“Good bang for the buck in this area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View

You added Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 East El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040 (Formerly Homestead Mountain View)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good bang for the buck in this area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

In town for 2 weeks on business and had a limited expense account to work with. It was important to me to have a place with a kitchen, and I ended up being very satisfied with ESA. This place was recently renovated, and they did a good job. The finishes inside are better than I expected for the price. The kitchen utensils are pretty lacking. Plan on buying paper plates and plastic silverware. No big deal. The one annoying thing was that I paid $20 for upgraded wireless Internet service, only to find out (by calling the corporate help desk that was outsourced to what sounded like India) that it was limited to one device only. If I wanted upgraded speed for my phone, laptop, and iPad, it would be $60. Not very cool but really the house wifi is ok. I haven't been streaming videos, though. Parking is good, the grounds are well kept. Housekeeping is not every day, but you can pay for it anytime you new an extra clean. Everything I need is close by, and the staff has been very helpful with printing documents for me. It's not the Four Seasons, but I am very happy with the value compared to other hotel pricing in the area. I will definitely stay here if I come back for business again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff is very useful and the room that I had (got a free upgrade) was spacious and comfortable. Everyone at the checkin desk was super friendly and helpful. The hotel is kinda hard to find at first, but it's located in a very nice spot, close to loads of shops where to buy food or take away restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of Extended Stay America Mountain View, Ca. I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. We pride ourselves on being the leader in service and value while providing clean, comfortable accommodations for you. It is our pleasure to have guests such as yourself tell us and everyone how great your stay was. We hope that if you are ever in the Mt View area again that you will give us the opportunity to have you stay with us. With many thanks and Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America Mountain View, CA
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this location for business, and this was my first time to stay at an extended stay. The hotel I normally book through was full, but it was in the same location so I thought I would give it a try. Given it's price (quite reasonable for the area), I didn't expect so much for the money.

Overall, the location is great. Right in Mountain View off of El Camino, which has several different grocery and dining locations nearby. It's slightly difficult to get to if you're traveling south on El Camino, but the turn isn't too far or difficult to make so really no big deal.

The inside was nicely updated, clean, and had everything you might need for a few days stay (pots/pans for the kitchenette, desk area + free wifi, etc.) comfy bed and pillows and most importantly a great staff. Although I was scheduled to stay the week, I ended up leaving early due to becoming ill. When I informed the staff of this change, they willingly worked with me and were more than accommodating. Brandy, the manager, personally assisted me with my changes and was such a delight to work with.

If I ever need a place to stay in the Mountain View area again, I would absolutely stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Jessica,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff at Extended Stay America Mountain View. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was cut short due to illness but glad to know that Brandy and her staff were able to be accommodating and understanding when you needed to check out early. All our staff is hand selected when they are hired for their abilities to ensure complete guest satisfaction each and every time a guest stays with us. Thank you again for letting us know we did a great job and we do hope that we are able to see you again on a future trip to California. With Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America Mountain View.
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

hi,

I have been staying in Extended stay (when it was homestead suites) from 2009. the experience got better every trip. the experience was made better by the Manager Brandy. she is always willing and goes extra mile to bring in the new customer. hats of to her, I don't want to stay anywhere else.

the hotel has become upgraded and initial internet issues were resolved now. the hotel also gives complimentary free local calls, which is great for consultants.

The rates are very affordable and hotel is very flexible in their rates. its close proximity to restaurants, medical shops, public transports makes it a fine stay.

Regards
srikanth

Room Tip: always go for first floor and on same block as office room.
Srikanth,

Thank you so much for your recent review of Extended Stay America Mountain View. It gives us such great pleasure to be able to have guests like you stay with us stay after stay. Our goal is to provide a clean comfortable room for you to feel at home in when you’re with us. Our internet has indeed been upgraded again and we are proud to say that all previous issues with connectivity and speed seem to have been resolved with that upgrade. We hope you will continue to stay with us when you’re in the US from India. Our many thanks, the Management & Staff at Extended Stay America Mountain View, CA.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently stayed here for business and was very pleased with the service and rooms. My room was very clean and recently remodeled. The room was basic, large bed, couch, bathroom, small kitchen, and an dining table. I had no problem accessing the free wifi that some reviews mentioned was a problem. Each room is self catering so don't expect a maid to come in and make your bed every day. If there was something I think they could improve on, it is a bit more training for their employee's, some of them seemed a bit uninformed about hotel policy and meeting the needs of the guests. Other then that if I need to stay here again I totally would without giving it a second thought.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We would like to extend our thanks for your kind words about your stay at Extended Stay America Mountain View, CA. I am happy to hear that your stay was a great one and that you found our recently renovated rooms fresh and clean and just what you needed for a comfortable stay. We also recently upgraded our internet service so that guests do not experience the slower connections as in the past. It sounds as if that was the ticket to making sure our guests were able to access the internet without incidence. Thank you for letting us and other travelers know it worked great! We pride ourselves on providing an excellent value to each guest each stay. Thank you again for your kind review, we look forward to seeing you again. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America, Mountain View, CA.
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been here for 3 months. This place is great from the service to the professionalism exhibited by the employees. I have had a room with a king-sized bed, as well as, a sofa(bed). The room is clean and is spacious with plenty of room for my belongings. The area is quiet and there is always someone here 24 hrs. I have had the opportunity to meet pretty much all of the staff, all excellent. From Perla, who works mornings, and always brings me banana nut muffins from the back, to Brad, who works afternoons, to Jeremy, who works weekends/nights. Best of all the manager/boss, Brandy, is always in a good mood, and quickly resolves problems. I will definitely come here again especially if I get reward points.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Extended Stay America Mountain View. We are so pleased that our staff was so pleasant and helpful during your stay with us. We strive to provide the best customer service coupled with clean, spacious guest rooms for all our guests stay after stay. Our company prides itself on going above and beyond and making our hotels a home away from home for you. We hope that you do come back to stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to the Mountain View area. With Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America Mountain View, CA.
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Basic hotel but all you coould ask for. Room was extremely clean, updated, and had a comfortable bed. Small but adequate kitchen. Staff was fantastic. Location is not bad but can be a bit hard to access. I had been to this hotel 10+ times and would stay there again. Only thing I would like would be for TV to have more stations to chose from.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Mountain View, CA. I am happy to hear that you are a repeat guest of ours who finds our hotel and staff to be accommodating and just what you need for each of your stays. We pride ourselves on making all our guests feel at home and comfortable each and every stay. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our TV channel selections and we want you to know that we hear your request and we are always looking for ways to improve the amenities that we offer our guests and we will take your comments up to our corporate office for review. Thank you again. We look forward to having you back at our Mt View CA location for all your future stay to the area. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Mt View.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View? Share your experiences!