My manager usually stayed at this property and so I decided to check them out on TripAdvisor first. When I read all the reviews, I told myself, this is unreal, you can't have a place that everyone raves about. It isn't possible! I booked the rooms online (took literally 5 mins on their website), got the corporate discount applied promptly and our reservations were done. At the last minute, we had to extend our stay by a day in advance and I sent them an email, and it was done! :) All this is before I've even reached the hotel!
The hotel location is easy to find. Cabs from SFO airport take an average of $100-$130 to get there. If you plan to work from/stay in Mountain View for long (and know how to drive in US), it's best if you can rent a car at the airport and drive down rather than taking a cab. We rented a car at Avis the day after we arrived and that worked out much much cheaper. Plus Avis also allows you to drop off the car at the airport so you can save on cab fares both ways. There's Castro Street a couple of streets away from the hotel where you can find many restaurants to dine at. The hotel also has a handy list of restaurants that you can call up and get food delivered to your rooms.
We chose the 2 Queen Bed room (2 of us were sharing the room). The room was super spacious, with a closet, decently sized kitchenette complete with a 4 burner gas stove, plates, cutlery, a refrigerator, microwave, coffee kettle! The bathroom again was smartly designed with the bathtub quite a distance away from the basin. They had a work desk with a portable laptop stand (to work from the bed)! What I loved was the ample plug points that they had provided for! It's so convenient when you don't have to hunt for points in the rooms. The lights had switches at the right heights and the right places too (I've stopped taking this for granted ever since my last few trips where the electrical layout is often the most poorly designed in the rooms). Their breakfast spread is delicious (try the pancakes, I gorged on the cinnamon raisin bread with cream cheese spread each day), the pantry in the lobby has coffee, tea and some cold snacks like yogurt and buns in case you need a midnight snack!
But you know what you'll remember when you stay here and when you leave? Their service. If there was one word I could attribute to what I experienced here, it was "home". Everyone welcomes you with a genuine smile that goes beyond the 'How're you'! Dilip Patel, the GM is the most humble, courteous person I've met! He actually greets all guests during breakfast and is looking to make your stay better! On our first day to work, we got lost (Yay for GPS-based directions that don't work!) and after a few wrong attempts, we gave up and called him for help, instead of taking the easy route by giving us more instructions, he actually drove to us and led us to our office! I don't know anyone else who would've made that choice! They also offer a shuttle service to get you to work (and of course to bring you back) as long as you confirm it with them in advance.
I know my review sounds like I'm overtly excited (with all my exclamation marks) but seriously, this has been the best ever service I've experienced so far! Thank you Dilip, Kirit, Em (and I'm forgetting everyone else's names but know that I thank you guys!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the 100% non-smoking Hotel Strata! Located on Rte 82 junction of Hwy 85 & 237 with easy access to Hwy 101 & 280, near Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Omnicell, Motorola, El Camino Hospital, Stanford, NASA Ames, Apple, Siemens and many Silicon Valley company, within proximity to more than 35 restaurants and shopping area. Complimentary pre-arranged shuttle weekdays within 6 mile radius. Bring the family & plan to stay with us during your Christmas & New Year holidays.For business or pleasure this Mountain View hotel features five different room types from which to choose, with all the modern conveniences. Rooms have hardwood type flooring, large flat panel TV/150 HD channels, DVD/CD player, 2-line conference speaker phone/voice mail, coffee/tea, microwave, refrigerator, pants press, and iron/ironing board. Relax in our luxurious beds with triple sheeting, goose down comforters multiple pillows with pillow menu. All rooms include complimentary high-speed Internet service over sized work desk & ergonomic chair. Join us each morning for a complimentary hot buffet breakfast with more than 50 items including signature coffee & cinnamon rolls. We also offer an on-site 24-hour full fitness center & swimming pool. Our 24 hour professional and courteous staff is always ready to meet and exceed guest expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Strata Mountain View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mountain View (Town Center) Hotel Mountain View
- Holiday Inn Mountain View
- Mountain View Holiday Inn