I am not going to lie, we chose this hotel based on it's proximity to the Wine Train Station ... and the fact that Mr. Loafer is a seasoned customer of the group. So the main purpose was to bob and weave safely across the road after having spent an evening "oiling our own wheels" on 'ole smokey.
Do not be afraid : the train station is hardly of the Kings Cross/ Grand Central variety. In fact I don't think I heard a train related noise during our few days stay, except for the one we were booked on of course. The hotel location does benefit from the pleasant side effect of the hotel frontage feeling very open and airy, as a result of having such a low rise neighbour.
The hotel has on site valet parking, boy do those chaps earn their wages. If only they got stair miles for every trip to the garage. A more lovely bunch of guys you could not hope to meet - outstanding ambassadors for this hotel. Lovely check in, smooth. As we arrived later in the
day we had a meal in the bar/restaurant, the bar guys are so laid back as to be almost horizontal! The quality of the food was outstanding - hit just the right spot after a schlep by air from London, was fast-ish but fresh and oh so delicious. Big shout out to the kitchen! The cleaning staff I never saw but they worked their magic somehow. The staff who meet you going about their business always acknowledge your presence - very professional.
Great room and bath. Modern and well kept. Kitchen well enough equipped we could have done some self catering : plenty of great local artisan suppliers just up the street in Oxbow Market - but the purpose of our visit was wining and dining.
Very busy at the weekend. The staff remained smiling and helpful despite some extra demanding patrons.
We used cabs to travel to Yountville from here at a cost of around thirty bucks. It's pretty quick to travel around from this area. The town is a short stroll away - and quite characterful - check out the historic homes if you've time to while away. I wish the historic society would have a word with the people who own the 1930's store building about the definition of "in keeping with" although the staff in the liquor store incredibly helpful. A neglected town gem I feel.
A great visit, a home from home, with cleaning angels thrown in, what's not to love. Great job - keep up the good work guys. Extra snaps for the valets and bell staff !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Verasa Napa is located downtown near the heart of Wine Country. Just steps from the famous Wine Train, our hotel has 5-star dining and 3,200+ sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Verasa Napa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Verasa, Napa Hotel Napa
- Westin Hotel Verasa
- Westin Hotel Napa
- The Westin Verasa Napa Napa Valley, CA