“Better value than competitors” 4 of 5 stars

Camino Inn and Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1984 W. El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040-2002   |
Ranked #6 of 23 hotels in Mountain View
saratoga, ca
“Better value than competitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Compared to all other hotels in the area and price range, this one is among the best.

I very much like this hotel. The night staff, Zal, Wendy and the young lady who works nights are all very friendly and helpful and just great to talk with.

What puts this hotel over the top for me is that (for the same price of competitor hotels) every room includes a large Jacuzzi bath. I haven't used the bubbles, but I'm too tall for a regular tub and the big tub is a real treat. I never fail to take advantage of this luxury when I stay, and I've never seen any tub not working. This winter, I often come to the hotel shivering with cold since I work after hours when they turn down the heat. A good hot soak is just the best way to end the day, and some compensation for not being home.

Not to get you overly excited, this interiors are recently refurbished to an otherwise average level, and clean. I have often experienced (what appear to be) broken lamps, broken light bulbs (I swap light bulbs with those in the bathroom), non-functional clock radio, non functional telephone. They always happily offer to fix these things after I leave, and I have no reason to doubt them. Last night, the toilet stopped up on the first flush and made a huge mess. It would be nicer if maintenance or housekeeping would check these items so I don't have to do all the reportage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Capitola, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We chose this hotel for our recent trip to Mt. View solely because of the pet policy. It was only ten dollars a night and added onto an already low price it was a real deal.
Truthfully if we weren't with a dog there are several other properties on this stretch of the El Camino that have more amenities, such as a pool, that you can find in the same price range. I know this is true because we've stayed in most of them.
The Camino Inn though was perfectly suited for us. the bed was big and comfy with lots of pillows and nice bedding. The bathroom had good towels, a big one for me and was fairly recently remodled. There was even a large jacuzzi tub. Unfortunately we never found the timer to use the jacuzzi part.
Walls were kind of thin and rug was not even close to being new, maybe that's to do with it being a pet room?
Reception was pleasant, don't know about breakfast because as it was New Years we slept in.
This brings us to our only real complaint. We have stayed in hotels every NYE for 22 years and have always been granted a reasonable late checkout on New Years Day. Here they did not want to allow this, though they finally relented and let us stay til noon, but someone was at the door exactly at noon to make sure we were on our way out. Points off for this one.
My recommendation is, if you have a pet, great place, if not, check around first.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I will make a point of booking this hotel again for my upcoming visits to Palo Alto. The rooms were nice, the location was very good, but the friendly service was truly outstanding. Wendy Lee made me personally feel welcome and helped me sort out an unfortunate scheduling mishap. The difference between the usual bored and indifferent desk managers at other hotels could not be greater.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very nice and clean hotel,Full marks for cleanliness.
Location is good, nice service and facilities (my room even had a Jacuzzi ) wi-fi speed is good if you are staying in a room near reception.Hotel also has a small but well maintained gym. Breakfast is also good.The air conditioner in the room was a bit noisy at times.overall very satisfactory experience, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Had a nice stay the other night. Riom was clean and a good size, My only complaint were the neighbors I had on both sides of me. They were noisy till 2am. Oh well.

I do have to recognize one individual though, that really helped me out. She went out of her way to help me check in a little early so I could make an engagement I had planned. She was so nice and really understanding. So, Cecilia, thank you! You made my nights stay that much more enjoyable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Mountain Veiw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our Company, SF&A is here form Sacromento, We are constructing a structure at Palo Alto VA Hospitol. We looked around at most all places for a three month stay for six employee's. We are very satisfied with all room accomadations, parking and location for shopping centers and restruant locations. We are extremley satisfied with front desk operations, hospitality from Wendy Lee and Mr. Zal. Both will go out of their way to accomdate our company needs which for us; being out of towners. We will surely recommend this facility to other construction companies that may ask were we stayed.
Room service is great and rooms are clean, what more can you ask for !!!

Room Tip: Just ask Wendy Lee or Mr. Zal for comfort locations to suit your needs