“Lovely Place, Lovely and very helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Strata Mountain View
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   93 West El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040   |
Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Mountain View
Nairobi
“Lovely Place, Lovely and very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for work, it was a lovely experience, the staff are extremely helpful... they have an all day breakfast table... i totally enjoyed it.

They arrange for shuttles to the various offices located in the area, and to/from the airport on request

Room Tip: Ask for the dulex king room ...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Hotel Strata definitely lives up to its TripAdvisor reviews: it's a comfortable, clean, and conveniently located hotel with a wonderful staff! Upon arriving at the hotel, I was a bit concerned by the fact that all rooms are accessed from the outside; I generally avoid this type of layout, as it gives the impression of being less safe. As a result, I really appreciated the fact that the Hotel Strata has gone out of its way to overcome this impression by creating key-access doors that allow only hotel guests to access the hallway balconies outside the rooms. The room itself was very nice: spacious, well-appointed, and clean. The wood floors are a great touch, and the mini-fridge and microwave make everything much more convenient! I did have some difficulty keeping the room cool on my first night, but that might have been my inability to determine how to use the system! The hotel location is very convenient: I had meetings in Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, and Mountain View during my stay and was never more than a 15 - 20 minute drive from any location; the approximately 45-minute trip into San Francisco was very straightforward as well. Finally, as other reviews have noted, the staff at the Hotel Strata is truly wonderful. Though the layout of the hotel means that you interact with them less than you might at a more traditional hotel, every interaction that I had with the staff was positive, expressing a true desire to make my stay as easy and enjoyable as possible. They were also genuinely kind and paid close attention to our pre-trip communications about my room preference, etc. In short, I'd definitely recommend the Hotel Strata and would return myself on future trips to Silicon Valley.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

A recent business trip to the San Mateo County area of California brought me to this hotel. Being near San Franscisco and the Silicon Valley area, there are many lodging choices that one could select. I came across Hotel Strata on the internet and was very impressed with its website, hotel features, reviews and proximity to where I was to conduct my business. At first I had a concern about it being a motor court style hotel (former Holiday Inn Express) and nearly discounted it as a valid choice as being a single female traveler, as safety is a primary concern. I am so glad that I did not as aside from safety, I look for a place that offers the most value in areas of rates, comfort, features and customer service.

This place is too good to be true as it has it all and I will definately come back for future stays while in the Bay Area. This hotel offers guests great value, comfort, five - star amenities, high speed internet, business center, delicious and plentiful breakfast buffet and most importantly...it has the best owners and staff ever. Mr. Patel and his family go out of their way to make you part of their family during your stay. I am certain that Mr. Patel and his son do not need to be a part of the daily operations as he has a devoted and dedicated staff with Gladys, Linda, and Em; however, I am happy they were as being greeted by them daily made my day. Everyone of these folks made me feel like family and ensured I received anything that I needed and gave the most helpful advice insofar as my travels and entertainment.

Never in my years of travel have I came across a team of people who love their jobs so much that they go beyond the call of duty to ensure total satisfaction for their guests. They spared no expense in remodeling this hotel to take it away from the looks of a national chain hotel into something truly outstanding and special. On my day of arrival, Mr. Patel was reviewing blueprints to do further enhancements to his hotel and was beaming as he described what he planned to do next. This level of commitment makes me happy and feel great that a small business owner in America can have much success by putting their heart into the business.

A special thanks goes out to Mr. Patel for being so kind and considerate by offering me a scarf to keep me warm on a day when it was 32 degrees after I left home without my coat. By the way, I could rave about customer service and his staff all day, but you may want to know that the Hotel Strata website photos depict exactly what you get when you stay. I was very pleased with the bedding, internet, food, etc. I have travelled all over the US and Mexico and by far have never met a team of folks concerned about making their customers feel great.

If you are ever in the Mountain View, CA area (near San Jose) you must consider this hotel. YOU will be happy you did!

Best regards,
Debbie N./ Houston, TX

Room Tip: I had the basic (300 SF) room and it was very nice and just as the website depicts!
Lexington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I only stayed at the Hotel Strata for a couple of days and did not want to leave because of the service I received. The staff was not only friendly but also extremely helpful and accommodating. Hotel Strata also has great rooms. But their staff is by far the biggest selling point for me. I will definitely stay there on my next visit to Mountain View.

Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our stay took us over Christmas day. Everything was excellent. Front desk helpful and courteous. Housekeeping was superlative. The room was kept perfectly clean with ample supply of bath linens and change of bed linens. HVAC worked perfectly. Comfortable bed made sleeping in a strange environment easy. Breakfast was sufficient and varied, numerous options to satisfy most tastes. Both hot and cold selections. All in all a most satisfying stay. Room was large and airy with lots of storage space for the luggage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Queens, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Given the older, motel-type exterior, I wasn't expecting much, but I was blown away by the friendly and dedicated staff and pleasantly surprised by the upscale touches that have been added. From glass-enclosures on lower-level exterior hallways, umbrellas at entrances, high-end coffee and snacks, well-appointed rooms and amenities, everything at Strata was wonderful.

Room Tip: Best service in the Valley by-far! No need for a rental car- their free shuttle can get you to and f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and always have an A1 experience. The hotel has become independent which allows them to apply their attention to detail and exemplary customer service outside of the bounds of a franchise. The staff are amazingly friendly, knowledgable and really, really helpful. They actually care, and it shows.
Im a business guest and get everything I need from this hotel without needing to be a platinum card holder or pay for special treatment or upgrades.
The breakfast is great (they now cater for special diets too), the internet is reliable, fast and free.
Dilip, Kirit, Gladys, Em and the team made me feel very welcome (as usual) and this is definitely my preferred accommodation when visiting Mountain View.

Room Tip: Book early, this hotel fills up quickly.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata Mountain View, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Mark R,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. We at Hotel Strata have continued to evolve with time and meeting guests’ needs. As a Franchise property, we came to a point where we were unable to change due to Brand standards not letting us change to meet our guest’s new needs. To continue evolving with changing needs of our travelers, we made a decision to become and upscale Boutique property, which would allow us a continued process of change. Like many Silicon Valley companies with unique abilities to compete with other companies, we also are unique in our way and will continue meeting and exceeding guests needs. Our Guests will always be involved in our ever-changing process.
We look forward to continue serving you and thank you for your business.

Kirit

Been to Hotel Strata Mountain View? Share your experiences!