“Budget with a touch of class...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain View
Budget Motel
1028 El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94035   |
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Mountain View
Sacramento, California
“Budget with a touch of class...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A spontaneous trip to Mountain View CA left me looking for an inexpensive place to avoid a long drive home. I tried a chain motel but found it 'pricey' for the 8 - 10 hours of a visit. I stopped next door and saved nearly a third the cash and was pleasantly surprised by the beautifully kept courtyard and the immaculately kept room. More like a court of small cottages it was very clean, even while being older structures, with a beautiful collection of roses and other colorful flowers and plants in front of each room. Ice machine, drinks, nearby, centrally located, a pleasant and helpful staff, a comfortable room with microwave, fridge, and very clean. All in all a very highly recommendable place for travelers who watch their spending. With as much attention as they pay to the appearance, they pay more to the needs of their clients.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I travel to Mountain View 2-3 days a week and "always" stay at Budget Motel. Bob and Bella are the kindest! I can always count on them to have a super clean and quite room! This is the best place and if you come and stay you'll get hooked as I did! They truly go the extra mile in making sure I enjoy my stay - glad I found Budget Motel! I give them a 10!

Thank you Bob and Bella!
AJ

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011 via mobile

I have tried almost all of the hotels on El Camino since I spend three nights a week here in hotels. This is the place I stay exclusively now. Best rates in town, very friendly staff, clean rooms, ample space, fast and free Internet, ample parking, and other guests are also professionals so don't have any loitering, noise, or safety issues.

• Stayed November 2011
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed for one night and was pleasantly surprised. small clean room, well appointed. Very good value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I got tired of slow Motel 6 internet (and paying everyday for it). Here, I get really fast internet, free. The units are separated by carports, and there is nobody above me, so it's really private and quiet. Cable TV is good. And I get covered parking. And the weekly price is better than Motel 6. I've been here for a couple of weeks, going on 3 weeks, while I look for a job. I would recommend it to others.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I've been staying at the Budget Motel for a couple of weeks while looking for apartments in the Bay area and working in Silicon Valley. I highly recommend this motel to anyone visiting Silicon Valley, or passing through on their way to the bay area. It is reasonably-priced, and within very short walking distance to the shops/restaurants on Castro Street in Mountain View. The owners are very nice, and do a great job maintaining their establishment. The rooms are clean and well-stocked; besides TV with HBO, you are also provided with an iron/ironing board, a refrigerator and microwave, among other things. Come try it out!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
South Lake Tahoe, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

The WORST hotel I've ever stayed in. The second day of the trip, they came and asked us for an extra 50 dollars out of the blue, and then threatened to call the cops to have us kicked out if we didn't pay it. SO weird. Don't stay here unless you want very strange and random hassle. The room is fair, but nothing special and the staff and management are obviously sketchy. I wouldn't want housekeeping in my room, that's for sure!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Budget Motel? Share your experiences!