“Good for business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Israel
“Good for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I always come to this place when I need to visit mountain view.

Pros:
- spacious room
- comfy bad
- good service

Cons:
- breakfast is somewhat boring.
- wifi experience varies. Sometime in room reception not good enough for Skype.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MtnView_ResidenceInn, General Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Good day Mr.Idof
First of I wanted to thank you for being a frequent traveler and for always choosing our property as your home away from home when business brings you to the Mountain View area. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback in regards to our Hotel and Services this is the only way we can make sure on what is working for our Guest and what we need to improve on. For instance one of your comments is that our Breakfast is somewhat boring, if you would be so kind and elaborate on that a little more is it the food that we offer, the way is cooked, what is something that you would like to see served to make sure that is not boring or the same. In regards to the Wifi this is something that we are working on to improve and we have already made some changes that so far our Guest are happy with. I hope to hear from you soon.
Francisco Cruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The rooms are big, with a full kitchen and couch. Kept very clean and tidy, friendly staff, all works well. Wireless internet is a bit slow, but still usable to watch a movie at low resolution. Wired internet is also available and a bit better. A bit of street noise, depending on what room you have, since it's on the El Camino Real. Didn't bother me though. The fridge also makes some noise, but that's easy to get used to. The airco is big and works well, but is too noisy to sleep by. I didn't use the breakfast but it looked good. The cleaning leady clearly has done a towel folding course, swans all over the place :-). All this comes at a price which is a bit higher than the motel style places on the same street.

Room Tip: Away from the street has obviously less street noise. Pick ground level if you don't want to wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good day,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of how your stay and overall experience was at our Hotel. I will make sure and let my staff know what a great job they did and also glad that you enjoyed the Swan made out of towels. Every week we pick a different animal for our housekeepers to do currently is a puppy. I am sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to enjoy our breakfast, hopefully on your next visit you are able to get a good breakfast before starting your day. I would also like to inform you that we have made some changes to our internet and continue to work with our provider to make sure Guest are able to log on and surf the internet without any inconveniences. We hope to see you on your next trip to our area.

Fort Bragg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were here for a concert at Shoreline Arena. Upgraded to the Penthouse, one bedroom with a second bedroom and bath in the loft. A full kitchen. Pool is small, we did not use as the weather was not warm enough. Nice grounds, quiet area.

Room Tip: Use your Marriott Rewards, this is why I was upgraded.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Good day Ms. Nancy,
Hope you are having a great day and I am glad you choose our Hotel on your last Trip. If is not too much to ask what concert were you here for. I am glad to hear that my Staff was able to accommodate you and upgraded you to a bigger room that gave you a chance to spread out and be more comfortable. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area or for any upcoming concerts
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Not recommended. Each separate unit building has a lower and upper unit so you either get to hear noise above your head or lug all your luggage and belongings up a flight of outdoor stairs to your room and down again. Also the bed is small -- a full size and there is no separation of sleeping and living areas so if you want to sleep and someone else wants to watch TV, you're all on top of each other. Plus with no walls, you get to have the kitchen and bathroom lights blaring in your eyes at night and in the morning. Plus it's on a very busy road with very tight parking in their lot and you have to play musical cars and wait on a line of cars to try and get out of the parking lot any time you want to leave Outdoor pool is an oversized bathtub. I hated this place. AVOID

• Stayed August 2012
Good day Mr. Lanky
First of I wanted to thank you for taking the time and providing us feedback in regards to how your stay was during your last visit to our Property. I want to apologize for the huge inconvenience you encountered during your visit to my Property; we strive to give our Guest the most positive and reassuring environment. I know this was not the case when you visited our Hotel after reading all the problems you had to deal with. I know first impressions are everything and the first impression you received from us was a horrible one. Nothing I can say or do can change the past or your dissatisfaction with our hotel. If you would be so kind to contact me via email (mountainviewgm@ih-corp.com)or by phone (650-940-1300 ext. 400). So that we can discuss this further and hopefully find a way that I can rectify this issue. Once again Mr. Lanky it is not desirable for us to fail our valued customers, but in this case we did and I am truly sorry for that. Should your travels bring you back to the Mountain View Area I would like to personally make your next reservation. I will guarantee you a perfect stay at our property should you give us a second chance. If there is anything else I can assist you with please feel free to contact me
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I spent more than two weeks at the Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View (I was there on a business trip). I liked Residence Inn for its amenities, especially the breakfast. The staff was terrific during my entire stay. I was staying in a studio with a full kitchen, bed and pillows were very comfortable. There's an outside pool, beautiful little gardens between the buildings, good location.
It was a very comfortable place to stay - warm and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Princeton Junction
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and chose this location to be close to our friends who were traveling abroad. It was nicely located, relatively close to highway 101 and easy access to virtually all shopping needs (for necessities). It was located right on El Camino Real but our unit (in building #4) was far enough away and facing away from the traffic so it was very quiet. The inn sign is a bit small so if you don't pay attention, it is easily missed without a GPS.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit on the ground floor and it was pretty clean and comfortable. There was someone else staying upstairs with a little dog but we did not hear much from them. It had a nice kitchen with a big refrigerator but we did not utilize it much. The unit had a queen bed and a pull out sofa bed so it was sufficient for 3 people.

The pool was a bit small but clean and the fitness center was a bit small as well. The best feature was their (free) breakfast. The breakfast room was small but it had a lot to choose from, including hot food like scrambled eggs and sausages and it had a waffle machine. The quality of the food was very good. They also had some early evening snacks and drinks which we did not get to try because we were coming back late at nights.

Overall it was a great stay. I can't say much about their service only because we did not require much attention during our stay. The only thing negative that I would say about this place is the price. It seemed a bit on the high side. We stayed at another place in Belmont that was a comparable suite hotel a couple of years ago and it was a better value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights at the Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View. We like the Residence Inns for their amenities, especially the breakfast as we don't like going out to a restaurant for breakfast. The greeting by the front desk staff was so warm and welcoming. They were terrific during our entire stay. Our room wasn't quite ready and they kept in touch with housekeeping on its progress. It is a two story hotel without an elevator and I requested a first floor unit, which we were given. It was a Queen studio with a full kitchen - very ample in size, over 500 Sq. feet. The hotel had been remodeled in 2011 and it is very nicely upgraded and comfortable. Towels are large and fluffy - I always have the same comment about any hotel we've been too - Not enough towel hooks or racks. We ended up clipping the bath towels to the hangers in the closet so they could dry overnight. I can't understand why the folks who design these rooms can't include adequate towel hooks or even the racks that fit over the bathroom door. I mentioned this to the hotel staff and also the fact that, even though the shower curtains are on curved racks, the plastic liner should be replaced with a cloth liner. The water spots on the plastic liner are not pretty ;) The bathroom granite sink counter is long and there's plenty of room for stuff.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable -

We didn't use the pool; however, it is on the street side of the hotel with really not much privacy for the folks who use it. There is a glass fence separating the pool area from the street, but it isn't very high nor opaque. It didn't seem to bother anyone, though. The hotel staff put out clean towels on the lounge chairs every day. The ground appeared well tendered. The breakfast room is a two story affair, with several tables on the first floor where the food is laid out and there is a second level for overflow. The hotel has an elevator for those unable to take the stairs. The fitness room is on the second level. I didn't make use of it this trip, but it looked clean and the equipment looked in good shape. There were two treadmills and an elliptical.

During the hotels extensive renovation, they included some good energy savers. Lights have motion detectors and can also be put on manually.

Oh, shower head was leaking and I mentioned it to front desk - it was fixed before we returned to the room that day. I do wish that hotel guests and housekeeping would keep the front desk informed of anything that needs fixing or adjusting. That way, the newness of a renovation would stay in good shape.

The hotel is located less than 10 miles from San Jose Airport and is on the main drag of El Camino Real. There is a Walgreens just across the street and some restaurants within walking distance. The downtown district, near the Cal Train, offers up some very nice restaurants. We did eat at Frankie, Johnnie and Luigi Too! just about 1/2 mile from the hotel. Nice dinner, good portions and good service.

The breakfast was very nice. A good selection of hot, cold and vegetarian items. I would, however, like to see less sugary cereals offered. The only non-sugar cereal was corn flakes. Fresh fruit was available, yogurts, nuts, raisins. They even make their own little muffins on the premises. The two woman who took care of the buffet did an excellent job. They refilled what needed refilling and cleaned up the food area.

I did see a small sport court adjacent to the pool and some kids playing basketball. A nice touch when you are traveling with kids.

All in all a very comfortable place to stay - warm and welcoming - will stay their again if in the area.

Room Tip: Because of the way the hotel is laid out, sort of in quads, some of the rooms don't get enough n...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View? Share your experiences!