“EXCELLENT value for your money.” 5 of 5 stars

Camino Inn and Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1984 W. El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040-2002   |
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Brussels, Belgium
“EXCELLENT value for your money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The hotel is nice and practical if you’re a family: there’s fridge and
a kitchenette in the ensuite rooms so that you fix a snack anytime.
The decoration is simple but not unpleasant – no frills, none of your
fussy bright gilded appliances and ornate bed spread:
at least it’s not tasteless -- and the California sunshine is magic
and compensates for the rather anonymous decoration!

The hotel has all the conveniences you can expect to find in a middle
row establishment.

EXCELLENT value for your money.
I’d recommend it if you want to use it as a base to visit Silicon
Valley, one of the cheapest place in Mountain View...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I was impressed by the lush landscaping and the charming pots of red flowers hanging from posts. The property is older, but management is trying to improve it. The conference/meeting room had old televisions stacked in it, and new carpet was being installed in some rooms during my visit. Fortunately, I heard no noise from the renovations. I stayed in an older room, and I found it to be clean enough. The bathroom had a window , and I enjoyed the daylight. The spa tub was huge and clean. I never could get enough hot water, however. I was warned about the lack of hot water by previous tripadvisor ratings. I was there from September 11-14th, 2011. Maybe things are better now. The wireless Internet service was so spotty that I gave up and checked my email in the lobby where there was always a good signal. They have a lobby computer that can be used to check email and print boarding passes at no charge, and I appreciated that. I believe I had the new improved breakfast that GM Scott Seymore wrote about in his response to another posting. He did, indeed, preside over breakfast himself. He was so smartly dressed in a business suit and tie that I first thought he might be a fellow business traveler who was making himself at home. During my trip I acquired an item that the TSA forbids in carry-on luggage. Mr. Seymore was kind enough to empty an oatmeal box so I could use it to pack and check my item. During my visit, I had problems with the electronic lock on my room, and they sent a pleasant man to replace the lock and some burnt-out bulbs too. One strange thing happened the night before I checked in, when my plane was delayed. I tried to call he hotel to be sure my reservation would not be canceled. Instead of reaching the front desk, I reached a guest who was trying to reach the front desk too. That was weird. I asked him whether it was a good place to stay and he said, "Its not my place to judge." He needs to get on board with tripadvisor! We love to judge.
The property has the tripadvisor logo displayed on the front door, which is brave because the ratings aren't the highest. I took as a sign that Mr. Seymore and the others are dedicated to improving the property and future ratings. I must admit, I could see the possibilities for the place. I wish I lived nearby so I could be their marketing manager. The aforementioned conference room is quite large, and would be a good setting for lunches and dinners for clubs or family events. I would even rent it to a start-up church on Sunday mornings. The kitchen appears to be a full sized catering kitchen, and I would partner with a caterer and take a cut of their action to have them cater special events in the meeting room. I was also intrigued by the outdoor service alley between the back of rooms. Each room could have its own tankless hot-water-on-demand heaters, installed outside. I would run the business case to see whether that would be more cost-effective than installing larger water heaters. I would be talking to the local utility companies to see what incentives might be available for energy efficient installations. I am sure Mr. Seymore is ahead of me on this, and I wish the best to him and all the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for one where they already replaced the water heater.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Don't be silly and expect a five-star hotel.
Considering the price, the room is clean and the personal jacuzzi is a bounce.
The location is convenient enough. One bus to Stanford and walking distance (10-15 mins) to San Antonio Shopping Mall.
Breakfast is pretty sad, but I was happy to get my daily fix of coffee.
The internet wireless is not really reliable. I only got signal on and off.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

In booking a hotel in the Silicon Valley, we were surprised by the prices. The Camino Inn was about $20/night less expensive than the next best hotel. With that in mind, we put up with the worn and tired rooms, but at least they were clean. The battle for hot water in the morning was another draw back. The breakfast offerings of coffee, cereal, pastry and some mornings toast with only butter were poor at best, but the savings made up for the lack of the breakfasts other chains may offer. The staff were friendly and maintenance was quickly sent up to the room when requested to fix a problem. The wi-fi in the lobby was excellent, and it was located right in the centre of everything we need. While not the Ritz, it was an adequate place to sleep while visiting family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Scott S, General Manager at Camino Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for the opportunity to post an update.
Since your last visit we have installed two (2) new water heaters and repaired a third. Our Deluxe Continental Breakfast has also been upgraded by adding Fresh Fruit, Oatmeal, Fresh Donuts, Bagels & Cream Cheese and a morning Host. I personally handle the Host duties on most mornings. Also significant is the fact that the hotel is now under the direction of Hotel Managers Group, an established leader in Hospitality Management based in San Diego, CA. I recently joined the Hotel as it's new General Manager and am busy making improvements daily.
Lomabrd, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Ok the price of this place can't be beat and if your willing to accept worn and out-of-date furnishings and the possibility of no hot water then consider this place. We reserved 2 rooms and the room my wife, I and teenage son stayed in was a bit scruffy and stained but clean. My parents stayed in another building, there are several here, and never got hot water for the spa bath, the TV had terrible reception and there calls to the desk got no help to fix either problem. Even though we booked for 2 nights and there is a no cancelation policy we were able to get the motel to cancel the 2nd night after calling all afternoon to move my parents to another room and they couldn't do it. And the breakfast is meager at best, they only put out small portions as guest come into the lobby to apparently discourage guests from eating too much. Stingy and cheap. Stay here if money is your biggest concern over wise there are far better close by.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Scott S, General Manager at Camino Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
The Camino Inn & Suites is under new management as of August 15. Hotel Managers Group of San Diego has taken over the operation of the Hotel. Many new changes have already taken place that will directly impact the quality of the guest experience. We are more than confident that these changes willearn your trust and further consideration in the future when planning a trip to the Mountain View, Silicon Valley area.

Scott Seymore
Camino Inn & Suites
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

If you don't mind a bit of filth it is a convenient place to stay and the front desk guy was great. I had called to make sure there was a coffee maker in the room before I got on the road and they said there was. When I got there at 9 pm there was not so the guy at the front desk dug one up for me. The room had some extremely frightening drizzles on the box springs, the carpets were very nasty looking and the tub corner had some nasty black mold. FILTHY. Thank goodness it was cheap. The "breakfast" was a joke. There was coffee, a bowl of rotten bananas and 1 glazed doughnut left. Bring your own food and a can of lysol.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

very good customer services front desk clerk (sharishma) she was very awesom very good attitude, helpful. i check in on 19th january with my clients n friend. she greeted us very nice way first the hotel was so nice when i walked in. we have 2 rooms reserved by phone i called her around 5pm she talk to my staff very kindly way so we are so impressed with her, new bed, new carpet, very big Jacuzzi in the room worked very good. very quite place to stay. room was very clean.

advice to all go and stay in that hotel very cheap, and very clean, GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICES ON THE FRONT DESK (thanks to front desk clerk Sharishma).

kris joe
coldwell broker
washington, DC

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Camino Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!