“Great hotel overall, service needs some work!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Great hotel overall, service needs some work!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Pros: Dog friendly (comes with dog bed, feeding bowl and treats), free parking, 2 mins drive to downtown area, beautiful decor throughout, large heated pool and hot tub, great bed!

Cons: Staff were not that friendly and helpful (especially the check in staff), valet parking was poorly organized (very backed up and slow service), it's a very big hotel so the hallways are long and gets to feel like a maze - better/more signage would be nice.

Overall, I would stay here again but I would appreciate if the staff had a better attitude.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Hello Candyichiban:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a bit of feedback about your recent stay with us, and although it sounds like you had a good trip, I apologize for the lack of service you received during your visit. Guest service is our top priority and I would like to apologize that this was obviously not the case during your time here.

I will be speaking with the team to ensure that your experience is not repeated and we hope that your able to make it back up to Napa again soon. I can ensure that your next visit will be a much better experience.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while on a trip to Napa. Room was well maintained and hotel is within walking distance to downtown Napa. No fridge in our standard room. When asked about this we were told we would have to upgrade rooms. Surprised by this. Besides that very helpful staff and pleasant experience. Be aware you will have to valet your car here.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello JL1026,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and all of our TripAdvisor readers a great review about your recent stay. Also thank you for passing a long your feedback about not having a fridge in your traditional room. I wish I had a better answer, but due to the room size and set up there is unfortunately no way to put a fridge in the traditional room. We do our best to try to accommodate as many upgrades as possible but there are times when we unfortunately don’t have the capability to do so. Also thank you for the tip about our valet parking. As you stated, we are 100% valet parking in our underground garage, and there is no additional charge as it’s all included in the resort fee, but anyone that wishes to self-park does have options. The entire street in front of the hotel is non-metered and there is always parking within 100 yards of the front door.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next trip out to Napa.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Your restaurant staff members are phenomenal. After a long evening of driving, it was so nice to be served by Tricia for a terrific meal and good conversation. She and other restaurant staff members really made the business trip feel like home. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Gary K,

Thank you for the incredible review and I have already passed along your thoughts to our La Toque and Bank Bar and Café management team in order to recognize Tricia for a job well done. Our service is by far the most important part of our job and it’s great to hear when one of our associates is able to create such a great guest experience.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you back soon.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

As we were checking in - the man next to us was upgraded to a room in the "quiet section" of the hotel. Where we were upgraded to a king bed with a kitchen (pretty sure all rooms have a king bed and we are only staying for two nights we don't need a kitchen!). We were places in room 2008 which is directly over the valet as well as by the elevator. Our view is basically of the roof over the valet area. Also - Tim the guy who checked us in - gave us a brief description of napa - and I told him what wineries we were going to - and insisted to tell me that he didn't like the ones I had picked. I have worked as a server for many years in college and was always told to say "it's not my favorite". Very un classy. Also Tim knew we were on our honeymoon and insisted on basically putting us in hands down the worst room in the hotel. No one can argue that it's hand down the worst room in the hotel!

• Stayed April 2014
Hello Calebgallagher:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our TripAdvisor readers a bit of feedback about your recent stay here at The Westin Verasa Napa. I would also like to apologize for not only the room that you were placed in, but more than anything the lack of service that you received on your recent visit.

I have reviewed your reservation, and I have spoken to Tim, and we did see that an error must have occurred. Although you were upgraded, there was obviously a mistake assigning the room based on your preferences. I know I can’t change, or give you back the time that was already spent here, but I would love the opportunity to show you the better side of The Westin Verasa and the Napa Valley. If you find yourself traveling back to the area please feel free to contact me directly and I would be glad to ensure that you are well taken care of.

nbaslaw@westinnapa.com
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was extremely surprised at how accommodating the entire staff was. There was not a rude person there. It didn't seem to matter what time of day it was that if there was something my friends and I needed the staff at Westin were very responsive and helpful. There were a few people that need to be recognized unfortunately I've lost their business cards. I believe a girl by the name of Amanda, a gentleman that was working with her one Saturday morning this past week were consistently phenomenally helpful. The night before the shift manager in charge handle a rowdy group of bachelorette party people who decided that all five...to what seemed like 200 people should all smoke at once so that the smoke would come through the floors into our room. Keep in mind this is a non-smoking resort the manager handled it quickly and promptly faster than I've ever seen.

I apologize for forgetting whose names they are but hopefully a supervisor or manager reads this review and takes note of the people who I'm very confident Amanda who was handling the front desk and helped us Saturday morning or Sunday morning would be able to remember who helped us out so much!

Thank you so much to the staff at the Westin in Napa. We can't wait to stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Nick T:

Thank you for the great review and it not only sounds like you had a great trip, but when issues arose our team stepped up and handled everything efficiently and effectively. We love to hear about our outstanding associates and although we don’t have an Amanda on our team, I will figure out who was responsible for such great service and make sure they are recognized.

Lastly some of my favorite guest stories are when I hear about such a great experience, even when unplanned situations arise. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding and we hope to see you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Royce Ann, Gina, and the entire staff were more than welcoming and gracious to our large energetic group! It was a quick bachelorette weekend trip, and what better way to be welcomed in our two bedroom suite but with Champagne and chocolate that Royce Ann had prepared for the girls and I to congratulate me on my upcoming wedding. There are so many amenities to this prestigious hotel, and ended this wonderful wine filled weekend by soaking up the sun in the beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub. There's no question that I will recommend the Westin to anyone looking to spend some quality time in Napa!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Victoria M,

Thank you for the incredible review and spectacular feedback about your entire experience here at our property. I will make sure to personally thank Royce Ann and Gina for a job well done and your trip sounds like it was amazing! I know that it’s a long way to Napa from Chicago, but we hope to have you back again.

Lastly, congratulations and we wish you nothing but happiness for years to come!

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed here three nights for our 30th wedding anniversary. They had upgraded us to a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, living room and dining room and a balcony overlooking the Napa River. First, I am not sure there is a bad room in the place. It is more what you would like-to overlook the pool, to overlook the river, the wine train etc. Overlooking the river is more quiet but it is more of a walk to your room. The staff was great and every encounter with them was a pleasure. There is a pool and large Jacuzzi which we enjoyed. The fitness room has all top notch equipment. There is a guest laundry which we used and that is the only hiccup to our stay. An unknown employee put 5-6 mop heads in with our laundry (I don't think guests would have these). When our wash was done, I opened it up to find them mixed in-which did not make me happy. The other problem was the dryer, although I cleaned out the lint filter, it did not seem to want to dry our clothes. I ended taking them back to the room and spreading them out to air dry. But other than that, the food, the staff, the bed, the room-everything was wonderful. There are some things to note. 1) is that there is valet parking only but we parked on the street during the day when we didn't want to return the car and then have to get it back again. 2) it is located a very short walk away from the Oxbow Public Market so you have tons of restaurants and shopping choices. 3) it is also a short walk from downtown Napa and if we had had better weather, we would have utilized it more. 4) there are wine tastings every evening at 5 pm. This has a winery-sometimes Sonoma, sometimes Napa presenting it wines with a hor dourves to try. This is a TASTING, not a free happy hour and that was fine with us. The wineries were always open to giving us a taste of all the wines they were presenting and a small nibble of something from the Westin. We really enjoyed getting to see more wineries and try more wines. Plus you can sit and talk to other guests if you choose. Looking forward to returning someday.

Room Tip: Decide what is your main priority- view, quietness, size, etc and ask for that priority when reservi...
Green Features: Loved having the green choice-forgoing daily maid service and receiving points or monies back. Plus they still brought water and coffee as the room was not being serviced.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello FloridaBetsy,

Thank you for the great review and the detailed feedback for all of our TripAdvisor readers. This sounds like a wonderful trip and we always appreciate hearing about our guests experiences while staying on property.

On another note I apologize about the issue you had with our onsite laundry service. There shouldn’t be a reason that anything like what happened should ever occur, and I have passed along your feedback to the housekeeping team.

Thank you again for both the positive information and the feedback for improvement. They both are great to help ensure that our good service continues and the areas that need to be improved are looked at and changed as necessary.

We’ll hope to see you back again soon.

Front Office Manager

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!