“great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Palo Alto, California
“great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

what a wonderful place to stay! Everyone who works there is so sweet and accommodating- which makes such a difference! The rooms have everything you could need and there is a delicious breakfast served in the morning. I now live in this area and have my family stay here every time they come visit. You can't get a better deal anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wendy L, General Manager at Camino Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Karyn,

It is great to see testimonials like yours, who appreciates a wonderful hotel experiences worth sharing to others. Thank you for commending our friendly staff and delicious breakfast!
We are glad to have happy customers such as you. We are looking forward to provide your referrals an equally high-quality experience!
Again, our sincerest thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I love the Camino Inn and Suites. The room is very comfortable, clean,
and spacious. The office staff could not be nicer and the breakfast is fantastic. I am so happy with the accommodations and plan to come again soon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear BarbiYell,

Thank you for your positive review! Our goal is to make sure that every guest feels welcome throughout their stay. We do want to be your "home away from home"!
We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Please return soon.
Best wishes from all of us at Camino Inn & Suites.
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I am very please with my stay. The room was clean. Staff was friendly and breakfast was so much more than I expected. Fresh fruits, waffles, pancakes, eggs, cereal, sausages, bagels, donuts and more... Location is convenient to Stanford University and Hospital. Prices are more than reasonable. There are varieties of restaurants and Walgreen near by. Everyone was more than happy to help . Wi-Fi signal was strong. I'll definitely come back to stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Wendy L, General Manager at Camino Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Favored555,
Thank you for taking your time to write up this great review! Our staff works very hard to give
our guests a positive experience from the time you check-in to your departure.
We are proud of our breakfast value, and glad that you are pleased with your stay at our hotel.
We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Booked this room looking for something reasonably priced on a week night in Mountain View. It's an older hotel, but the room I was in was very clean and well maintained. The bathroom floor seemed to have radiant heat, I don't know if that's really the case or just a coincidence, but I didn't my not freezing my feet on the tile floor. I was also surprised with large Jacuzzi in the room. Nice way to relax at the end of the day. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful on check-in. Should I find myself in Mountain View on a weeknight would definitely look to book another night in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear NPUDF,
Thank you for your comments! We are glad that you had an opportunity to experience the
Jacuzzi, it is a special feature in some of our rooms.
Thank you for commending our friendly and helpful front desk staff.
We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was my second stay in this area and we will always come back to Camino Inn and Suites. The experience was exceptional. Staff was fantastic, breakfast was much more than expected, bed was comfortable (!), lovely grounds, a variety of restaurants in walking distance, had a meeting in the breakfast area and it was the perfect large quiet area. Cannot say enough about how I was treated by the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear jlm798,
Thank you for your great review and glad that you are one of our frequent customers!
We have worked hard to improve our breakfast with variety and value.
Our hotel staff will be happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated.
As always, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Kinderhook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I just returned from Mountain View and seven nights at the Camino Inn and Suites. I chose the Camino Inn because of its convenient location, overall favorable Tripadvisor recommendations, and affordable price. I was not disappointed. Now, if you're looking for fancy and really modern and updated, this is not the place for you. If you are, however, looking for a clean, very affordable room in a safe, convenient location, then the Camino Inn is an excellent choice. The included breakfast is nothing fancy, but the food is fresh and abundant, including eggs, fresh fruit, and bagels. Tea and coffee are available all day. The breakfast area is also very clean. The wi-fi, while not super strong, is definitely workable. I was also impressed with the helpfulness of the staff. Everyone was more than happy to help. I have to send a special thank you to Kat. My flight from NY was very delayed, and she made my very late check-in extremely pleasant. I'll definitely stay at the Camino Inn and Suites again.

Room Tip: My room was a first-floor room facing away from the road, and it was pretty quiet. If you're pa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Wendy L, General Manager at Camino Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear JPK6,
Thank you very much for your review! Your review is spot-on, we
couldn't have written it better ourselves! We are happy that you
enjoyed your stay and had the right expectations. We look forward to
seeing you on one of your trips to the Bay Area again.
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have stayed here for few days on a business trip.
Let me start from the bottom line - do not stay here! They have bed bugs :( Maybe it is not going to happen to you but it is simply not worth taking the risk. I suffered from this for about 2 weeks, you don't want that!

Yes, the staff are friendly. Sure, the price is reasonable, and the rooms are ok. But there is no need to risk it! I have stayed in few other places around this area, and there are alternatives without any bed bugs.

Sure, I told them. And they apologized but that didn't help me, did it? I didn't get any compensation and I am never coming back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Camino Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!