It's 9:00 in the evening. I've just walked from our offices on Castro St to Hotel Strata--which would be a lovely evening stroll except I'm wearing my dress shoes! My body is still on Central time and all I want to do is crash .
It turns out I mistakenly made my reservation for 1 night (not 2). And when I arrived (a night “early”), there were no rooms available.
This is where Em enters into this story. She is the most amazing front-desk person I've ever encountered--going above and beyond in this situation. She immediately gets on the phone to find me another – comparable – hotel for the night. 1st hotel she calls, booked. 2nd call - she holds a room for me. Em offers to call more hotels to find something better/nearer. I'm too stunned at her enthusiasm to help me out--most places would leave me in the lobby with my phone. She then arranges for a taxi to drive me to this new hotel (3 miles away), and then – here's the real kicker – arranges for the Hotel Strata shuttle service to pick me up from the new hotel to get me to my offices in the morning.
Fast forward to night two, my actual stay at the Hotel Strata. I'm remembered by name, offered slippers (for the hardwood floors), bottled water, a sleeping mask… Again, stellar customer service. Note: This is a converted motel (as with most places in Mountain View and Palo Alto). But, once inside, you forget all that. The hotel room itself is a nice business space, along the lines of the classier Hiltons, Hyatts and Marriott's I've stayed at: Modern furnishings, Aeron style chair, one of the largest flat screen TVs I've seen in a hotel, and so on.
Shuttle ride to the office the next morning, the driver (who I've never met) knows be by name, after I mention my booking mishap.
Yeah, Hotel Strata will be at the top of my list next time I return to Mountain View!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the 100% non-smoking Hotel Strata! Located on Rte 82 junction of Hwy 85 & 237 with easy access to Hwy 101 & 280, near Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Omnicell, Motorola, El Camino Hospital, Stanford, NASA Ames, Apple, Siemens and many Silicon Valley company, within proximity to more than 35 restaurants and shopping area. Complimentary pre-arranged shuttle weekdays within 6 mile radius. Bring the family & plan to stay with us during your Christmas & New Year holidays.For business or pleasure this Mountain View hotel features five different room types from which to choose, with all the modern conveniences. Rooms have hardwood type flooring, large flat panel TV/150 HD channels, DVD/CD player, 2-line conference speaker phone/voice mail, coffee/tea, microwave, refrigerator, pants press, and iron/ironing board. Relax in our luxurious beds with triple sheeting, goose down comforters multiple pillows with pillow menu. All rooms include complimentary high-speed Internet service over sized work desk & ergonomic chair. Join us each morning for a complimentary hot buffet breakfast with more than 50 items including signature coffee & cinnamon rolls. We also offer an on-site 24-hour full fitness center & swimming pool. Our 24 hour professional and courteous staff is always ready to meet and exceed guest expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Strata Mountain View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mountain View (Town Center) Hotel Mountain View
- Holiday Inn Mountain View
- Mountain View Holiday Inn