“Amazing views, relaxing atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 216 Activities in Napa
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Activities: Wine tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: William Hill Estate is renowned for crafting elegant Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot wines due to its exceptional location just off the Silverado Trail in southern Napa Valley on the rolling hills of the Silverado Bench. William Hill founded this Estate Winery in 1978, purchasing 200 acres of which 140 acres are planted to vine. Once classic in style, winemaker Ralf Holdenried has successfully transitioned our wines to a more refined and sophisticated style with fruit intensity and layers of complexity. Ralf's innovative and progressive approach to grape growing and winemaking enhances the unique style of our Napa Valley wines.
Florida
18 attraction reviews
“Amazing views, relaxing atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was the end of the day and we almost decided to skip this vineyard. I am glad we ended up going, as it turned out to be one of our favorites in Napa. The views are excellent. There are multiple shaded adirondack chairs to kick back and take in the views while being served tastings of wine. We really enjoyed the wines and ended up joining their wine club.

Visited October 2013

Raleigh,NC
63 attraction reviews
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I spent an evening here for a benefit concert and dinner and then the next day for a private tour with one of the wine experts on staff. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. The staff is 5 star all the way. Their wine is great and has different price points. Don't worry if you are visiting from out of state and live in a state that doesn't allow alcohol to be shipped. There is some sort of loophole that if you order the wine in person at the winery they can mail it directly to your home! The tour was about an hour long and was private so I can't compare it to what the general public would get. (Full disclosure, I won a trip sponsored by the winery to a VH1 benefit concert).

Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh
7 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a must if your a wine lover. You need to make reservations but it's well worth it. The wine is amazing and the view is spectacular. We had a wonderful tasting out on the patio with a very informative young woman ( wish I could remember her name).

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York, USA
“Amazing view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Gorgeous vineyard. More of a hands off experience where they just let you enjoy the view and relax while tasting delicious wines. Definitely recommended!

Visited August 2013
Chicago
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful vinyard, odd tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place was gorgeous...It was everything you would want and expect in a Napa Valley vinyard. Rolling vine covered hills with shady enclaves to sit and drink beautiful wines. The wine prices were also extremely reasonable for the area. I beleive a bottle was $15-$30 depending on the bottle.

Only downside was the tour itself. It was a self-guided I-pod tour (you walked the grounds with an I-pod giving a recorded tour) Not too much info on the science or business of the industry, but more about the property itself, which was fine, as I got the science tour at Mondavi. While I didnt like the I-pod nature of the "tour" I loved roaming the vinyard grounds freely with a glass of wine, so I am only knocking one star off of the review.

Bottom line, if you can find a better place to sit and sip a glass of wine in Napa, do it...because this was about as perfect as I could imagine....If the I-pod tour is not your cup of tea, at least do a tasting here...you won't regret it

Visited September 2013