“Perfect breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 298 Restaurants in Mountain View
Miami Beach
“Perfect breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stumbled on Bajis' Cafe (which felt more like a diner), and I'm *so* happy that I did. Yes, it has a typical breakfast menu with American food items, but that's not why you should eat here (my dining companion did say that his food was terrific) - you need to come here for the Mexican breakfast. It's incredible - perfectly cooked, excellent recommendation by the server, and they know which coffee you drink by the color of the mug they give you. It's small and efficient, and I will tell all of my friends to come here ... Loved it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pensacola, Florida
“Good selection, pretty good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Husband and I decided to try this place in our quest for a good breakfast place in/around Mountain View. Tried the Funhouse Hangover scramble and the South Palo Altan omelette, which were pretty good. Wasn't impressed with the hash browns so I'll try the country cut potatoes next time. Service was extremely friendly and paced right.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palo Alto, California
“Great breakfast, excellent burgers, skip the salads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place is friendly, fast with lots of seating. Because its on Old Middlefield Way you have to plan to go over to eat. But we like their friendliness, the breakfasts are big and excellent, I love the "Los Campos" scramble. The burgers are best for lunch. Salads run about $10 and really are not good at all.

Visited March 2013
Petra - Wadi Musa, Jordan
“Gogogo.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I woke up at 6:45 to bike 2 miles in 30-degree weather to get to the JCC where I was supposed to spend the day doing community service. (and be fed some bagels.)

When I got there, they told me I'd have to bike over to a whole different location, and that there was no bagels, and that it was their mistake. I was windblown and cold and hungry and I needed to service the community known as my stomach.

So I went to Baji's, and it was wonderful. I had some tea-- they give you the whole little array and you pick your bag, then they give you a kettle they keep refilling, and some lemon. No honey, but hey. Just get a sweet breakfast.

If you get there early enough (before 9? maybe 10?) you can get a special combo breakfast for $5. My fiance got their waffles and eggs (along with a side of hashbrowns-- generous portions!), I got their (2) pancakes and eggs-- but subbed in banana pancakes instead of buttermilk for an extra $1.75 charge.

Hohmygosh. I have high standards for breakfast, and I was coconuts for those banana pancakes. The bananas were sort of mushed up with the batter, making them softer and sweeter and almost creamy and absolutely wonderful. The poached eggs were done perfectly, and served in a little bowl so the runny yolks wouldn't contaminate my syrup-drenched cakes.

The decor is simple, it almost feels like a truck stop. The syrup comes in a plastic condiment dispenser, and the waiters walk around in store merchandise, complete with logo'd caps. The food comes quickly but is still made fresh-- which is perfect when you've already had a chilly disappointment by 7:30 in the morning.

Gogogo.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bay Area, California
“Cool Neighborhood Diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Breakfast is usually terrific, served anytime during restaurant hours. The skillets are fun if you order something spicy with linguisa or chorizo. Skip the health-nut scramble. The prices are reasonable and the service is usually good. One recommendation, always check your order, might even make sense to have them read it back to you. More often than not we have to make a correction on something simple. We were there with friends a few weeks ago and one ordered a veggie burger, they brought a turkey patty instead, caused a delay and we all have kids. The friendly staff, location, and dependable food (we go regularly and know what to expect) keep us going back. They are also remodeling, and so far have put in new tables, chairs, and pulled the tacky eighties sports memorabilia off the walls, it is looking better. The restaurant is always clean.

• Visited October 2011