“Huge room with great view” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Conway, Arkansas
“Huge room with great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were very surprised at how large the hotel room was; excellent value for the location. We had a wonderful view of the river. Two full bathrooms and a full kitchen with dining area in addition to the sitting area and bedroom.

Room Tip: Choose a suite - they are quite large.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review and I would agree that our larger suites are where you get the best value. It sounds like you had a 1 bedroom premium suite and those are a great option for anyone that likes the idea of a 2nd bathroom. They are the most comfortable of all our rooms and are just over 800 sq feet.

I know it’s a long trip but on your next trip to Napa we’d love to have you back again.

ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

When you stay at a hotel in this pice range, that is overpriced , at least you would expect a clean room and bath. Well the staff and the service needs allot of improvement. he room large as well as the bathroom ,deluxe, but the mold growing in between the grout was appalling in the shower. The floor also didn't seem clean. I have stayed here in the past, as we are loyal travelers to hotels that we enjoy, and we will find another choice next time around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
I’m sorry for your recent experience and I can understand where your frustrations would be stem from. At any hotel, more specifically a Westin, having and clean room should not just be an expectation but a 100% guarantee and I’m sorry that we were not able to provide this. I have brought your comments to the attention of my Engineering and Housekeeping teams and they will be doing full room inspections and cleaning over the next few weeks to ensure that this type of issue is eliminated and does not happen to any future guests.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologize and thank you for the feedback. I can ensure you, if your able to come visit us again, your next trip would be a much more relaxing and rejuvenating experience.

We’ll hope to see you again in the future.

NY, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My family and a bunch of friends stayed here to celebrate my wife's birthday in Napa.

Frankly, this was a fall-back option but since it was peak season and we made our reservations late, this was the best we could do. We would have preferred to stay in Yountville or Oakville. Looking back, I am so happy we stayed at the Verasa. It was perfect for a group. The rooms are almost all suites so two couples and a single can share a two bedroom. I imagine it's a bargain off-season but it wasn't in peak season. It was okay though because we split the costs. The rooms are huge so you can gather 20 people in a room and drink wine and it totally comfortable. The suites have full kitchens.

The location is great -- easy in and easy out. Convenient access in and out of town and to other napa valley towns. Valet parking is free -- free in that it comes with the $20 a night add on that includes internet. It's within walking distance of the town of Napa. It is especially close to the Oxbow Market and Model Bakery two of Napa's finest.

They have wine tastings in the lobby pretty much every night and the bar is welcoming. The brunch came highly recommended but I didn't think it was that great. Something was missing there -- can't put my finger on it. It wasn't the bloody Mary -- that was excellent. The patio is large so there is plenty of space to chill out and drink wine which is the main reason people stay here. The pool is decent.

I would stay here again for sure if I were with a group. It only takes a few rooms to serve a group of 10 or more and you will never feel cramped. It's not quaint or quiet and peaceful but for a fun weekend with a bunch of people it's a great option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank sasserscampbell
Thank you for the great review and feedback for future travelers. I’m also glad that we could serve as a “fall-back” option and although the area north of the Napa can be a little more convenient for wine tours, I think that the Westin was perfect spot for your family and friends.

The idea of small groups coming and using 2 or 3 rooms is great and isn’t talked about enough. As you mentioned the 2 bedroom suites are large in size (1200+ sq. ft.) with all the amenities of a full 2 bedroom condo.

You also touched on our amenity fee which is a bargain when you break down what it offers and our location is perfect to experience everything the town of Napa has to offer.

Thank you again and we’ll hope to see you back again soon!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

As a gold SPG member, this hotel was not helpful at all in accommodating us for one night without refund if our plans change (not even using points). Answering a simple question of how many rooms are available to reserve a room same day, all she could say was "limited". If that was going to entice me to book now and risk losing full value, they have a warped sense of reality.

On to the next hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank egerst23
I’m very sorry for the bad experience and that you never made it to the property.

Some of the confusion sounds seems to come from the fact that your requests was for a same day and for a 1 night stay. I can see where this could happen because during our peak harvest season (August to mid November) most stays do have a 2 night minimum , especially any stay Thursday through Sunday. We also do have a 72 hour cancellation policy which makes all one night booking inside of the 3 days, fully prepaid, no changes or cancellations.

We by no means want to try to deceive any of our possible guests but we also want to make sure that they are aware of what our booking policies are to avoid any miscommunication.

Thank you for the review and I hope that you can make it to visit the property one day so that you have the opportunity to experience everything we have to offer.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

From the first moment we arrived at the Verasa I realized that the reviews with negative comments were bogus! The people who work at the hotel are terrific. They are enthusiastic, positive and helpful. We got an upgrade on our second day. Asking nicely and being patient resulted in four nights of a deluxe room. Free wine tasting every evening with snack bites topped thing off.

The hotel is located near The Oxbow Market, a conglomeration of shops and eating places that have reasonable prices. Ritual Coffee was a spe coal treat as was Hog Island Oyster House. Ce Momi has great pizza cooked in a 900 degree oven. Kara Cupcakes provided dessert. Finally, Tuesday evening is "locals" might with special discounts on food, etc.

The Verasa is great choice for wine tasters!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review and it sounds like you had a great trip. You point out the best parts of the property and it’s location which is a great asset to future travelers.

We’ll hope to have you back again soon!

Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had expected much much more from this property. A group of us chose this based on the brand and that we had stayed at the Hyatt previously along with the Weston "brand" We paid full price for the rooms.
First the hotel allows for whatever reason I have no idea the trash service to pick up at 545am everyday. The first day I was rudely awoken at 545 by the trash truck which was located directly under me ! Not nice. It is beyond me that the hotel management would allow this to happen, surely the trash can be picked up at a later time. I was by no means the only one commenting about this. ANd when talking to the front desk they knew exactly what I was talking about. That shows lack of leadership.

The room itself is well used, sofa was worn and did not appear to have been cleaned of late. The hair dryer was filthy and disgusting. When I took it to the front desk clerk she would only hold it by the cord!!!! I did get my room moved.

The general lobby is fairly attractive but noticed that the design team left out acoustics, the floors stone and every time someone moved it sent scrapping throughout the room. Noise level is really high, much too high. Sorely needs to been looked at to give a warmer feeling.

The food is actually good here with the Torque being a one star Michelin is a plus. We ate there the first night and it was wonderful. I highly recommend trying this if you don not want to go out.

The only issue was the bar service with the bartender getting mad watching the baseball playoff commenting loudly to a colleague " my booked" is going to hurt me!!! Not what one wants to hear in a Weston!!!

Location is great and I would hope that Weston gives this place a make over and some real direction as I am a great fan of the Weston brand

Room Tip: BACK SIDE ONLY Make sure you request this at check in. mention garage pickup!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Ghostrider5408
Thank you for the detailed feedback and I’m sorry for the issues that you experienced while staying with us. I would like to address your major concerns but first thank you for the review on La Toque, (Torque in the review). As you stated La Toque is the only Michelin stared restaurant in the town of Napa and is considered one of the top restaurants in the state of California.

To address your concerns I would like to cover each area individually. The first would be the loading dock area. This is an area that we are aware of and have been working with our various purveyors and services to make sure that there is minimal activity in and out of the dock area early in the day. I will touch base with our various departments to redistributed the message so that we can minimize these types of issues.

Your second concern is based on the cleanliness of the room. This is one of the most important areas of focus for our entire team and I will reemphasize the importance of the small details in each guest room are what make the difference.

Lastly was our lobby. It was constructed with the idea of wine country. The hard wood floor was designed to represent a wine barrel and therefore have a circular pattern. We have the large “riddling rack” on the wall behind the front desk that represents a tool used in the making of many Champagnes and sparkling wines. Lastly the grouped seating areas and couches next to the bar are for our guest to sit back and relax with a glass of Napa Valley wine in front of the fireplace. I can see where the idea of all the hard surfaces could create a somewhat loud environment but the lobby is typically a quieter area of the hotel.

I truly apologize for inconveniences you experienced and I will make sure that our future guests will not experience the same issues.

Denton,Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights and had a cold shower each morning and I was in their 2 bedroom suite. I told them daily about the trouble, but it never got fixed. Don't stay in room 2100. Staff ok, but maintenance just didn't care. Also the TV's didn't get all the channels, and I reported that too. Great room, great view, but when things don't work it ruins the whole experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travelagent121
Thank you for the review and feedback and I can understand where your frustrations lie. Hot water and a properly working television are hotel room basics and shouldn’t be a consistent issue.

I have advised my Engineering team of your concerns and they will be doing a full inspection of room 2100 to ensure that everything is working properly to avoid any future guest complaints.

We truly appreciate the detailed feedback and I want to ensure you that all your concerns will be addressed.

Service Express Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#1 of 6 in Yountville
5.0 of 5 stars 1,078 reviews
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
BEST WESTERN PLUS Elm House Inn

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!