“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Strata Mountain View

You added Hotel Strata Mountain View to your Saves list
Hotel Strata Mountain View
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   93 West El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Mountain View (Town Center))   |
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Lubeck, Germany
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a family business, and that is what they made me feel like: Being part of the family. Everyone is going beyond the call of duty to make you feel welcome and have a nice stay. If you need something, just go to the front desk (or call it) and you will be helped.

All in all I will book the Strata again and again :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Mr Matthias K,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to put your review regarding your experience at our property. We thank you for being a very loyal customer. We hope to continue serving you and always look forward to your suggestions or comments to keep on improving our services and amenities.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very simple: Clean, comfortable, nicely appointed accomodations; Exceptional 24 hour service; Reasonably priced; Terrific breakfast breakfast with healthy options & Blue Bottle coffee. Definitely my new home base in Silicon Valley!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Mr. DavidF,
thank you very much for your kind review, and we are extremely glad to have you as our loyal customer. We realize you have many choices and are glad that we met your expectations. We look forward to continue serving you on your future trip to Mountain View. We value our guests input very much, should you have any suggestions to improve any part of our business, please do let us know, thank you.
Westfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and I want to give a big shout out to Gladys! What a sweetheart! I checked in on Foursquare when I got there and I got a free teddybear to bring back to my daughter! Love it! I wasn't sure what to expect when we pulled up but I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in. The rooms where clean and quite and the continental breakfast was a full buffet! Fantastic. The hotel staff was amazing! Super friendly and very nice!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear CCTraveler2014,
thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we appreciate your feedback regarding Gladys. She is one of our employees who has been with us for more than 22 years, and we are proud to have her on our team. We are glad to have met your expectations and look forward to your future visit. If you have any suggestions to improve any part of our services, amenities or breakfast, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to your future visit.
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I typically stay at this property for work. I was staying at a another major hotel chain that was actually closer to my office, but even though I could accrue national points by staying there, the increasing prices and decreasing customer service drove me away. Strata has a quaint feel to it, that may seem unusual to the typical business traveler used to the national chains, but the service at Strata is beyond compare. They go out of their way to ensure that every one of your needs is met, before, during, and after your stay. Unlike the chains, they actually make you feel valued as a customer. It's a great value for the money in the area, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Chris G,
We appreciate your review and we are glad we met your expectations. We hope to continue improving in all sections of our operations and look forward to your future visit and serving you. With our new room renovations, all our guests will have higher level and state of art amenities in our rooms.
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I went to Mountain View because I had to go for the army. A Staff Sergeant I was meeting up with booked the hotel for himself and recommended I do to so we can carpool together, so I did. I was pleased I did. I was up there for just the weekend. I met the owner Saturday morning. He said they were doing a remodel and a lot of it was customer feed back and what they had done so far felt like there was customer input. He and his son both asked us for our input, which was nice they could ask us for our opinion. Sunday morning while sitting down, eating breakfast, my buddy asked for late check out for us and the owner said yes. A short time later, I went to the front desk to make sure we did get late check out, before I could even open my mouth, the lady, Em, behind the counter made sure we were still planning on having a late check out. Ivfound that very impressive he remembered who we were and made sure we got a late check out. They also had a great variety for breakfast, as if we were ordering from a restaurant. The showers were really nice too, they had one coming straight down from the ceiling. Even tho they were doing remodeling, it didn't seem like it because they didn't have any loud equipment around. I may have just missed the major stuff, but even for the things they were doing, it seemed prety quiet!!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hazmat1012
thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate you letting us know, about all the positive things at our property. This motivates us more to continue striving for higher grounds and raise the level of service and amenities, we can provide to our guests. Our approach, as you had mentioned, is to have our guests drive our renovation. After all, our guests are the ones using the rooms, and they are the ones, who should get to meet their needs. We do hope to serve you again on your future trip, and should you have any suggestions to improve in any area of our property or operations, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I recently stayed here for two weeks in one of their newly renovated rooms. The room was about as good as you can expect in any hotel. By that I mean it compares very favorably to hotels that cost 2 to 3 times as much, or more, in other cities.

The bed was very comfortable. The linen was always clean. The room was big and spacious. The TV was pretty big (50" I think). The room had hard-wood floors that were always clean. Lighting was very good. USB chargers available in the walls right above the bed-side vanity tables. Small work area with lamp and table. Also a small couch and coffee table. Bathroom was also nicely sized and very clean (shower windows were so clean I banged my head into them a few times because I didn't know they were there, no joke). Water pressure was good, and they have a pretty cool 3-way shower system. The room was also relatively quiet with good noise isolation.

On top of this, the hotel also includes free wireless internet that's super-fast, as well as free breakfast with a decent selection of hot and cold foods and snacks. There's also free juices and some cookies/doughnuts that are available 24/7. In addition, free printing, and the staff were all very friendly and accommodating.

If you're staying here for work purposes, there's also a free hotel-run shuttle service, and the hotel is within 5 minutes walk of a main bus stop on El Camino road where you can get free shuttles operated by some of the big tech companies in the area. So getting to work should be fairly pain-free. Besides that, it's a 20 or 30 minute walk to the main downtown area, or you could use one of the free bikes that the hotel also offers.

I'm writing this review from a major luxury hotel in San Francisco, that cost around 3 times as much. The room is noisier and not as clean. The internet is $15 a day. Breakfast and snacks cost $90 a day. The TV is smaller, and, well, you get the idea.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the rooms along the back, furthest from the road, which may be quieter than some...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Kufudo,
we thank you for taking the time to place your review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that we met your expectations and in someways, exceeded it. We at Hotel Strata are always looking for different ways to continue changing with guests needs, and should you have any suggestions, please feel free to let us know. We are still awaiting our new furniture for our newly renovated rooms, and with the new furniture, you will also have more desk space and many other wonderful and thoughtful amenities for your comfort. We do look forward to your future visit, and hope you will find our completed rooms much more practical and comfortable.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Strata for 3 months while I was on a business trip. Since I was booked under corporate rates, I had got a room with kitchen at a good rate. The Managers of the hotel have a great attitiude to customer service. Front desk staff were excellent, polite, considerate and co-operative. My room was in the first floor and there was good natural light and air entering my room. I did not feel claustrofobic at all during my stay and felt as if I was at home. The housekeeping staff were very prompt in cleaning the room. The rooms are now being refurbished and there are specific rooms which are disabled friendly. The most important that that I liked in this hotel is the Cisco IP phone that they had provided in every room. I was always on business calls and I had no problems through out my stay. I stayed in hotels like Hilton, Holiday Inn, Sheraton while I travelled to places like Chicago, Ohio. They were grandeur but lacked basic business needs which are good telephone connection and high speed internet. The internet speed was good and was provided free of cost of Hotel Strata

The hotel staff were considerate and provided basic utensils in the kitchen. Complimentary breakfast at hotel was good. The neighbourhood also has good hotels, pizza outlets. Bus stop is nearby and one can buy Clipper card for $3 at Walgreen's store to travel anywhere in . There is a 24 hour pharmacy close to the hotel, a super market all at a walking distance.

Hotel also has service assisted laundry at a nominal charge of $20 per bag. They wash and fold they clothes and deliver to you within 4-6 hours.

Overall great hotel to stay and kudos to Mr.Dilip Patel and his team.

Room Tip: Hotel Strata is ideal if you are on a business visit. You can focus on your work and leave the rest...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hi AjayM,
thank you very much for taking the time to put your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad that we met your expectations and as time goes we will keep on evolving with new guests needs to make sure that we will keep on meeting your needs as they change. In doing so we always are open to guests suggestions and comments. Should you have any suggestions to improve our property, please never hesitate to contact me or any staff member.
We look forward to serving you on your future trip.
GM

Been to Hotel Strata Mountain View? Share your experiences!