“Our favorite fish taco place in Northern California.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Arnold, California
“Our favorite fish taco place in Northern California.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We come to Murphy's just to eat at Firewood. My wife and I both love the fish tacos. My wife usually gets the fish taco meal that includes rice and beans. I focus just on the tacos and order three. They have a nice selection of draft beers and we also order a side of chips and salsa. Pizzas are great too if you like thin crust.

The atmosphere is very casual. Order your food at the counter and find a table. They bring the food to your table when it's ready. There are a few TVs around the restaurant that have sports on them so you can keep an eye on the game if you want. The sound is off so the TVs are not distracting.

San Jose, Ca
“very different atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

You place your order at the counter then they bring it to your table. You need to get your own utensils, etc at the counter. Our food was very good.

Chico, California
“Tasty woodfired pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great spot, delicious pizza and great prices. Nice to view the street activity and get the outside feel with a screened front wall.

Seaford, Delaware
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was not prepared for the amazing food at Firewood. Don't let the menu fool you. The servings are large, the food is fresh, and delicious! Everyone at our table was making noises ( oohs and aahs ) , and raving over each item. The location is perfect for watching patrons on the street. I just wish I lived closer, I would definitely be a frequent diner.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“always consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I always stop here for lunch when we are in the area. The pizza's are excellent and the fish tacos are almost as good as the ones in Baja. The best part is the prices are very reasonable for the quality that you receive. We were there on the day of the Irish parade and even though it was packed the quality was still maintained.

• Visited March 2014