“It was clean and reasonably priced for the area. Good location.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Aria

You added Hotel Aria to your Saves list
Hotel Aria
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2700 W. El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040 (Formerly Varkins Hotel)   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Baltimore, Maryland
“It was clean and reasonably priced for the area. Good location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I waited too long before booking our favorite hotel for the area. Every thing was full, This was
,as I mentioned, clean,reasonably priced for the area,and well located. They were stingy with
towels,I Iike extras for my hair. Breakfast was standard fare but adequate. Based on reviews for the Country Inn (next door) I felt I made the right choice.

Room Tip: Other reviews mentioned trafic noise from the street. We were in a room facing the street but didn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is all about value. It was one of the cheapest in the area the night of a concert at Shoreline, so I wasn't expecting much. Booked a deluxe king and was really pleased with the room. It was really large. Separate sitting/living area then a private bedroom down a short hallway.
Room was clean. Bed was really comfortable with clean and really soft linens.
I also like that unlike the other cheap hotels in the area, this one actually had rooms contained within a building, as opposed to having doors that open up onto the parking lot.

Staff was friendly and accommodating.

I think this will be my go-to hotel in Mountain View for any subsequent trips.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clovis, Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. We needed a team hotel for my son's tournament at Stanford and surrounding area. Angelica, their sales manager, was very professional, kind, and helpful with the arrangements. She was able to give us a variety of room types to fit each family's needs and budget. We had a couple of glitches during the reservation process but she was always on top of it and worked it out to beyond our expectations. Free parking, breakfast, and wi-fi (had no problems with it) was also a big plus.
We ended up with a king deluxe suite. It was spacious, clean, and pretty much looked like the picture on the hotel's web site. I liked that the bathroom had two doors leading into it, one from the hallway the other from the bedroom although with both opening into the bathroom they would bang into each other. The bed was comfortable and towels were big and fluffy.
As others have said this is an older property. If you must have the most modern and updated of room accommodations then you probably won't like this hotel. Instead, if your preferences are more towards the hotel being clean and well-maintained, then this is your hotel. The ice machine went out in our wing on Saturday. I figured it wouldn't be back in operation until Monday but by late Sunday morning it was repaired and working and kept working throughout the rest of our stay.
Have to agree with the room numbering system, it is a bit strange yet once you figure out where your room is it no longer is an issue.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful. One morning the team needed to leave by 5:30am for their game, well before the breakfast lady comes in. The evening clerk passed the word on to the night shift and by 5am that next morning breakfast was awaiting our team! Breakfast includes scrambled eggs, surprisingly good sausage patties, french toast or potatoes, and the usual assortment of breads, cereals, juices, coffee, etc. One other day they had a late game and were still eating breakfast past the 9:30 advertised cut off. The breakfast lady (sorry I didn't get your name) was very kind and let them continue until they finished. I've been at other hotels where the breakfast start and stop times are strictly enforced. This kind of service is what prompted my 5 rating of this property.
We enjoyed the pool and spa area which was always being kept clean and tidied. Their computer in the lobby isn't hooked up to a printer but it was my understanding the front desk staff will print your boarding passes if needed. One other thing, when you Google map it the name of the hotel come up as "holiday inn".
Overall a most pleasant stay, meeting all our needs. Will definitely book them again when back that way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Unable to get a per diem rate for business travel anywhere near Palo Alto, I found this hotel on Trip Advisor with mixed reviews. The pictures looked ok and the location was close enough. Upon arrival, I was hesitant as a single traveler to even enter the hotel since the parking lot was empty and it looked dated on the outside. The lobby decor and hallway carpets looked dated. The room size was better than average and included a couch and coffee table in addition to the tv and bed. All were dated but it felt clean. Light breakfast is included and the hotel staff at the front desk and at breakfast were very nice. I guess $116 a night just doesn't go very far in California.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Frankfurt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We booked our room via hotwire and it was a really good deal. On arrival we were upgraded to a super comfy room, which was just awesome. The front desk manager, Mr. Lito told us, that usually the low internet rates come with a standard room, but nevertheless he upgraded us to a 2 Queenbed Deluxe room. The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The whohle staff was just great during our stay. We are leaving tomorrow, and we have been staying here for the last 7 days.The free parking and the free wireless is also a nice extra, and we had no problems with the wifi connection at all. Worked pretty good, and we were using the internet intensively. Breakfast is included and was okay, nothing fancy, but fulfilled our needs. The pool is clean and the temperature was nice. Overall it was very nice stay. We will definitely come back to Hotel Aria.

Room Tip: Good hotel, will definitely recommend it to friends
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at the hotel Aria for one night for business at Stanford Hospital. It was in close proximity which made it nice. My work colleague booked the rooms under her name and when we arrived later in the evening to check in it wasn't too smooth. First, the confirmation numbers that were provided for our rooms did not match her reservation name at all and the phone numbers and emails were of someone completely different? There were 3 rooms booked and she had only requested 2. After the process was finally sorted out we were given our room keys and went to our rooms. It was clean and well kept but when I arrived to my room it was on the ground level which I was not happy about and the window was found to be unlocked (which I proceeded to lock). This made me uncomfortable why the window would need to be left unlock and felt this to be odd. Also, the sheets were not fresh and seemed to be quite worn out. The air conditioner did not cool the room very well and the only covers on the bed was a heavy comforter which was too hot to use with the way the air conditioner worked. There were no cups of any kind in the room so I had to go back to the lobby to get a cup for water to take medication. My friend stated that her window was also found unlocked. She stated that she never received a wake-up call in the morning and luckily I always use my phone for an alarm. The one thing I was pleased was that there were plenty of electrical outlets to plug in my items for charging. Overall it was a pleasant environment and close to where I needed to go and was worth the rate I had paid. Not sure if I will stay there again in the future, I guess it depends on the rate offered at my usual hotel of preference.

Room Tip: request an upper floor room and make sure you check your window if it is locked.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is an adequate place for a short-term business trip. The pictures on their site are very kind indeed. There are more updated hotels in the area, but they're also often $100/night more. So how important is it that the room decor be from this decade? That the TV be HD and flat? It was clean if not a bit musty. The WiFi was pretty awful. I lost the connection about every 7 minutes and had to wait for it to be re-established. I only tried one thing at breakfast and it was sort of an egg taco with something like cheese whiz inside. Ugh. I skipped it after that.

I will say this: The front desk staff was very attentive and cheerful. The parking was easy and plentiful.

For some reason the TV, wall light and A/C were all unplugged when I got to the room. Check for that before you call the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the easiest directions to get to that room. The layout of this hotel is a labyri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Aria? Share your experiences!