“Nice Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Gilroy, California
“Nice Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here while my wife was in Stanford Hospital. It s the usual Hampton Inn. Breakfast was good and the bag breakfast/lunch was a nice touch which I used. The staff was very nice. Service was excellent. The only negative was that we checked in on a Sunday and the heat was turned off in the room. It had been a few cold days and it took a while to get it warm.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise (I am not), the first floor facing the highway can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel was quiet and clean. The breakfast was actually pretty good as well. The front desk was nice enough to upgrade my room. The only downside was that he hot water takes almost 5 minutes to actually become hot....very weird. Other than that this place is good stuff. My company stays here all the time when we're in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with everything about this hotel. From the friendly staff, to the location, rooms, comfy beds, and the food provided daily. The Breakfast was unreal. From hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, waffles, fresh fruit, potatoes, and the coffee bar and juices. Then the light dinner at night, which was always very good too. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed November 2012
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites at Moffett Field for New Years Eve. We had a dinner party in near-by downtown Mountain View, a short 4 block walk from the hotel if you care not to drive. The hotel is far from any freeway, so the traffic noise was non-existent. The room was spacious and bed and linens very comfortable. The room was big enough for a sitting area but there was only one side chair. The breakfast was good but the lobby is being refurbished so there was a bit of construction going. Nothing that should stop your stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you are a light sleeper, do not stay here. On the second floor, I could hear people walking up and down the hallway all night long (at first I thought it was the person above me but I now believe it was people walking on my floor). If the floor is that thin that you can hear the "thump thump thump" of footsteps in your room, you are not going to get a peaceful night's sleep.

The "breakfast buffet" and "dinner" was nothing impressive. In fact, I couldn't really eat "dinner" except for the nondescript "salad" of iceberg lettuce and cheap dressing. Breakfast was just as bad, although I loved the POG juice!

On the plus side, the room was a decent size and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Fortunately I was staying there for only one night, so I could deal with getting only three hours of sleep.

The rate is cheap so if cost is important, this hotel could be a good bet for you. I'm not so sure I'd recommend this hotel unless there is nothing else. I was not impressed. It just didn't seem to be a "business class" hotel that my office typically puts me in. With a lousy night's sleep, less than impressive breakfast and dinner options, I'm not so sure I'll return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and I must say, I was impressed.

The price is great. My room was spacious, clean and as expected for a Hampton Inn. I checked the bed for bed bugs--there were none to be found. They had complimentary wifi.

My only complaint was the bathroom. During my stay, they were in the process of remodeling, and when I tried to take a shower, brown water came out of the shower faucet. Upon alerting the staff, they informed me that they had shut off the water for a short period and just turned it back on-which is why it's discolored. Also, I pointed out that the tub was dirty from the dirty water. The staff fixed the water problem, and cleaned the tub for me instantly.

I'm very particular about cleanliness at hotels and the shower situation bothered me a great deal. However, I was pleased with the reaction time, and immediate turn around on fixing the issue.

My room included a continental breakfast, which was set up in one of their dining rooms. The breakfast was a buffet including boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, yoghurt, bagels and cream cheese, coffee, tea among other things. The selection was nice.

At checkout, I was given a discount to my room and apologies as well.

Overall, the experience was positive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Culver City, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Good rooms - clean and large. Nice staff. Not a luxury hotel obviously but a good place to stay with the kids for when you are in town to visit family in the area. Good breakfast buffet. Loved the breakfast to go bags for our car ride back home.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View? Share your experiences!