“Tried to purchase Gift Certificate” 1 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sunnyvale, California
“Tried to purchase Gift Certificate”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was extremely disappointed and surprised at the extreme lack of customer service for a Westin Hotel. I thought their reputation I called to purchase a gift certificate for a family member for Christmas ~ instead of assisting me with the purchase, they gave me an email address and asked to contact the person in accounting. So, I did exactly what they asked and never received a response back. I called and asked for the person I sent the email to and again, she was out of the office and they put me through to another person who wasn't in the office and asked me to leave a message ~ again I never received a returned call ~ nothing. This isn't a Holiday Inn or Best Western, but I bet I would at least receive a return call from them. I called again and this time I asked to speak to the manager of Accounting, this time the gentlemen put me on hold and came back to say that the manager wasn't available and again, they would transfer me to voicemail. Terrible service ~ I will inform my friends and family and co-workers NEVER to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hello 1066Linda:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us and our TripAdvisor readers feedback about your recent experience in trying to purchase a gift certificate. I have personally spoken to our accounting team and sincerely apologize for the lack of follow up that you received.

I know that it doesn’t change the fact that you were so delayed getting any response, but I know that we have figured out where the delay occurred and I believe that our Director of Finance has recently replied and apologized for the delay.

If there is anything further that I may be able to assist with please feel free to contact me directly (nbaslaw@westinnapa.com) and I would be glad to assist in any way possible.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was excited to stay here since on other trips to Napa, I had ended up at other places. It lived up to the pictures. Being a Platinum SPG member with upgrades to burn, this place looked great. Arrived on Sat Nov 23, checked out on Mon Nov 25.

The valets were wonderful. We arrived very late with lots of baggage and one person on crutches. They were helpful and friendly. Check in was simple as expected. One in our room, we realized the room was missing a bathroom. Yes, they gave us the regular suite instead of the premium suite I had on my reservation. Not only was it the wrong suite but it stunk. We went to the front desk and they said they could not fix it that evening since it was the last suite available but would instead move us to a two bedroom suite the next day while we were out. This worked out wonderfully. Since this hotel is usually booked, I would advise not arriving late as we did around 10pm.

The bar off the lobby was unexciting. Went down for a drink the first night. The staff was not attentive but we only went for one so it was fine. Wine list was good but also expected in Napa.

The bar is also the spot for breakfast in the morning. Being a platinum member, I had chosen the breakfast option at check in for my amenity. Bad choice! The bar is run by an outside company and the platinum breakfast coupon were only good for the continental breakfast on the menu. You could not order any other item except the continental breakfast. Useless. Other Westins also do the same thing with the continental then up charge you for a better item but not here. The continental was listed at $16 but the omelet at $13. The omelet was great but by the time you add on coffee, we spent $20 on breakfast per person. Should have gone to try one of the many local places instead. Oxbow market is at the end of the street and would have been a better choice. Since the suites have full kitchens, grabbing stuff for the room would have also been a good option if staying longer.

The pool and hot tub are wonderful!! Sunrises are to die for and most room have great views. Both of our rooms had great porches with chairs for lounging.

I agree with the other reviewer on the wine tasting in the lobby. It was one lone vendor with a few wines and no snacks. Not much of a tasting for a Napa hotel. I had expected more.

Being California, I saw several dogs in the lobby with owners so be aware. All were leashed and well behaved.

Bathrooms were spacious, clean and well stocked.

Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Get there early so you have a choice of rooms. Get one with a balcony facing the pool or the walkin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello StLouTraveller:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review of your stay a couple weeks ago and although it doesn’t sound like it was a perfect stay, I am glad to hear that everything worked out in the end. I’d also like to apologize for the few inconveniences that you did encountered, but more than anything, thank you for being so understanding and willing to work with us.

We love both the positive feedback and the feedback for improvement. I will be reviewing our room blocking procedures with our front office team and I will also be speaking with our food and beverage team about the information you provided in regards to your various encounters.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and I know that on your next trip out to Napa we can guarantee a much more relaxing and rejuvenating experience.

Happy holidays and have a great time bringing in the new year.

Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went with my wife and my two daughters on November.
The room was nice. We had a suite and you can cook in the room.
The staff is friendly.
There are a nice pool which is heated and a big Jacuzzi.
The bar is very nice. The waiter was perfect and helpful.
The main restaurant ( La toque) is good and It has one star in the Michelin book.
It is a good place to stay because it is close from the wineries in Napa and Somona.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Indiannaj01:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our TripAdvisor readers a bit of detail about your recent stay here at The Westin Verasa Napa. It sounds like a good family trip and I think you chose the right place to stay.

Although there are many hotels and resorts in the Napa Valley, we are most likely one of the best at accommodating more than the standard couple coming to the wine country. With the ability to have various different options with a 1 bedroom suite and even the ability to stay in one of our 2 bedroom suites, you can almost always find something that will work for your desired travel.

Paris is a very long trip but if you find yourself back in the Napa area we’ll hope you can come back and visit us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I are Starwood members and stayed here the end of October and first of November. This was our first visit to the Napa area. We stayed four nights and were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. We loved that! The suite was beautiful. We even had a patio that looked out over the river walk area behind the hotel. We couldn't have been treated better! Everyone we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The bellman was so nice. He gave us a number of coupons for wine tasting freebies and discounts. The entire facility was beautiful and spotless. As always, their heavenly beds were indeed heavenly! The bathroom large and supplied with luxurious towels. We also love their bathrobes. The Verasa has a great location. Just a quick walk to the Oxbow Market. That was an absolutely amazing place requiring a review of its own! It was an easy walk to downtown Napa as well. Which was quite charming and full of delightful stores, boutiques, and restaurants. The hotel provides shuttles for those interested. We absolutely fell in love with the area. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room overlooking the river walk area. It was quiet and we could also go out that way...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Jannerme:

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with us and our TripAdvisor readers. It’s so great to hear about special guest experiences and yours sounds about as good as it can get.

I think you hit all the best parts of our resort with the only other amenity I might mention would be our Michelin starred restaurant La Toque. If you weren’t able to try it on this trip you’ll have to make it happen on the next one.

Have a great holidays and a happy new year!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a night this past weekend at the Westin Verasa in the town of Napa. We live only an hour away, and as Starwood members, this was an easy and affordable option. Normally when we go to wine country, I like to stay in more intimate, B&B-type accommodations, so when my husband booked this, I was a bit reluctant.

But what a treat it was. We stayed on a Sunday night right before Thanksgiving, so the hotel – and wine country in general – was quiet. It was a wonderful romantic getaway for the two of us, but with a pool, hot tub, bocce ball court, it would also be fun with the kids. Oh, and it’s pet friendly, so four-legged guests are more than welcome.

From the minute we arrived, staff was friendly and attentive. They have “free” valet parking (it’s included in the $20 resort fee), so your car’s parked safely underground and there’s no need to walk and back and forth from a parking lot. We even got upgraded to a one-bedroom suite that featured all the amenities, contemporary design, and comfy sleeping arrangements we’ve come to expect from Starwood properties. Our suite, with full kitchen and large dining table, would be perfect for families.

While the hotel’s exterior design seems more suited to Tahoe ski country and it may lack the charm of smaller wine country inns, the convenient location of this hotel is hard to beat. They’ve got a shuttle to downtown Napa (also part of the resort fee) for easy access to a great selection of restaurants, shops, and wine tasting rooms. It’s also a quick walk down the road to “foodie heaven” Oxbow Public Market, chef Todd Humphries’ Kitchen Door featuring an eclectic menu of seasonal comfort foods, and a couple of quick-eat restaurants like Gott’s Roadside, which is basically a diner for hipsters with yummy milk shakes. For dinner, we eschewed the typical wine-country French fare this time around for a tasty and inexpensive Thai meal at the Mini Mango, run by two Bangkok natives.

The hotel concierge is helpful for planning wine-tasting visits (the Silverado Trail is just up the road), as well as non-alcoholic pursuits like hiking, kayaking, biking, and ballooning. Since we live nearby and have already been to a lot of the vineyards in the area, we took advantage of the hotel’s detailed trail list and went on an invigorating five-mile hike at nearby Skyline Wilderness Park before heading back to the Bay Area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello KarenBakar:

Thank you for the great review which is packed with excellent suggestions for all our future guests and TripAdvisor readers. The two points that really stand out from your review are the Skyline Wilderness and Mini Mango. Each of these are little hidden gems here in Napa and both should be experienced as much as possible.

Your trip sounds great and a perfect description for those that come to Napa with ideas of doing activities other than wine tasting. We’ll hope to see you back soon for another wine country getaway here at The Westin Verasa Napa.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have been to Napa Valley many times but never got an opportunity to stay over. So when my wife and I decided to spend more times during our current visit, our close friend recommended this hotel. It was all what we expected from a Starwood Hotel and Resort. From the moment, we had our car valet to entering the lobby. The hotel staffs greeted us with a smile and courtesy. Our experience checking in was also wonderful, the front desk lady took care of us well and was extremely helpful in introducing the hotel’s layout and events to us. On top of that she also recommended many nice restaurants and provided many useful information for our holiday. The room we had was very clean, spacious and comfortable. We were glad that a mini kitchen was included in the room enabling us to enjoy some in room dining. Overall the room experience made me felt like I very homey although I just flew in from Indonesia. My wife and I wanted and quiet and relaxed vacation, where we can spend time together reading our books and enjoy each other’s accompany. The Westin managed to meet our expectation in all level. Planning out next trip back asap!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Harianto S:

Thank you for the great review and for sharing your wonderful experience with us and our TripAdvisor readers. Your trip sounds incredibly relaxing and it’s great to hear that we were able to afford you and your wife such a great experience.

Indonesia is a very long trip but we can’t wait to have you back on your next trip to visit us here in Napa.

Have a happy holidays and a great new year.

washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in California wine country. The propery was great. We stayed in a spacious 2 bedroom suite. When we checkrf in, the front desk gave us a choice of rooms and told us the pros and cons of each room. The location is great and allows you to walk to dinner and the town of Napa. The restaurant in the hotel is one of the best in the area and worth a try. I will stay there again when I return to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DCLregular:

Thank you for the glowing review and we love to hear the great feedback. The 2 bedroom suites are a great way to enjoy our property and I know DC is a long trip but we’ll hope to see you back again sooner than later.

Happy holidays and enjoy your new years!

Front Office Manager

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!