us a brief description of napa - and I told him what wineries we were going to - and insisted to tell me that he didn't like the ones I had picked. I have worked as a server for many years in college and was always told to say "it's not my favorite". Very un classy. Also Tim knew we were on our honeymoon and insisted on basically putting us in hands down the worst room in the hotel. No one can argue that it's hand down the worst room in the hotel!

• Stayed April 2014
Hello Calebgallagher:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our TripAdvisor readers a bit of feedback about your recent stay here at The Westin Verasa Napa. I would also like to apologize for not only the room that you were placed in, but more than anything the lack of service that you received on your recent visit.

I have reviewed your reservation, and I have spoken to Tim, and we did see that an error must have occurred. Although you were upgraded, there was obviously a mistake assigning the room based on your preferences. I know I can’t change, or give you back the time that was already spent here, but I would love the opportunity to show you the better side of The Westin Verasa and the Napa Valley. If you find yourself traveling back to the area please feel free to contact me directly and I would be glad to ensure that you are well taken care of.

Be well,
Nathan Baslaw
Front Office Manager
nbaslaw@westinnapa.com

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!