I used to stay in this hotel every time I visit Palo Alto. (About 20 times within the last 3 years of which 10-12 times chose this hotel to stay at)
While I love this hotel for its location and the fact that they do not offer small hotel rooms but real apartments in kondo-style houses I have always chosen this place to stay. Even though it is mostly a bit more expensive than the Residence Inn or the Courtyard a few blocks north.
Unfortunately the last 2 visits to this hotel were very unpleasant and I have decided not to go back to this place. (I am currently staying at the hotel for another 2 weeks and thinking about to check out and move into a different hotel)
I am Platinum Marriott member for several years and while I have always received the "welcome present" this has changed this year. The last 2 visits I have not been asked for "points or another welcome gift" when checking in. I have just now found out that I am due to receive 100$ for this.
Some items that have annoyed me the last 2 visits.
- Internet. Depending on your room location you might end up with no internet or very weak reception of the WI-FI signal. Even though each house has its "own" internet the further away you are from the patio in the middle the lesser internet connection you have.
- Also, it seems there are some interent security issues. The current room I am stayin in has some UNSECURED WI-FI signals that are called "Residence Inn Guest". Not sure how many people will just select that one without understanding that this is not secure and does not ask to login via the Marriot login page.
- Internet connection drops at least twice a day. Note, I have 4 devices that use internet and the bad reception and dropping connections happens on all devices.
+ Full Kitchen with coffee machine, Microwave, Oven, Fridge etc - Like at home!
+ Rooms are very clean, furniture and electro appliances are up to date.
- Coffee, Sugar and Milk powder sometimes does not get refilled. Happened twice within the last 10 days
- Yesterday the cleaning crew forgot some cleaning utensils in my room after they cleaned the room.
- During my last stay the cleaning crew threw away receipts that were on the kitchen table. Big issue if your company pays for bills and you have no receipts to get reimbursed.
- Happened twice now that channels suddenly dont work for an hour or 2
- During my last stay the cleaning crew forgot to clean my room 2 days in a row
- You will be adressed with "Hi Man" from some employees at the reception.
- While calling the maintenance crew because of the internet problems and TV channel loss I got welcomed with "Hi, whats up man?"
Last but not least item for Platinum Members.
I have stayed in several other Marriott Hotels over the year. (have roughly 300 nights spent so far in Marriotts. Also Diamond Member with Hilton)
Usually I get an upgrade when checkin-in. Obviously this is dependand on availability. But I have never received an upgrade at this place. Even though there were Penthouse Suites available when checking online before and after check-in.
All in all I again love the location and the size of the Room, but all these little items count up to a degree that I might not consider staying at this Hotel anymore.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Marriott so you can book your Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View Hotel Mountain View
- Mountain View Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Mountain View