“We've only had breakfast here” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 167 Restaurants in Murrieta
Cuisines: Mexican
Murrieta, California
“We've only had breakfast here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

but intend to try other dishes. Our breakfast were better than we expected. I had the huevos rancheros, my hubby had the "chilaquiles" both were good. Chilaquiles are best not soggy, but still crisp, even though they have a tasty sauce on them. My husband doesn't eat eggs, so they omitted those, just put the sauce on the tortilla triangles, and topped with cheese. Served with beans and rice, and all dishes seem to have a whole roasted jalapeno on the side, which BTW was delish, albeit a bit spicey, see pics. It is clean and cute inside, counter ordering, small tables, WiFi available.

There are 2 strikes however. First big one is that they don't serve coffee at breakfast time (there is a Starbucks in close proximity- on the same lot) I'll bring my own next time. Another is that they serve everything in styrofoam plates and plastic utensils, which I personally dislike. Otherwise, the food seemed quite authentic from two latinos that know. We make these at home and they are quite similar. They serve menudo on weekends, which we will try soon. Oh, and the prices can't be beat for comparable quality anywhere in our neck o'the woods.

• Visited May 2013