“A decent place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 23 hotels in Mountain View
San Jose
“A decent place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have to say I am shocked to see all the bad reviews here for this place. The room I had was nice. It was clean, comfortable bed, fridge, micro and so on. Never tried the in room coffee as I usually don't. Let's face it, those packets aren't going to be the best coffee and I don't care where you stay. What contact I had with staff was generally good. Not over the top but not rude. The free breakfast was good. They had scrambled eggs, waffles, ham, cereal, bagels and cream cheese, muffins and various assorted breads, coffee, orange juice and that's just what I can remember. I booked my room through http://hotels.com and got a deal for $50 I have seen since then they generally want $89. For $50 I would say its a yes but not really for $89. Overall my experience here was a positive

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
ckshah, General Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments and letting us know how much you enjoyed your lodging experience and your breakfast. As we continue to make improvements to the County Inn we are so glad that is valued guests like you that are taking notice of our reasonable room rates near Silicon Valley. We look forward to your return.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I just completed hotel stay at County Inn at Mountain View, California and did not get the $25 gas crad that is promised at the time of making the reservation. The Expedia should be responsible for this gas card, according to Mr. Shah, the Manager when I presented my claim. I was made the reservation on 12/07/2011 and the the gas card was offered on that day. I had made a call to Hotels.com and was assured that the gas card offer was included in my reservation.

This is a false offer. Caution!

Room Tip: Go to other hotels.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

County Inn is a very cheap hotel. For its price, it has an excellent breakfast, and decent rooms. The only major complaint I have is with the room amenities. For example, in the room I stayed in, there were two phones, neither of which worked. The TV also had very grainy pictures. In addition, the room wasn't as clean as one would like it to be. I also found the desk workers to be somewhat cold, note quite rude but certainly indifferent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
SAN DIEGO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Trip Advisor critics are some times so mean. Spouse and I stayed at County Inn for six nights, and adult child joined us, in separate room, for three nights. Real glass ware, real mugs, great breakfast, and large room. I'd go back next time!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ckshah, Owner at County Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments, we are so grateful to have wonderful guests at the County Inn. We look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I actually feel like an idiot because I thought I booked the very nice Country Inn, in nearby Sunnyvale. Even their logos look similar. My one night inadvertent stay at the County Inn didn't kill me, but boy is this place a dump. My first impression was the intensely musty smell when I entered the room and the traffic outside. The property is bordered by Leong Drive, a surprisingly busy and noisy street, and the intolerably loud 101 freeway on the other. With walls and windows as thin as paper, I found it hard to sleep.

Weirdly, the room has several motion detectors that turn the lights on as you walk across the room -- quite an annoyance to you and anyone still in bed if you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Even turning in bed quickly turned the lights on and you have to get up to turn them off. Whose idea was this?

Water temperature too was awful and made for an unpleasant shower.

I don't know if they offered breakfast because I couldn't get out of this place fast enough in the morning. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the County Inn.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ckshah, Owner at County Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
I regret we did not meet your expectations and you did not find your experience with us to be great. We strive daily to improve and with guests comments that we take very seriously we learn and grown on how to better. Thank You.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Honestly, I got this inn by bidding at priceline. Then I went here to check the review.
Surprisingly, most of the reviews were negative which made me upset.

We arrived at county inn at late night after a long drive. The guy at reception desk was very kind and gave us double beds after knowing that we had two people.

The room was old but OK. Especially I checked our beds and found they were clean.

The interent was free as well as the breakfast and parking which was enough for us.

We stayed there for 2 nights and everything was good.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
ckshah, Owner at County Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to your next visit.
sonoma county
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My friend booked two rooms for my husband and me and for her husband in JULY for October Jimmy Buffet concert at Shoreline. When we got there at 3:15, there was a line and the guy said he was having trouble with his computer (dial-up modem). The first guy in line said he had been there since 2:30, but the guy made him wait until 3 to check in. When we got there, he said they had overbooked and we didn't have a room, but that he had ANOTHER very nice hotel a mile and 1/2 (farther from our venue) . SUffice it to say, the owner did NOT do ANYTHING in the way of trying to make it better. He had us over a barrel. THere were a number of people that he "shifted" to his hotel which was pretty empty. Breakfast at the Sundowner in Sunnyvale was pretty marginal and nothing was replaced...they ran out of cream and fruit, etc. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
ckshah, Owner at County Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Our team regrets to hear of your poor hospitality experience, circumstances on this evening prevented us from putting our best foot forward, we have learned from this experience and have grown. Please accept my sincere apology and thank you for your comments.

Been to County Inn? Share your experiences!