“Great location, amazing service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Strata Mountain View

You added Hotel Strata Mountain View to your Saves list
Hotel Strata Mountain View
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   93 West El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Mountain View (Town Center))   |
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Mountain View
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location, amazing service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was in MTV for business in early March and stayed at Hotel Strata for a few days. The rooms are nicely done up and are warm and inviting but what sets this hotel apart is the service. ALL the staff are so dedicated to helping to make your stay a pleasant one - the hotel manager was present himself at almost all breakfast times mingling with guests, ensuring that everything went smoothly and Em at the front desk was just the friendliest and most helpful person ever. I read one of the previous review's negative feedback that the staff at this hotel were discriminatory and I would like to categorically state that this was definitely not the case - we are a Chinese couple and were treated with more warmth and respect than at many of the five star hotels we have stayed in. This is a great place to stay and we will definitely be back here the next time we are in mountain view.

• Stayed March 2013
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Angsty,
I would like to thank you for expressing your feelings about our services and also about our quality. Your comments are always encouraging to us to continue and providing the best value to our guest, and keep on evolving with changing times. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your future visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It's 9:00 in the evening. I've just walked from our offices on Castro St to Hotel Strata--which would be a lovely evening stroll except I'm wearing my dress shoes! My body is still on Central time and all I want to do is crash .

And then…

It turns out I mistakenly made my reservation for 1 night (not 2). And when I arrived (a night “early”), there were no rooms available.

This is where Em enters into this story. She is the most amazing front-desk person I've ever encountered--going above and beyond in this situation. She immediately gets on the phone to find me another – comparable – hotel for the night. 1st hotel she calls, booked. 2nd call - she holds a room for me. Em offers to call more hotels to find something better/nearer. I'm too stunned at her enthusiasm to help me out--most places would leave me in the lobby with my phone. She then arranges for a taxi to drive me to this new hotel (3 miles away), and then – here's the real kicker – arranges for the Hotel Strata shuttle service to pick me up from the new hotel to get me to my offices in the morning.

Fast forward to night two, my actual stay at the Hotel Strata. I'm remembered by name, offered slippers (for the hardwood floors), bottled water, a sleeping mask… Again, stellar customer service. Note: This is a converted motel (as with most places in Mountain View and Palo Alto). But, once inside, you forget all that. The hotel room itself is a nice business space, along the lines of the classier Hiltons, Hyatts and Marriott's I've stayed at: Modern furnishings, Aeron style chair, one of the largest flat screen TVs I've seen in a hotel, and so on.

And…

Shuttle ride to the office the next morning, the driver (who I've never met) knows be by name, after I mention my booking mishap.

Yeah, Hotel Strata will be at the top of my list next time I return to Mountain View!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Stephenpa72,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give your review for your experience at our property. I also want to thank you for mentioning Em for her extra effort in assisting. We are very happy to have a good team in place who take pride in their work. Our hotel is evolving to become an upscale Boutique property and also "The Place" to stay in Mountain View, and comments like yours let us know, that we are on the right path. We always are looking for new ways and keep improving our services and amenities at our property, and would love to have your input in this matter.
Once again thank you and we look forward to your future visit.
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I really like this hotel...actually it is more of a motel. It's really a great place to stay and this will be my hotel of choice for the area. By far the best deal in the area. It's really, really clean (even the duvet, I love that) and the beds are super comfortable. They go above and beyond for customer service and give you the cutest welcome bag when you arrive...nice little slippers. But it does have a few quirks that may be a problem for some. So here are the pros and cons:

Pros: Excellent customer service; clean, clean, clean rooms; comfortable beds; great price; decent fitness room; yummy free breakfast; fun little goodie bag; free fruit, coffee and newpapers all day; free bikes for use; safe location; food store around the corner; lots of restaurants in the area; nice park around the corner.

Cons: thin walls- I could hear the people upstairs walking around...what the heck were they doing at 5:30am I do not know, but I heard them! They have laminate wood floors so it's amplified. Funky set up- It's a former motel so to increase security they have enclosed the bottom floor. It's glass so you can see outside but it really limits the amount of natural light in the room and gives the room a cave-like feel. It's not enclosed on the top floor. Lastly, they are doing construction so if you have to work in the room during the day you may not want to stay here.

Sooo...if you stay here be sure to bring your earplugs and ask for a room upstairs.

Room Tip: Select a room on the second floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TownCenter, Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Tgdow,
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at Hotel Strata. It is reviews like yours that keep us on our toes and help us improve our hotel; since we are continually trying to find ways to improve our guests' experience.

In regards to the noise above you, we are working on sound proofing the ceilings of the rooms. Originally we did install sound proofing under the hardwood type floors, that is used in acoustic sound rooms, however we did notice that hard tapping noise still comes through.

We look forward to serving you the next time you are in town and see that changes that are coming to Hotel Strata.

Management
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Excellent!!!! I think it will not be enough for this hotel. I stayed here multiple times in last 4 years and each time it just keeps getting better. The rooms are big, clean and with elegant upholstery. The morning breakfast which is on the house is perfect to start your day with a nice tasty food.

However, the most impressive part is the “Customer Service” as here it’s at the best! When you look at what you get, there is absolutely no comparison! Thumbs up, you will not be disappointed by our dear Mr. Patel.

I recommend this hotel to all who want a nice and amazing stay in Mountain view/Palo Alto.

Room Tip: All rooms are same but in the new building they are little more spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear ReprendraChauhan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you always have an excellent experience at Hotel Strata. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Mountain View/ Palo Alto area.

Dilip
yuba city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stumbled upon this place by Mistake thinking it was Holiday Inn, initially I was hesistant but was too late to look for another place. We recieved excellent service. Rooms were clean comfortable, staff was extremly helpfull, Brekfast was great had gluten free menu. I wish I was staying there for longer periods

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you putting your review for our property. We are glad you stumbled in at our property thinking you ere coming at a Holiday Inn Express. We parted company with IHG due to their restriction on our added services, breakfast items and amenities. After parting from IHG, we have increased our services, quality and amenities, giving our guests more value. WE were number one property when we were and IHG property and we still maintain that standing in this area in the Tripadvisor ranking. We continue evolving and keep on changing, giving our guests a fresh new look and a home away from home feeling.
We look forward to your next visit.
Hood River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The rooms are super quiet and comfortable. Love the hardwood floors. Service is top notch. I travel to the area regularly and they know me by name. Will always do whatever it takes to ensure I am satisfied. Highest recommendation, one of my favorite hotels anywhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TownCenter, Director of Sales at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear SethOR,
Thank you for making the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. It is guests like you that keep us motivated to continue to evolve to exceed our guests' expectations.
We look forward to your future trip to Mountain View.

Kirit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfect, people there treat you as family and make you feel like home. Very nice breakfast and provide shuttle service to Google and other places. Greetings from now and then to make sure you can get the best UX.

• Stayed February 2013
TownCenter, Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Brian_liang-Ni,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel Strata and look forward to serving you on your next visit to Mountain View.

Management

Been to Hotel Strata Mountain View? Share your experiences!