“Good Solid Friendly Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Aria

Save Saved
You added Hotel Aria to your Saves list
Hotel Aria
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2700 W. El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040 (Formerly Varkins Hotel)   |
Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Mountain View
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Good Solid Friendly Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Quiet, no sleeping issues. Very friendly reception. Never any wait or hassle at reception, easy check in and out. Likewise fast and easy to get into internet.

Car park outside with enough space as you would expect from most hotels in the (Western) US.

Good breakfast featuring hot food not the same every day, nice variety.

Typical chain hotel which usual pros (reliable) and cons (boring predictable rooms) and usual quirky features (like having to turn on 6 lights in the room to illuminate it, with no main light). Mind you this is probably all true of 90% of hotels in the US.

I think I paid just over $100/night for this, which is about right.

Didn't see any dinner in the hotel, an Indian restaurant next door is the only eating place I think within less than 5 minutes walk. It's not at all like an Indian in the UK, a little more arty and different with a lot of vegetarian dishes. Although, for cost as well, I preferred the pizza place go out the front door of the hotel, turn left and walk 5 minutes until you see a sign with something like "Farmer's Market: Sprouts" and head towards that looking for the pizza place then on your left, decent large pizzas for $5-$10. With a car of course wide variety of restaurants available.

If you don't have a car this is about 10 minutes walk from the San Antonio Caltrain station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback . We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we earnestly look forward to have you back .

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My two-weeks-stay here was overall very pleasant and I enjoyed it a lot.

My room was clean and the bed very comfortable.

It has also a big pool and a hot tub which I wasn't able to use because I didn't have that much spare time during weekdays or weekends.

If you are looking for a flawless stay in a nice hotel I would recommend you this hotel rather than any other motels or such in this area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hi

Thank you for the nice feedback . It gives us immense pleasure to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to have you back again !

westlake village
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed four nights at the Hotel Aria. Upon our arriavl, we were greeted by a friendly employee behind the desk,; Zi-Shawn. We had a pleasant experience during our stay at this hoteh. The employees were also helpful in directing us to different places nearby. The room was spacious and clean and the price was right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hi

Thank you for taking the time in giving us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the bayarea too !

We look forward to have you back some time again .

Happy Holidays !
colorado springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Aria several times now and I must recommend it as a very good value hotel in this area. Hotels are very expensive in Silicon Valley so for what you pay you get a lot at the Aria. This time I tried another hotel and moved after the first night at the horror of that place- the staff was wonderful at accomodating us for a reservation during a very busy convention time. They are very nice and helpful- they honored an expired special for $89/night, which is unbelievable for Palo Alto. The average price is about $130 which is still not bad. This is not a fancy place but the beds are comfy, the pool is lovely and open year around, spotlessly clean, pretty reliable wifi, and very extensive cable channels. The location is perfectly central- close to downtown Palo Alto, VERY close to mid town Palo Alto, and also close to downtown Mountain View. I won't even bother with another hotel when I return next time unless of course I go to the Four Seasons! Just a warning, the breakfast is very average but Hobees is practically across the street- a Silicon Valley staple for 30 years. The restaurant attached to the hotel is a rather pricey Indian place- good but I have had better. Skip it. For good pizza, Maldonados rocks and its super close if you want a "take out" night.

Room Tip: The third floor is really quiet and the carpeting is a bit newer- seems as though the rooms are a bi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Hi

Thank you for taking the time in giving us a review . This helps us to know what we are doing right and what we can improve upon !
Thank you for your continued patronage and just in case if you were not informed , you can avail 15% discount for the next door indian restaurant being a guest with us !

Happy Thanksgiving !
Boulder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Most of the Hotels along El Camino Road that you would want to stay at are quite expensive. The Hotel Aria is slightly less so, but still offers the same ammenities that you expect. Further, since this hotel is not part of a national chain, it is offen overlooked and, therefore, often has rooms available. The rooms are large, in very good shape, quiet, clean, with no bugs. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. Breakfast--free with the room--was better than I expected, offering scrambled eggs, sausages and crepes. The internet was fast enough for movies. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Hi Mr. Daniel

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and it gives us immense satisfaction to have such feedback . We look forward to serve you again and exceed your expectations . Thank you . Good Day .
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

If you have business in silicon valley and need a value hotel this is it. Perfect location and very reasonable price. Rooms are goods size with wired and wireless internet. Hotel has been quiet the two times I have stayed. No parking issues. Breakfast is fairly standard with industrial eggs. For the price I think it is hard to beat.

• Stayed October 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I waited too long before booking our favorite hotel for the area. Every thing was full, This was
,as I mentioned, clean,reasonably priced for the area,and well located. They were stingy with
towels,I Iike extras for my hair. Breakfast was standard fare but adequate. Based on reviews for the Country Inn (next door) I felt I made the right choice.

Room Tip: Other reviews mentioned trafic noise from the street. We were in a room facing the street but didn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Aria? Share your experiences!