“Nice, large rooms for Napa stay” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Nice, large rooms for Napa stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed with another couple in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath "upgraded" suite, facing the river. The 2 bedroom unit has plenty of room, and a nice terrace. The rooms are are clean and quiet. Excellent beds. Our unit had a fairly long walk from the elevator and lobby.

Staff is friendly. We had one problem with the bill, which took some time to resolve, but eventually it was correctly handled.

Easy walk to the Oxbow Market - excellent breakfast items at Model Bakery. Bit of a longer walk to downtown Napa, though it's only 10-15 minutes. Unfortunately, we had cold and somewhat wet weather the second weekend in Dec. Even so, we walked to dinner both nights, and enjoyed not having to get into a car to go out at night.

I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room facing the river was nice and quiet.
Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I would like to thank you and this is great feedback for all of our TripAdvisor readers. I think your suggestion of 2 couples in a 2 bedroom suite is a great option for people traveling together and your area suggestions and walk times are perfect.

We’ll look forward to your next visit and have a great new year.

Service Express Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The location is perfect, next to Napa Train, and the town's many bars and restaurants. Short ride to the wineries, a great spot to make a base when coming for a few days of wine tasting. They have almost nightly cocktails and small winery tastings, and the pool/outdoor areas are great. Getting to Napa River for a walk is a challenge, but once you figure out the shortcuts, not too bad.

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the river for better views and privacy.
Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review and feedback for all of our TripAdvior readers. On your next trip please feel free to stop by the desk and we have a few great options for scenic walks directly from the hotel. The river walk is a great option but for a bit longer stroll the Oxbow Preserve is under a .5 mile away.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at the Westin, despite the crappy weather that unfortunately came with our trip. The hotel more than made up for it. Our room was oversized with the kitchen in case we wanted to cook, but who had time with all the wine tasting? I loved the decor, and did I mention the bed? Heavenly is right! We ate in the restaurant several times and enjoyed each meal. The burger I had the first night at the bar was outstanding! Every evening there is a complimentary wine tasting, very nice. All of the people went out of their way to be helpful, whether giving directions, lending an umbrella, or giving a lift to a restaurant nearby. Speaking of restaurants, there are many excellent restaurants within walking distance. (I just didn't want to walk in the cold rain.). I strongly recommend the Westin Verasa!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for the perfect review and I’m glad to hear that the extreme amount of rain during your visit didn’t spoil all the fun that you had. I will be passing along your thoughts to the my Service Express team and also our entire food and beverage team. We love the great feedback and we’ll hope to see you again soon.

Next time we’ll make sure to keep the rain elsewhere.

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my first stay at a Westin and I doubt it'll be my last. The hotel was lovely. We were only in Napa one night, but I would've liked to be able to enjoy it longer. The room was very tastefully decorated, understated elegance is the phrase that comes to mind. Their "heavenly beds" are appropriately named, and super comfortable. The bathroom was especially luxurious. I liked the double shower heads in the shower. The valet (I'm trying to remember his name. Dustin, maybe?) was very polite and helpful when we arrived. And then when we got to the room I discovered I'd left my phone charger in the car, and he went back out and got it for me. One minor complaint, they have a $20 resort fee that covers the valet parking, internet, and some other things. Fairly common at high end hotels, but still a little annoying.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the honest and detailed feedback and I will pass along your thoughts to our valet and entire Service Express team. We always appreciate the positive feedback and the feedback for improvement. While I do fully understand the frustration with the additional amenity fee, we try to make it a low, reasonable cost, that combines a grouping of charges that at many properties exceeds $50 and even $60.

Thank you again and please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to ensure a great future visit.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have traveled a lot in my life and rarely am I surprised by luxury. I was amazed with the Westin; our suite was larger than the last condo I owned. The service was superior and the wine available at the bar is one of the most impressive lists I have ever seen. The breakfast is better than most hotels with quick service. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this amazing review and I am glad that we were able to exceed all you expectations. I will be passing along your thoughts to our entire team and we’ll hope we’re able to see you again on your next visit to our beautiful Napa Valley!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The prices for offseason were incredible. A two bedroom suite has plenty of room for two couples. Our room was clean comfortable and quiet. The hotel is large so some of the rooms are a bit of a walk from the main lobby.

We were able to walk to the Oxbow Market and other shopping and browsing. That is a huge plus for breakfast.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review and your feedback for future travelers is great. Offseason visits in a 2 bedroom suite, with 2 couples, is a great way to visit the Legendary Napa Valley.

We’ll hope to see you back soon.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I'm an SPG member and prefer to stay at Starwood resorts when I travel. I have never had a problem using my debit card at any other Starwood hotel. However at the Westin Verasa they will authorize your card upon check in for the FULL amount of your stay PLUS 40% to cover any amenities you may use. We were staying for several days so this turned out to be an enormous amount of money that was then pulled from my account, rendered unusable for the duration of my stay. It would have been nice to know about this crazy policy that I've only known to exist at this particular SPG hotel BEFORE my arrival - like as a disclaimer when I went to book online during the reservation process perhaps? Had I known in advance I would have brought a credit card with me for the hotel hold. I avoid using credit cards in general so didn't bring one with me. However the nearly $2000 authorization against my debit card was ridiculous and really ate in to my vacation budget.

Room Tip: Don't use a debit card to pay for this hotel unless you want the full amount of your stay plus 4...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the providing us and our future guests this detailed feedback and I’m very sorry for the issues you encountered while staying with us. Our policy on debit cards and credit cards is the same, and is only to ensure payments can be made at the time of check out. Nothing is actually charged to the card but authorizations are made, which does hold actual money when using a debit card. The calculations of total room rate plus 40% are accurate, and depending on your room rate and the length of your stay, this amount can add up. That being said it should never be drastically more than the total cost of the stay once you factor in the taxes, the resort amenity fee and any incidentals.

Lastly I wanted to let you know that we are working on getting our authorization information added to our website and we're hoping it should be available to view just after the New Year.

I truly apologize and please let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Service Express Manager

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!