“Worse than others in the area” 3 of 5 stars

Camino Inn and Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1984 W. El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040-2002   |
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Worse than others in the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I'd like to say that I am not a pretentious traveler. I need a bed and a bathroom in most cases. And I am not squeamish.

The suite I was given had 2 comfortable beds, a kitchen with sink, oven, microwave, medium-sized fridge. Also iron with a board and a hairdrier hidden in a drawer.

The place was quite worn, visibly so. Maybe because I was in the farthest wing which looks different on the outside, I don't know.

What I really didn't like was that the sink was dirty - not permanent stains but little remains of something which someone decided was not worthy cleaning. There was a long dark hair in the very middle of the bath tub. Also in the tub there was a cap from a shampoo tube. These 3 things I consider very poor form for any hotel.

Another tiny detail was that my room was booked and prepaid by a colleague of mine. The person at the reception insisted that they had no card data, so I had to pay right then and there. Which I did, only to discover on the next day that it was entirely unnecessary. I was reimbursed alright, but this is not the way to do it. For comparison, on the next day I moved to another hotel which acknowledged that the room was prepaid. The process was the same for both hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed in Camino Inn for more than three weeks, and the only reason why i could stay in a motel for so long was due to the quality of services. Rooms are good & comfortable. Staff is polite and always ready to serve their best. Breakfast menu is same every day but its good enough to meet everyone`s demand. Location of this motel is also quite nice ,as its very close to Mountainview downtown. A lot of options are there for dining. In general i had i nice experience and being on the El Camino Real i always felt connected and could travel to near by cities quite easily.

Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hotels in this area are mostly terrible. If you like taking baths, this is definitely the place for you. If you like spending time in the bathroom in general, maybe not, since the only light in there is in two rows of incandescent bulbs around the mirror (think oven).

The Internet is often unusable, as others have remarked. Probably because there's essentially no password; I bet the whole neighborhood is on that thing.

Cleanliness is not their strong suit. I killed a winged termite on the wall on day one (right next to a light) and its carcass was there for the rest of my stay. However, nothing looked gross and there was no evidence of former guests.

I got a room on the second floor which has a very narrow hallway/balcony. One night, they had left the cleaning cart up there, which was a nuisance to say the least---a person can barely get by, never mind with any luggage. The managers should be more attentive to what their employees are doing.

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

It's a pretty large motel with some single and 2-level buildings. We stayed 2 nights and unfortunately had a loud guest above us who we could hear talking loudly and walking around from 6am onward (= no sleep for us) on the second night. Next time I would request a room in one of the single-level buildings. Also, the towel rack fell down in the bathroom. A big plus was the jacuzzi bathtub and awesome shower. We didn't use the jacuzzi but it was big enough for 3 people. The wifi was good. The TV reception not so good. The front desk service varied from cold and somewhat rude to lukewarm. They always seemed to have something better to do. We didn't partake in the breakfast but it looked pretty standard. The location is good - right on a main thoroughfare with a Panera Bread and Starbucks within walking distance. Also, it's not too far from the old town district of Mountain View which is nice for shopping and dining. Overall, a pretty comfortable stay and about the best you can do for the price in this area.

Room Tip: Get a room in one of the single-level buildings to minimize possible noise from guests above or belo...
Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I spent one night at the Camino Inn and I was quite impressed by it. The room was exceptionally quiet, the bed really comfortable, everything very clean and nice. The grounds are green and attractive and the staff totally pleasant. After spending some time in this area, this motel looks like a real bargain for the price. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Minden, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel on a business trip. The hotel was older but the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom could use some updating. The bed was very comfortable and it was very quiet. There is a huge Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom which was old but nice. We were not happy with how this was handled. We came back late one night after working a 12 hour day to find the door to our room open. The door was off the hinges. Barely hanging on by 1 hinge. Either the maid didn't ell maintenance or maintenance didn't fix it. Either way our room was left open all day and we had to change rooms after a long day. The front desk person acted like too bad. We had him take pictures of the door in case something went missing since the door would not close we did not want to be responsible. I have mixed feelings about this place. We might stay here again, right now I am not sure. I am just glad all of our belongings were still there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Location is awesome, just a few minutes walk to bus stop and lots of restaurant and drugs store in a minutes walk. Staffs are nice, guests can use business centre for free ( print, scan). Breakfast is same menu and very simple, but at least it helps us to fill our morning starving before starting our activities. The only things that is bothering is the room is not clean especially the carpets that seems never being vacuum. Thus,, for your stay in here dont forget to bring your slipper, otherwise your feet will be totally filled by black dust.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Camino Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!