“Disappointed.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Mountain View
Albuquerque, NM
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The good: Polite front desk staff; okay breakfast with fruit, oatmeal, waffle iron, cereal, pastries.
The bad: worn wood on furniture, doors and frames; outdated (dark rooms and dark carpet, mauve tub/toilet/sinks); very small, un-enticing pool and dirty-appearing hottub set in the shadows just a few feet from the ground-level parking lot; lobby is so small that one cannot sit or eat breakfast there; dingy hallway carpeting; dirt collected at entry way, elevator grooves.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Essex County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

If you're looking for a low cost hotel, with clean rooms and great customer service - this is the hotel for you. Free internet access, CVS right around the corner and Starbucks..nice all around.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Oak Ridge, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

The building is older and smells musty. No exercise room and the "breakfast area" is just a counter across from the front desk. Our room was on the front of the building and we did not hear traffic noise. The linens were above average and the tv was an updated flat screen. Internet worked fine. Our college student son is living in Mountain View with several college friends and we went out to visit. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The price of $85 (total) per night was the only reason we did not move to the Holiday Inn Express down the street. We had several more days in California and decided to stay with this cheaper hotel for these three days. The stairwell was crowded with mattresses and janitor supplies that you had to step around. On Sunday morning, my husband went down for coffee and witnessed an argument between a woman who wandered in off the street and a man who followed her in to the lobby. The neighborhood is fine but I guess the locals feel free to drop in. Also, the breakfast that was advertised to be available at 6 am was not available by 6:30 am on Sunday (we were leaving early San Francisco and had hoped for a quick coffee). Sunday night was supposed to be a higher rate than the weekend but it was easy to convince the man at the desk to give us the weekend rate. There were fewer cars in the parking lot on Sunday night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

This motel's management is unaccommodating. I stayed here for one night in May 2010, and the bathtub would not drain, forcing me to shower in used water. When I checked out, I asked for some kind of accommodation for the problem. After the unhelpful staff clerk initially told me she could do nothing because the manager was not there, he then emerged from the back room and after much dickering begrudgingly promised me a 10% discount on my next stay. He signed a business card so stating. When I later made a new reservation to stay there in early July, however, the staff indicated I would have to negotiate this all over again when I checked in.

I'd also note that the breakfast offering is quite meager and there are no tables to sit at in the minsicule space directly in front of the front desk.

There are better alternatives in the same vicinity that are as reasonably priced but are more acccommodating.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I usually stay in 4 star hotels and this was a first time as I flew in late and was leaving early so no need to spend the corporate dollars needlessly. I had to fedex 4 heavy boxes ahead to this hotel. They were already in my room for me. (never happens like this at any hotels) The man checking us in was extremely pleasant. No charge to park and plenty available. Free breakfast (including a wafflemaker with fresh batter) The bed was great the room was clean. It was a terrific stay and I am thinking why bother with all the "amenities" at the 4 stars that really arent that great....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Very comfortable, mid-range hotel. ("Business center" is a computer and printer in the quite small lobby. "Breakfast area" is squeezed into the same space.) Decent sized rooms. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful (I have some specialized dietary needs that they helped me with. Gave me a very late checkout with a reasonable part day charge).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
So Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

This room was exactly what we needed. Honestly, who cares about the tight parking, I'm staying in the room not the garage area. The staff is very friendly and HONEST too, my traveling companion left his entire LIFE in a fanny pack on the counter, the clerk dutifully saved it for him in the back. Talk about a lifesaver! I'm talking wallet, credit cards, cash, checkbook.
The beds were super comfortable, we both slept like babys. The housekeeping is superb, thorough and friendly to boot. It was definitely a "we are here for a quiet stay" hotel, no partying, no noise, no problems at all. Any requests are handled immediately and with a smile no matter the time. When I come back in a few months I will definitely want to stay here. They have a nice waffle machine in the lobby so you can make breakfast, 3 kinds of coffee ready to go, internet computer which everyone uses at will. Yes the pool is small but honestly I'm not there to swim either. And there is a jacuzzi.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Azure? Share your experiences!