“nice staff but cheap rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Murrieta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“nice staff but cheap rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The staff here were friendly and outgoing. The room left something to be desired. The biggest problem was that the walls were paper thin. Even with my customary ear plugs in, I was awakened at about 1:30 a.m. when the person in the room next to me came in and started talking to someone. His deep voice came through so loudly that it woke me up and kept me awake for about 15 minutes. I finally called the front desk and they offered to either call and ask him to pipe down, or to move me to a different room. I chose the latter, and the new room worked out well. It was on the third floor, on the other side of the highway, without talkative guests in neighboring rooms. This hotel is quite close to a major highway and if noise from the room next door doesn't keep you up, the highway noise might. The breakfast here was rather meager, too, but adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CIGM712, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. We want you to know that we appreciate your compliment to our staff and we also appreciate the constuctive comments given in your review because we understand that the only way we can improve is by listening to the voice of our guests.

We hope that you know that your comments are very important to us and will be considered as we continually look for ways to improve our overall guest experience.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again should you need accommodations in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I chose this Comfort Inn because it was as close as I could affordably get to a trail race event in Temecula. And fortunately this motel satisfied my needs. Check-in was cheery and quick. There was a nice little indoor pool in the room next to the front desk with some kids enjoying it. The room was clean and I thought the bed was quite comfortable, though my husband wasn't as enthusiastic about the bed.

Free breakfast is served Saturday from 6 - 11 am. It was already open a few minutes before 6 so we were able to grab something on our way out to the event. The Inn also accommodated my late checkout request so I was able to come back after running and shower.

The motel is easily accessible right off the highway with sufficient parking and free WiFi (a big plus in my book). This isn't a place I would stay if I wanted a romantic weekend away, but if you just need a room near Temecula I would recommend. The only negative was some of the other guests who creeped me out a bit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and thorough review. We greatly appreciate your feedback because we know that we will only improve from listening to what our guests have to say. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you would recommend our hotel to others.

We pride ourselves on providing an enjoyable guest experience and I am glad to know that we have achieved our goal. However, we will take your comments and use them to help and improve future experiences for our other guests. We hope to be able to provide the same enjoyable experience to you in the future should you ever need accommodations again in our area. Thank you again!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I enjoy staying whenever in the area. All staff have great customer service skills. They are always courteous, friendly and helpful. The pool area is clean and well maintained, grandkids love it. Good location, many restaurants, stores and a theater within walking distance. I will continue to stay there on future trips.

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CIGM712, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are so glad to know that you have enjoyed each of your stay experiences and that you would continue to return.

We value the patronage of our return guests and we know that things like the customer service experience are so very important so I am glad to know that we are delivering on that.

We look forward to seeing you again and continuing to provide the same high level of service. Thank you again!
Vista
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have spent many months at this hotel and have always been treated very well. The staff is top notch and area has many stores and restaurants close at hand. I have always felt safe and secure. They have made many upgrades and, I believe, more are planned.

Room Tip: I would recommend the third floor. The suite provides more room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
CIGM712, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words and this positive review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your stay experience with us.

We value your business and patronage to our hotel and are glad to know that you have always felt secure and comfortable. Our goal is always to make you feel as though we are your home away from home and with your comments, we feel we have succeeded in achieving this.

We hope to see you again should you ever need accommodations in our area in the future and once again we give our sincerest appreciation for being such a loyal guest and taking time out to comment on your stay.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Great indoor pool and jacuzzi. Very clean and well maintained. Safe.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CIGM712, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review of our establishment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our amenties and location to be suitable to your needs.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again should you ever need accommodations in our area. Thanks again!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean, quiet and comfortable rooms. Nicely located near freeway, dining, shopping and theater.

• Stayed February 2012
CIGM712, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for this very positive review. We are glad to you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found location convenient. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope that we will see you again the next time you are in the area.
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The location is excellent, close to downtown Temecula and near many local businesses. The room was clean and very spacious, it included a small fridge which was nice. The shower pressure was amazing for a hotel! The front desk staff was incredibly friendly! The only reason I didn't rate the hotel as 5 stars is that the hallways/lobby were a bit run down and in need of an update, the hotel was also a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Select rooms on the 3rd floor have flat screen TV's
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind words and sincere review. We appreciate all feedback because it allows us to see where we can improve in order to better serve our guests. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again during a future stay.

Thank you again!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country? Share your experiences!