“This place is awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 24 Napa B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas, United States
“This place is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed in the White House Inn and Spa during a recent trip to Napa, and I couldn't believe how amazing the staff was! With Kim (who normally runs the inn) out, Zack was left in charge. He was courteous, attentive, helpful, and very professional. You'd have thought we were the only guests in the inn (which we weren't). Zack knew a lot about the region, and was able to give helpful advice. The breakfast each day was amazing -- including homemade "muffins" that were out of this world. The evening mixer was a fun way to socialize with other guests. And the homemade cookies that awaited our return from dinner was the prefect way to cap off a great day in Napa. Thanks guys!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing week in Napa and it all started with our greeting at this Inn. Zack and Kim were so warm and gracious from the start. They offered us great suggestions for things to do in Napa and because of that we had a very memorable week. The Inn is gorgeous and very well maintained. Kim and Zack prepared a lovely breakfast for us every morning and upon our departure they even gave us some baked pastries to take with us. If we find our way back to Napa in the future this is where we will be staying.

Diana~

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House Inn & Spa, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dee D.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review for us. We certainly appreciate all of your kind words.

Zack and I enjoy what we do and whenever we can help to make one of our guest's stay a little better, well that is the bonus!

We will look forward to the day that you and Ottaviano make it back to see us!

Keep In touch!

Union City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

From the moment my partner and I entered the inn we were treated warmly by Kim and felt very welcome to make ourselves at home. The inn's evening wine tasting and appetizer pairing was a fun and social way to start off our vacation. We then enjoyed the beautiful landscape from our balcony, and made our way down to relax and have drink in the inn's jacuzzi. After getting ready in our gorgeous room, we made the 10 minute walk to sightsee in downtown Napa. Upon our late return were the most delicious freshly made cookies I've ever had. This Valentine's Day trip could not have more perfect! We'll undoubtably be back- even if it's just for one night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House Inn & Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Tara T.,

At the end of a long day ~ your review was exactly what I needed to hear!! Thank you!!!! I am so happy you enjoyed yourselves. We love to meet our guests and really do enjoy doing all that we can, to make their stay a memorable one. Thank you for sharing your comments with others.

We look forward to seeing you again ~ keep in touch!

Kim
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arrived and was greeted by Kim and Zack. We checked in and Zack showed us to our room. What an awesome room #5 which was handicap accessible. It was a lot roomier than expected and had a huge bath also handicap accessible. Around 5 pm there was a social hour with Wine tasting and hors d'oeuvre which was very enjoyable and was nice visiting with others from around the country. Napa was a nice area and there was many places to go wine tasting. Kim help us make a couple of decision on wineries to visit. What a great time we had and really appreciated Kim suggestions. Zack was kind enough to drop us off downtown Napa for dinner and come back to pick us up. When we arrive back there were homemake cookies waiting for us. Also in the rooms were bottle water and our favorite sodas. In the morning we took a walk around the grounds which was beautiful and the gazebo would of been a great place to have a wedding. My friend and myself had a wonderful weekend and would definitely return and also recommend to our friends who plan on traveling to the Napa Area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Judy E.,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Inn, Zack and myself. Our main goal is to make sure you have a comfortable, memorable experience while you are staying with us and it sounds like we accomplished that! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others, it helps let future guests know what to expect ~ thank you!!

We look forward to seeing you again, on your next visit to Napa. If you need anything before then, please to do hesitate to reach out to us.

Keep in touch!

Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had a wonderful weekend getaway with my husband , very relaxing . Kim & Zack are very friendly and helpful. They set up Wine tours gave us lots of info on other things in area to do, even drove us downtown one night to dinner. The breakfast at the Inn was delicious with lots of options such as fresh fruits, breads, eggs , bacon ect. The room was clean & inviting and the outside was also well maintained and beautiful. But most of all Kim & Zack made us feel welcome and at home which is wonderful feeling when your traveling !!!!!

Room Tip: stayed in room 10 , loved the room & from what i've heard all the rooms are just as great
Lola D.,

What a nice review ~ thank you! We work very hard to make sure each guest has an experience to remember and when we get to hear that we helped make that happen ~ well it just reminds us why we do it! Zack and I truly want to say thank you!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you get back to Napa again and look forward to seeing you at that time.

Keep in touch!

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I really wish I could give this B&B/Inn a better review and although it wasn't an awful experience, it was much less than we expected. We have traveled to Napa Valley before and stayed at other bed and breakfasts and based on other reviews for this particular place, I think we set our expectations too high.

Let me start by saying that the house is beautiful and the room we stayed in was clean and quite spacious (room #7). Kim and her son-in-law, Zack, were also very kind, helpful and accommodating during our entire stay and gave us some good tips.

What makes me give this place an average rating are the following:

A high quality B&B **must** have good food, especially a B&B located in a culinary destination such as Napa. The first evening at the "wine and cheese social" Kim was so kind to set up a table for us as their occupancy was low that night. However, the wines offered were not of quality (hard to drink after tasting good wine for most of the day) and the hors d'ouevre was a "pizza dip" which consisted of a thick layer of cream cheese, pizza sauce on top baked in the oven served with tortilla chips - not so gourmet. Breakfast our first morning was an omelet with cheese/mushrooms/peppers, side of bacon/ham, yogurt with granola and what looked like a prepackaged (?) toaster strudel. You really can't mess up bacon and eggs, but in my opinion what sets an average B&B apart from a fantastic one is the breakfast menu. The next day breakfast was a buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit and yogurt. Honestly, I would have rather gone out to eat breakfast at some of the great choices around town or just pick up some good coffee and freshly baked pastry instead of eating there. Again, it was not awful, but not what I was expecting.

Some other details that were off-putting:

As avid travelers (and business owners ourselves), we believe that details matter including the personal attire of those running the inn. Wearing windbreaker pants/sweats/sweatshirts/soccer sandals with socks/flip flops is not the best foot forward when greeting guests or for any time during a guests stay. It takes away from the whole experience. If I invite guests to my home I would never present myself in sweats and flip flops, let alone if I worked in the hospitality industry.

Some other things that bugged me but may not be important to others: The scent that was used throughout the inn - It smelled of really bad/cheap bathroom spray that was strong and overwhelming. I would suggest using a subtler scent. The common areas were not as inviting as other B&B's I've been to, I would suggest some softer lighting in the social area, maybe a little library with books, some light background music, and definitely would remove the fake orange flowers in green colored water.

Again, these are just some things that took away from our experience. Kim and Zack really did their best to take good care of us and were very kind. But the details were lacking here and unfortunately we won't be returning guests.

Valencia, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We went to Napa for a weekend wine tasting and stayed at our very first B&B. The accomodations far exceeded our expectations and the breakfast was delicious. We felt right at home! Kim is a wonderful Inn keeper and very friendly. We will definately be back again and stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim F, Inn Keeper at White House Inn & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Pamela C.,

Welcome to the B&B world! It was great to hear that your first experience exceeded your expectations - we love to hear when we do that! Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us ~ this is truly the best way to let others know about us - and we appreciate you taking your time to do so.

Valencia isn't too far away, so I hope that you get to visit us again. When you get ready to, please feel free to contact me personally and I will be happy to help you with your accommodations.

Thanks again!

Inn Keeper

Been to White House Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!