“Perfect Choice :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Pollock Pines, California
“Perfect Choice :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a concert at Shoreline,perfect choice for that,really close.The room was very clean and had everything we needed.All the management/staff were very nice.They have a pool and also serve breakfast.It was also reasonably priced for the bay area.We would for sure stay here again :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This location really works for me, it's a short driving distance from downtown Mountain View and right by the bike trail leading to Shoreline park. The people are friendly, rooms clean and spacious. The price is in a bit lower than other places in Mountain View. They fill up fast, reservations are recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Penngrove, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

First time they couldn't find my reservation, no room. Second time they charged my credit card twice and it took months to get money refunded (the room was ok). Third time bait and switch, as the owners have another dumpy motel a few miles away and tried to have us stay there (there was no way we were staying there), I never did get my first nights $ refunded. Plus this same tactic happened with others I know. The owners and workers were awful in the way they treated us. You may ask why try three times. They are close to where I needd to be, and I hoped the first two times were just mistakes, but NO, Just don't do it!!!! I would sleep in my car before entering their doors again...

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Th.ank you for your input. We have had our share of interface problems with OTA/GDS interface problem with the property management system. We are working on it very diligently with all the vendors involved. The property gets overbooked even though the channels are closed. We have hired reputable revenue management firm to help. Please book directly with the hotel and you will not have this problem until we solve interface issues.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Do NOT stay here at this Motel. The Front Desk Personnel (all men) treated me like a second class citizen. I guess that in the country that these men are from that is the norm. My first room had a musty/moldy smell to it, so the folllowing morning I asked to switch rooms. My TV was broken in that it was not able to access any Premium TV stations or any Premium Movies, (it was never fixed). There were NO bedspreads on either bed in my second room, and when I asked for bedspreads, the hotel front desk personnel (again, a man) yelled at me in front of a guest standing in line at the front desk. There was used furniture haphazardly placed (I guess in storage) outside of my motel room piled on top of each other for days, it looked trashy. The walls/floorboards were so thin that I could hear and feel the footsteps of the guests on the 2nd floor above me who kept me up several nights during my stay. If it wasn't for the fact that the reservation was prepaid upfront, I would have checked out immediately and asked for a refund. Spend a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere, you will be happy that you did!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I regret the fact that you were not treated the way you expected. I have discussed your input with the staff. We have added a female employee on the staff, Since this area is a melting pot of different natiotionalities the customs and culture are different. However basic values are the same.
I promise you that we will try very hard tofollow your suggetions.
San Lorenzo, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The pictures of the hotel make it look very cute, although pictures can be deceiving. The area surrounding the hotel was very disturbing, probably not in the nicest area.
When arriving on 8/12 the front desk reception was very rude. We entered the room the smell was moldy, the carpet was sticky and the toilet was not clean. I called the front desk to see if they had another room and they said they were fully booked, I then asked if housekeeping could clean the bathroom and he said housekeeping were gone for the day. So needless to say I couldn’t stay in filth. They would not refund the night stay since it already passed the 24 hour cancellation policy. Go figure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your input. The area has suffered from prolonged economic slump. Couple of busiinesses have closed near the hotel. However the Gas station is reopening. Houses around the hotel are single family home and there are some apartment buildings. we are right across from NASA Ames research center and Google has occupied several buildings. I apologize that your room was not cleaned. The front desk made an error renting a room that was supposedly vacant dirty. Please let me know and I will refund your money immediately. Once again We are very sorry for this.
Bolingbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stay here when we come to visit our children in the area. It is very reasonable in comparison to all others in the area. It is easy to get to because it is just off Hwy 101. We often see people from Europe staying there. Our room has always been clean when we have stayed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ckshah, General Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind compliments. We look forward to your return visit.
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have stayed here every time we've gone to a concert at the Shoreline Ampitheater--about 6 times, so this review is based on more than a random, one-night stay.

It is always our first choice when staying anywhere in the area, and we stay elsewhere only if this one is sold out.

It is one of the closest motels to the Shoreline, and very convenient.

On every stay, the staff has always been very friendly and helpful (this last time, even helping us when we came in at 1:30am, with making up an icepack for one of our party who had an injury from the mosh pit!). It's independently owned and not part of a chain, which I think makes the staff really care about their guests' experience.

I see in other reviews that people have had problems with reservations make through third-party sites (Booking.com, kayak.com, etc.). We have always booked directly, and have never had the slightest problem with reservations.

I see a few reviewers have complained about condition, etc.. Well, no, it's not a Hyatt Regency, so if that's the kind of place you're expecting, yes, look for someplace else. This is just a great, basic motel, in a perfect location, at a great price!

Room Tip: All the rooms we've ever stayed in, throughout the property, have been fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
ckshah, General Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your returned loyalty, we are glad you enjoy our location and how close it is to the Shoreline Amphitheater. See you when you return.

Been to County Inn? Share your experiences!