“Rice not included?!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Amber India Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 297 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cross street: Between Rengstorff & Ortega Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Rice not included?!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I ate here twice during my two week stay in Palo Alto, and would probably go back again. BUT... while the food was very good, it was more pricey the second time, because we were charged extra for the plain white rice that I believe was included with each entree the we ordered the first time we ate there. I even questioned the waiter about it, and he insisted that rice is an extra charge. I've been to a lot of Indian restaurants and have never experienced this, so left feeling a little cheated.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cupertino, California
“Very Good Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Located in an unassuming strip shopping center, it is worth looking for. The menu was extensive with both meat and vegetarian choices. As noted by other reviewers, there were many Indian diners at this restaurant. With many choices, we settled on one of the complete dinners and a traditional lamb curry and an eggplant vegetarian dish. First - the portions are large (we had to take home almost 1/2 of our food) Second - the food was delicious. The vegetarian dishes were quite flavorful - the non-vegetarians enjoyed them. The service was pleasent and efficient without rushing. We'll be back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Always busy, this restaurant offers a comprehensive menu and absolutely great food. Their lamb dishes are very well done; appetizers are generally very good indeed. Their take-out service is quick and efficient - they also have a take-out buffet option for the lunch time rush.

Visited January 2012
Mountain View, California
“Yum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is consistently one of the better Indian restaurants in my experience... I've taken quite a few folks there and they all agree and have been back... sometimes without me!

Visited January 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“Good choice for Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

First off, let me note that a number of Indian groups were eating here, always a good sign for an ethnic restaurant. I found Amber India to be a very pleasant and effectively operated restaurant with a good mix of Indian cuisine. I ate here with a group of colleagues and we sampled 5 different preparations, 2 chicken, 1 eggplant, 1 lamb, and 1 vegetarian along with a sampler of the kinds of Naan offered. All were quite good. We did not try the Tandoor offerings and the menu did not include dosa (southern Indian) The meal was certainly on par with other Indian cuisine I've experienced, deserving of a 4-star rating.

• Visited May 2012