“Quiet, comfortable, superior service, perfect.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Azure
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1561 West El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Mountain View
So Cal
“Quiet, comfortable, superior service, perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

This room was exactly what we needed. Honestly, who cares about the tight parking, I'm staying in the room not the garage area. The staff is very friendly and HONEST too, my traveling companion left his entire LIFE in a fanny pack on the counter, the clerk dutifully saved it for him in the back. Talk about a lifesaver! I'm talking wallet, credit cards, cash, checkbook.
The beds were super comfortable, we both slept like babys. The housekeeping is superb, thorough and friendly to boot. It was definitely a "we are here for a quiet stay" hotel, no partying, no noise, no problems at all. Any requests are handled immediately and with a smile no matter the time. When I come back in a few months I will definitely want to stay here. They have a nice waffle machine in the lobby so you can make breakfast, 3 kinds of coffee ready to go, internet computer which everyone uses at will. Yes the pool is small but honestly I'm not there to swim either. And there is a jacuzzi.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

This hotel is much better than I expected. I was hesitant to book it because a review mentioned a tight parking lot. It is tight actually but since there were not so many guests, this was not a problem at all. The furnture inside the room are fairly new including the bed which is comfortable to sleep in. The hotel is facing a busy street but you won't hear it once you close the curtains of your room. The room including the bathroom is in a small side which does not bother us at all. The reception where the breakfast is served is really small and trays are provided so you can bring your food upstairs. Overall this is a really a great place at a very affordable price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I actually live in the area but about 40 miles away and had an early morning meeting that I didn't want to risk being late for so I decided to stay here since the price was reasonable, it was close to my meeting place.

It was more than adequate for that purpose. The rooms are in great condition and are very clean. They seem fairly up-to-date. There was internet access. The bathroom was perfectly clean and inviting.

There's no restaurant to have breakfast, but they have a continental breakfast at the front desk which was OK.

So for my purpose, a one-night stay for a business meeting - it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

This was our first time traveling with our 10-month-old, and we wanted to find a place that was close to the tech area, comfortable, clean and kid-friendly. This hotel turned out to have all those qualities. If you are traveling with children, it's worth it to get the suite (which has its own separate living area, TV, fridge, microwave... all separated with a door). This made it very convenient for us to stay up after we put the baby to bed. We loved the free Wifi, and there were two TVs in the room (a flat screen in the bedroom). The TV in the living room even had a DVD player. We popped in her Baby Einstein DVD in the morning so we could pack up and get ready. The bathroom had an enormous whirpool bath tub, though we didn't use that feature.

Everything was comfortable, although the room itself felt somewhat dated. Heater was also very loud when it came on. All in all, a great stay for the price!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
san leandro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

The staff was great, the rooms look like they are newly remodeled. The rooms know have a flat screen TVs which was a nice. The staff was great, they allowed me to gave a late check out without any problems. The room was clean, they even offer cookies and popcorn in the afternoon which was great for my children. They had a nice clean pool and the staff honestly made me feel as if i were at home. My family and i will most likely to be back at this hotel.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

Nice room...great location. Upon checkout I was charged $14 more than the rate I was quoted on the phone. I potested mildly but since I had no written reservation there wasn't much I could do. When I returned home 3 days later the manager was on my answering machine acknowledging the error and had already adjusted the bill. Much unexpected and appriciated!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SoCal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

My wife and I stayed two nights at this hotel this past weekend (Sat and Sun night) and it was two nights too long. While the location is fairly central for the activities we had planned, the hotel itself, and the staff especially, were quite diappointing. The hotel is dated (the carpet, wallpaper and bathroom decor scream 80's) and in major need of maintenance, repairs and upgrades. The place was clean, but not at all comfortable. The rooms are all different sizes due to a meandering central hallway and all of the rooms are rather narrow. The bathroom layout is horrible with the door just barely clearing the front of the toilet and does not open completely because of the curved shower curtain.

The shower in our first room barely had any water pressure, so we asked for a room change. The front desk staff was resistant to changing our rooms and said they could have maintenance look at the shower - but maintenance wouldn't be on site for until the next day. We had to insist on check out another room to verify the shower worked sufficiently prior to moving. Again, they were resistant, since they would need to have housekeeping wipe the shower dry afterwards. Rather than try to accomodate their guests, they try to ensure that they are not inconvenienced!!

We ultimately did switch rooms, but were forced to move to the street side of the hotel, since the staff insisted the hotel was full and had no vacant interior rooms. Considering how empty the parking lot was - no more than 6 cars - I find their claims very hard to believe. My guess is it would have been too much of an inconvenience to them for us to view other rooms - that or they only had one room with a decent showerhead.

One of the reasons we stay at Choice Hotels is for the continental breakfasts. Well, at this location, it is served in the tiny lobby near the front desk. The food selection is very limited - waffles, two cereal choices, oatmeal and danishes - no fruit, no hardboiled eggs. There is barely enough room for two people to access the area at one time and that is only if there is no guest at the front desk. Also, there is no place to sit. Trays are provided to bring food up to your room; however, there is room and seating at the room desk for only one person.

There are plenty of other hotels in the area and I'd much rather spend a few more dollars for a more enjoyable stay. I would not return to this hotel nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff, room size, staff, decor, staff
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Azure? Share your experiences!