“Good food, large portions” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Carbondale, Illinois
“Good food, large portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Based on TripAdvisor ratings we had originally planned to visit Bistro Sabor, but they were closed on Sunday, so this place was just down the street. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but they have a pleasant little patio area so we decided to eat there. My wife's test dish for Mexican restaurants is fish tacos and mine is chiles rellenos, so that's what we ordered. Both were very good. My only complaint was that one of my rellenos was a bit greasy, but that didn't matter because the amount of food was way more than we needed. Rice and refried beans were both very tasty. Prices were very reasonable for that area, especially considering the portion sizes. Because we were heading to the wineries we didn't order any drinks, so can't comment on that.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hackettstown, New Jersey, United States
“Unpretentious, excellent foot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Sunday evening in Napa. We were tired from travel (and being from the east coast) and wanted good food and no fuss. We ate outside which was beautiful and sunny. They now have a full bar (I think this was the first week they'd had one). The margaritas were excellent. I had one with agave wine instead of tequila and it was sweeter then my husbands, but great! I had the chile verde and it was a lot of food, but very, very good. I think my husband had a shrimp burrito and he was very pleased. It was nice to spend $50 for dinner and margaritas, in a nice setting right on 1st Street, without any fuss, although the restaurant was clean and attractive. It is a local establishment, not particularly geared to the Napa tourism industry.

Visited May 2013
Napa, California
“They got a liquor license”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's a liquor license on first st in Napa.. And there's no pretense. It's our go to cheap Margaritas when work ends on a Friday.

Visited April 2013
new jersey
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great and inexpensive Mexican food! We love to pop into this place for some authentic mexican food. The service is good and the prices are just right! If you're looking for a casual and inexpensive bite in downtown Napa, this is it!

Visited March 2013
“Very good no frills Mexican.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed the food here. The Albodingas soup was superb... Fajitas were good and entire meal was yummy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere