“Great food...not such a great attitude.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Temecula, CA
“Great food...not such a great attitude.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

I have to say the pizza and the garlic rolls are great! But I agree with a couple of the other reviewers that the wife/owner can sometimes be unpleasant. A large part of a good meal has to do with not only how you are treated, but by your observations of how others are treated as well. The wait staff can't be blamed because they are always pleasant. Maybe the owner will read the reviews and start to be nicer...it can only be good for the restaurant's business. Keep making your great food and SMILE!!! We want you to survive the bad economy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“No vampires here....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Vacationing in Southern California, we stumbled upon this place while pulling into the Ihop parking lot. If you're looking for ambiance, IT IS NOT HERE. It is a small crowded hole-in the wall with tacky 80's decor and maybe 8-10 tables that they rearrange like Lego blocks to fit customers as they come in. One of the owners, a short stout woman commandeered the place like a drill sergeant that would have put Seinfeld's famous "Soup Nazi" to shame. I laughed when I saw her "order" two eating customers to move their table up so she could squeeze a chair in behind them. "Problem solved", she commented to the wait staff. After requesting a table, communication was a bit sketchy as to when we would be seated so after standing at the front of the restaurant for 10 awkward minutes with no acknowledgment, we waited outside for a bit where, if you so desire, you could have your nails done next door. Gotta love strip malls. Once seated, service improved and our waitress was sweet, eager to please and was quick to answer all of our questions. Our table was slightly in front of the cash register so we got the added bonus of being entertained by the "Commander" as she further worked out staff scheduling issues, food costs and noticeably fussed over a party that was seated behind us. Not sure why they received the royal treatment as we didn't get so much as a nod. Now to the food. We ordered the house specialty of garlic rolls, Bella's special spinach pizza and a couple of their daily specials, a linguine clam dish and a penne in vodka sauce. All were good but EXTREMELY garlicy. I love garlic but there is a fine line between having enough and having a little too much so that it overpowers the other flavours in a dish. I believe they crossed that line somewhat but it was still very tasty. The pizza was good but I like to have my pizza with a slightly browned top. Bella's wasn't, which I thought gave it a slightly underdone look and texture. Hubby enjoyed his somewhat soupy clam dish and my penne was tasty as well. No room for dessert so no comment there. When the bill arrived I was a bit put off that the penne dish was on the pricey side. At $17.95, it was more than the clam dish and well above everything else on the menu yet it had nothing to justify that price, no meat other than bacon? Maybe they used a premium vodka, lol. Just seemed a tad high especially for a casual strip mall eaterie. Our bill for 2 adults and 1 child, approx. $75 plus tip but that included 3 glasses of house wine and enough leftovers for lunch today. All in all, I would recommend Bellas for a casual wholesome meal with friends. Don't propose here unless you bought the ring at Walmart.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
temecula
“would not recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I work with disabled adults and they went there to eat lunch. Two of the four adults bought food there, had to wait 1 hour and the owner was rude to them because two of the adults brought their own food. They were told to leave. I would not go to an establishment that would treat disabled people like that...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Menifee
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

The owners are the kindest, most gracious hosts one can imagine. The food is beyond delicious; garlic rolls are scrumptious as is everything on their menu. I would recommend this to one and all! My husband and I consider it one of the finest Italian restuarants in the Inland Empire/Temecula Valley region.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great food, lots of garlic! ;) tucked out of the way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

great food, lots of garlic! ;) tucked out of the way