“The pizzas made my wife sick” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
London, United Kingdom
“The pizzas made my wife sick”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The pizzeria was very crowded. We bought an Olive, and a Mushroom pizza. They tasted rather peculiar - Lee and Perrins perhaps. Within 8 hours my wife took ill - of course I cannot prove the pizza was to blame; but clearly she had a stomach bug and needed antibiotics. Be wary

Visited August 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Great tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The pork tacos were awesome! The caesar salad wasn't anything special. My date enjoyed the baja tacos too. Nice homemade salsa bar.

Visited August 2012
Sonora
“Must Try the Baja Fish Tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Firewood is sooooooo good. 100% of the times going there, we've loved it. We take friends and family that visit and love ordering their Fish Tacos. They are the best we've Ever had and we keep coming back for more.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bay Area, California
“Open late, Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stopped here because we needed a late dinner and there weren't many other places open that weren't serving water in crystal goblets.

They have good pizza. Family raves about the fish tacos. This latest visit we orded a hamburger and chicken tacos with a side of sweet potato fries. The service is stand-at-the-counter-and-order style and get-your-own-drinks. You might get a smile if you are lucky, I wasn't successful. Maybe you just have to be good-looking?

The burger was a mess. I could hardly find the meat there was so much shredded lettuce and mayo on it. Small patty, large bun. My husband enjoyed the chicken tacos. They are generous with the fries. The side order of sweet potato fries was an enormous basket of fries. The three of us ate as much as we could and the basket still looked full.

There was a big screen TV airing a Giants baseball game which we enjoyed watching while we ate.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
fresno, california
“FISH TACOS, FISH TACOS, FISH TACOS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had read about the fish tacos here and I'm so glad we tried them! We got into town late, 9:00 pm, and there aren't many choices for late eats. Firewood, however, serves food until 9:30, so it was a great chance to try these fish tacos I've read about! The fish in the tacos is crisp, they're served in corn tortillas, with cabbage and a tasty, creamy sauce. Ask for their jalapeño sauce that they serve on the side - it's roasted jalapeños puréed with olive oil, and it's amazing!!
We only had to wait about 5 minutes for our food, which was super since we were starving! I can't comment on anything else on the menu, as our whole group of four had the tacos, and we all loved them!

• Visited July 2012